Start by marking “A História da Senhora Rata Migalha” as Want to Read:
A História da Senhora Rata Migalha

A História da Senhora Rata Migalha (The World of Beatrix Potter: Peter Rabbit)

3.96  ·  Rating Details  ·  2,559 Ratings  ·  71 Reviews
A Senhora Rata Migalha era uma ratinha terrivelmente asseada, que andava sempre a varrer e a limpar a sua toca.
Estes célebres livrinhos da Colecção Pedrito Coelho foram escritos e ilustrados por Beatrix Potter e têm encantado as crianças do mundo inteiro há mais de quatro gerações.
Published 2010 by Civilização Editora (first published 1910)

To ask other readers questions about A História da Senhora Rata Migalha, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A História da Senhora Rata Migalha

Gerry
Oct 16, 2015 Gerry rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Mrs Thomasina Tittlemouse, a wood-mouse, lived in a funny house with yards of sandy passages among the roots of a hedge. She had a kitchen, a parlour, a pantry, a larder and she slept in a little box bed in her bedroom.

She was a very tidy mouse but her world was regularly disturbed by the number of visitors she had. Beetles lost their way in the passages, a ladybird often visited her, a big fat spider occasionally called thinking that she was at Miss Muffet's house and a bumble bee and his frien
Shanna Gonzalez
May 27, 2009 Shanna Gonzalez rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: children-04-08
Mrs. Tittlemouse is a fastidious little mouse, living alone in a very clean house. Whenever another animal or insect comes to her home, she shoos it away and sweeps up after it; but when a swarm of bees make their home in one of her store-rooms she is pressed to allow her boorish toad neighbor Mr. Jackson to evict them. After he leaves, she laments the terrible mess made of her home, and sets to work straightening things up. When she is satisfied, she gives a civilized party for five other mice, ...more
Audryaunna
Mrs. Tittlemouse lives in a cute little house that she keeps very clean. She is disturbed by a lot of visitors and she is very upset since she cannot keep her home clean. The bumble bees thinks that she has a very nice home wants to live with her. She wants no part of that. When she gets home she finds Mr. Jackson with his feet up in her home. She is very upset so makes the entrance of her home narrower so Mr. Jackson can not come in.

Jonathan
One of Beatrix Potter's least violent stories. Mrs Tittlemouse suffers from OCD (Obsessive Cleaning Disorder), so she is at her wits ends when her home is invaded by all sorts of grubby creatures. Her toad neighbour Mr Jackson sorts out a nest of bees who have taken up residence in an empty storeroom, and to celebrate she has a party (exclusively for other mice, clean mice I suppose), but doesn't invite him. He turns up anyway and is given a drink, which seems to be all he was after. Many cleani ...more
Maria Eleynita
Mrs. Tittlemouse should've been named Mrs. OC-Tittlemouse. I enjoyed it very much, not bad Mrs.Tittlemouse after all, she's just being tidy and clean with her belongings, even threw a party to her mice friends.
Noa
Jun 15, 2013 Noa rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: i-own
All that I can say is "How great are Beatrix Potter's tales!". All of them make me travel to my first years of life...
Kristi Lamont
Dec 13, 2015 Kristi Lamont rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Meant to rate/review this last month when I first read it aloud to my twin nephews as a bedtime story last month. It is just such a sweet and peaceful, yet mildly snarky at times, story that it has truly stood the test of time as a children's classic. The two almost-7-year-old video game lovers were entranced, as was their aunt.
Eva
Aug 30, 2015 Eva rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was one of my favorite tales growing up and the book I've read countless times. I just dug it up in the attic and had to re-read it again. It's beautifully illustrated, amusing and so well written.
If you have kids or just like tales, I highly recommend this one.
Susan
Dec 09, 2014 Susan rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
An interesting little story of a very tidy mouse indeed. I was relieved in the end that she could kick back when her chores were finished to have a little fun. Really amazing illustrations by Ms. Potter - it make the whole book.
Maria Carmo
Reading Beatrix Potter because I saw the movie about her and was delighted by her sensible delicacy and mixture of imagination and pragmatism.

Maria Carmo,

Lisbon 2 February 2015.
Saima
Jul 02, 2014 Saima rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
A nice story about a wooden mouse who lives in a meticulously clean house. It is a good story to teach children about keeping clean. Recommended for all children.
Elijah Libert
Aug 04, 2016 Elijah Libert rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Mrs. Tittlemouse is a cute little person who likes to keep her area clean. And I like how she calls the ladybug a beautiful old lady with a spotted cloak.
Vaishali Joglekar
A cute little story about a clean, tidy mouse. I love how Beatrix Potter calls insects "people." Very humane of her...
Allison P
Aug 12, 2014 Allison P rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I read this so many times to my daughter that she memorized it at the age of three. Such sweet memories!
Windy A. Alicia
Mrs. Tittlemous yang terobsesi dengan her nice clean house. PESAN : Yah, budayakan kerapian dan kebersihan.
Lauren Perotto
Mar 06, 2015 Lauren Perotto rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
"'Will it ever be tidy again?' Said poor Mrs. Tittlemouse." Oh, how I can relate!
Saskia (Smitie)
Cute story about a mouse that has a lot of unwanted visitors in her home.
Natasha
Jan 17, 2015 Natasha rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2015
Poor Mrs Tittlemouse just wants to have a clean and tidy house but she keeps getting unwanted/untidy guests turning up.

I suppose the moral of the story is to keep your front door shut or you might end up with bees living in your spare room!
Elizabeth (Miss Eliza)
Basically Mrs. Tittlemouse as an OCD Hobbit and then the dwarves arrive...
James
Mar 03, 2014 James rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Read this to my five week old grandson, Oliver.
CM
Mar 19, 2016 CM rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Missing those adorable pictures!
Wsclai
Nov 21, 2015 Wsclai rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Mrs Tittlemouse loves tidying up.
Jack Kirby and the X-man
I loved The Tale of Peter Rabbit - but this Beatrix Potter left me feeling cold.

I just didn't relate to Mrs Tittlemouse - an obsessively tidy mouse. How is it that so many unininvited vistors make their way into her house? One or two beetles or spiders I could understand - but 13 just seems like uncharacteristic carelessness.

H. P. Reed
I've been fond of dear, fussy, little Mrs. Tittlemouse since I first met her eons ago. Her constant struggles with uninvited guests and a range of messy visitors is worthy of our admiration and sympathy. She does her best to be courteous to her neighbor Mr. Jackson while wiping up his damp footprints. She battles against insect intruders until 4 fierce bees send her in retreat to her nut cellar.
Her world improves after a two-week clean. She's a delight.
Steph
Dec 01, 2011 Steph rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Poor Mrs. Tittlemouse has OCD when it concerns her house and how clean she expects it to be. Anyone who dares to mess up her house will be met with a rude awakening. It is a cute image to think of such a small little mouse getting so upset. Of course, it's cute in general to imagine a mouse having human characteristics.
Emily Blay
I like this book for the vocabulary. It would be very interesting to do a lesson or a unit on picturesbooks. Read pictures books from long ago and read recent picturebooks. I would include this book if I did the lesson/unit on picturebooks. This could also be an anticapatory set on a lesson on vocabulary.
Prashant
Mar 30, 2012 Prashant rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: e-book
Mrs. Tittlemouse

Mrs. Tittlemouse a little cute mouse obsessed with keeping her house clean she is pestered by all kind of intruders. Mr. Toad and the honey bees being worst among them.
jacky
Feb 18, 2010 jacky rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: picture-books
I liked how this one let us get to know one character well, even though not much happened in the terms of a plot. The illustrations of the mouse were cute and the bugs and spider were creepy-crawly. Except the bee; I liked the way the bee talked and its name.
Maryellen Wilson
Another break from Pooh's Workout Book -- still flies in the apartment so we wanted to read about the toad who came to Mrs. Tittlemouse's in search of honey -- I can't remember his name now. But we liked the part where he snapped up Babitty Bumble!
  • Winter Story
  • Oh, What A Busy Day!
  • Kanga and Baby Roo Come to the Forest
  • Paddington at Large (Paddington, #5)
  • Story of Little Babaji
  • Merry Christmas, Splat
  • Flower Fairies of the Summer
  • Dance at Grandpa's
  • The Magic School Bus In The Haunted Museum: A Book About Sound
Helen Beatrix Potter was an English author, illustrator, mycologist, and conservationist who was best known for her children's books, which featured animal characters such as Peter Rabbit.

Born into a privileged household, Potter was educated by governesses, and grew up isolated from other children. She had numerous pets and through holidays in Scotland and the Lake District developed a love of lan
More about Beatrix Potter...

The World of Beatrix Potter: Peter Rabbit (1 - 10 of 23 books)
  • The Tale of Peter Rabbit