Start by marking “Style and the Man” as Want to Read:
Style and the Man

Style and the Man

3.88 of 5 stars 3.88  ·  rating details  ·  33 ratings  ·  4 reviews
Alan Flusser, one of America's foremost menswear designers, knows fine clothes and where to buy them. He shares all this in his insightful and elegantly written treatise for the man interested in savvy attire. Tuck this volume into a corner of your suitcase and you'll be armed with a connoisseur's knowledge of the dos and don'ts of buying and wearing quality clothes and ho ...more
Published August 30th 1996 by Itbooks

To ask other readers questions about Style and the Man, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Style and the Man

Jessica
A useful book for learning THE RULES of men's clothing. Some of the advice is outdated, but the principles remain. Flusser's tips on how to fit a suit into a suitcase are top-notch and will be forever useful.

Unfortunately, I failed to find the author's charmingly acerbic style to be charming throughout.
Brian
Oct 25, 2010 Brian rated it 4 of 5 stars
Shelves: 2010
I'm trying, slowly but surely, to incorporate some of the many, many tips I gleaned from reading this essential treatise on style into my wardrobe. But let's just say that I have a long way to go. I may not be able to afford to shop at the places he recommends, but I can at least take into account some of the good advice he provides on making sure things fit properly. Starting with: you don't wear a large, dummy!
Rod Foglio
The first 100 pages has some great tips, but the last 300, about where to shop are pretty useless (and by now outdated.)
Brandon Michaud
Very informative regarding the aspects of clothing including tailoring and its general rules pertaining to proper fit and style.
Tarik Francis
Tarik Francis marked it as to-read
Jun 23, 2015
Galo De
Galo De marked it as to-read
May 09, 2015
Bernard Nicholson jr.
Bernard Nicholson jr. marked it as to-read
Feb 25, 2015
Scott Schreiber
Scott Schreiber marked it as to-read
Jan 21, 2015
Billy Mccormick
Billy Mccormick marked it as to-read
Jan 05, 2015
Zoejasper
Zoejasper is currently reading it
Dec 28, 2014
Melumzi Duze
Melumzi Duze marked it as to-read
Sep 19, 2014
Hayk Yegoryan
Hayk Yegoryan marked it as to-read
Jul 18, 2014
James Sidwa
James Sidwa marked it as to-read
Apr 29, 2014
Chingiz Hamzabayov
Chingiz Hamzabayov marked it as to-read
Apr 19, 2014
Redaktora
Redaktora marked it as to-read
Mar 18, 2014
« previous 1 3 next »
Dressing the Man: Mastering the Art of Permanent Fashion Style and the Man Clothes and the Man: The Principles of Fine Men's Dress