Start by marking “After Eden (Fallen Angels, #1)” as Want to Read:
After Eden (Fallen Angels, #1)

After Eden (Fallen Angels #1)

3.67 of 5 stars 3.67  ·  rating details  ·  2,811 ratings  ·  145 reviews
Devi knows she shouldn’t trust the new employee at her favorite used bookstore. Sure, he’s funny, smart and hands down the sexiest guy she’s ever met, but something dark lurks behind his unassuming smile and sinful green eyes.

Still, a girl can’t always afford to be picky. When an angel abducts your twin brother it should come as no surprise that the one person who can help
Published April 20th 2011 by Katherine Pine, via Smashwords (first published January 9th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about After Eden, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about After Eden

Cj
Personally, I found this book rather distasteful.

Devi is a lonely girl, who is secluded and doesn't have very many meaningful relationships. Her mom reminds her of her missing brother and dead father*** [VERY CREEPY NOTE IN THIS] She has one friend, Kim, who is Vietnamese and isn't nice at all and doesn't treat her well at all, so she feels pretty isolated. Pretty cliche already, but it only gets worse.

Then, these creepy migraines just start happening and she's like, 'oh, yeah! I get migraines t
Steffy
The summary was good and the few first chapters have real potential, I really thought I would enjoy that book but unfortunately the promising start didn’t really deliver.
I know that starts of series might not always seem like the best but this book didn’t manage to capture my interest on any level.
I can’t say the plot is flawed but there is a lot of inconsistencies, the absence of some essential explanation that almost makes me wonder if the author had a define plan when she started to write the
Savannah (Books With Bite)
I am really enjoying see author think outside the box. Stories are now becoming so much more than what they used to be. One genre that is popular is angels. I love the any story with angels, but when Heaven and Hell go to war, its even better.

Devi is a great character. I loved her personality from the very start. She is a very humbling young lady who is just trying to find answers. I like how both her and her brother had a strong connection to war that is going on. The storyline is not only uniq
Katinki
I'll call this one really more like 2.5 stars. It's better than a 2 but not as good as a 3...so yeah, 2.5

What I like:
- The world. I liked the potential here - the demons, the angel hierarchy, the devils, the spiritless, the soulless, etc. It's a pretty nifty idea.
- I also like the conflict presented with Devi (main character) and her brother and how they fit into this particular world. I also like the separate romantic conflict between Devi and Azazel/aka Oz (conflict meaning she's destined t
Kami
Devi is very emotional even though most of the time she does not know why. Devi has missed a part of herself since her brother was stolen & she has never felt whole since. Devi is constantly thinking about her brother & any answers she can get she is willing to pay the price for the answers. Her favorite bookstore is now owned by Oz who is a demon & she is falling in love with. There is a curse on demons (which in this series are fallen angels)& it is related to love which really ...more
Chrissy
This was a good story and I am looking forward to the next book. I do have one issue with this book that made me give it a lower rating. This may be a spoiler so be forewarned!

I was extremely disappointed with Devi's treatment of Camael. I frankly didn't understand why she was so hostile and cruel to him. I don't care that Camael technically doesn't have feelings, but seriously, it's human decency to not be so uncaring. It confused me that Devi was upset over the bug that flew into the flames, a
Molly
I had to give this one up at about 60%. I wanted to check out some independently published books, and this one has a great cover that drew me in, but I was very disappointed.

The premise is not too bad. As far as fallen angels go, it's fairly standard. The twist is that God cursed demons to be killed by any humans they fall in love with. It had potential, but there are several fundamental problems.

First is editing. I can't stress this enough. Everyone needs a professional copy editor at the very
Witchmag's Boekenplank
Read the full review at Witchmag's Boekenplank

The story started very promising. Heroin falls almost in the arms of our hero (okay, she fell on the hard floor, he wasn’t that quick ) and they feel instantly attracted to each other. There are also interesting flashbacks about Devi’s strange brother Kai. Very interesting, since I’ve never heard of an angel kidnapping children. Aren’t they supposed to be on the good side?

But then… Then they start talking and won’t stop. The alternation between actio
Alyssa
3.5 This book was surprisingly good for 99c on Amazon!

Meet Devi. Her brother Kai was taken away by a gorgeous angel when they were children, her father committed suicide, and her mother -- who blames herself for all the wrong that has happened to their family -- is a shell of herself. She drinks alcohol and passes out on a couch that is the same model as the one her dead husband shot himself on.

Meet Oz, or Azazel (or Jasmine... more on that to come). He is a fallen angel, or a devil. He owns a b
Jody
After Eden was easy to read and I liked the story about an outcast Devi, who meets a mysterious guy at her favorite used book store. Devi's twin brother Kai was taken by an Angel when she was 10. She has always felt she was missing something ever since that day. She has been plagued by migraines since his disappearance. Her father commited suicide on their couch because he couldn't stand the loss of his son. Davi's Mom is an alcoholic and more absent than present in her life. When Devi meets Oz, ...more
First, I'll give you the good: This book is somewhat funny. I found myself laughing outright at some of the scenarios and banter, so that was good. Unfortunately, that isn't what this book is about and it doesn't make this book better overall.

I'm going to agree with some of the other reviewers on this: There is a beginning and an end, but the middle is lacking. Neither the beginning nor end are that spectacular either, and that's why I gave it two stars.

The beginning is okay. At first it seems l
TheBookAddictedGirl
May 17, 2011 TheBookAddictedGirl rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Everyone Who Loves Dark Romance With An Angelic Twist!

I was asked by the author, Katherine Pine, to review After Eden. Well, with angels, dark romance, demons and the paranormal, this book sounded like my idea of heaven (no pun intended, there). I had even been planning on buying it, before Katherine offered it to me. And, after finishing, I can honestly tell you all that I loved this book! Thank you Katherine, so, so much!
There was something very addictive about After Eden, right from the beginning. The prologue was simply amazing, about how cl
Mary
I remember very little about this book, but past Mary literally wrote "It's over. It's finall over." as her final note in the book.

Which means this book was bad enough that I don't even remember the apparent torture it put me through.
Gabby
Can you give negative stars? I honestly had to make new shelves just for this book. The characters were annoying and always crying ( bad boys and girls)??? Seriously? I have a hard time believing that a bad boy demon is a cry baby too! Don't even get me started on the erratic dialogue and complete lack of sense. I definitely would not recommend this book to anyone... There is no real romance and no real story. YA readers.. Don't waste your time.
Tiffany
This book has an interesting plot about demons,devils and angels. Also the characters are unique so it is an enjoyable read. The main character Devi has had a tragic life after the loss of her brother and father. One day she meets a demon and she starts to get closer to discovering what happen to her brother. I will definitely continue to read the series because I want to see what happens next.
Fallen for books
The book was overall good. I liked the pace of story. Th way secrets were reveled! I sometime got emotional which reading the book too! I loved the romance,the excitment, all the characters were well developed!! only thing I dint like was the girl how much ever I liked her she kept on thinking the same thing about her angel but overall it was good!!
Cari
Oh, I quite liked this one! After Eden has angels, demons, devils, and soulless girls, a solid plot, and it's well-written, quite the balm to my own soul after reading a string of really awful books in this genre. There's sweetness and dread, darkness and hope in these pages.

The characters are developed and surprisingly sympathetic despite being rather archetypal. When you strip them of their other worldly attributes, Oz is your typical bad boy, Devi is the standard girl out of her element with
Chrys
Once again I find myself not liking the main guy in a story. Oz is just plain weird. I can't figure him out. He attacks the guy who tries to drag Devi to Hell but then hangs out with him the next day like nothing happened. He's happy, then he's sad. He acts like the emo boy he's dressed like...its depressing. Not to mention his actions as Jasmine made no sense to me either. Devi seems normal-ish, if not almost boring. The angel is the only truly interesting 'person' to me. I feel bad for him. Do ...more
Jayde Scott
review to follow shortly
Katja
From the blurb I figured the book is very much what I like to read, so I had high expectations for it. The beginning of the book was promising, but it watered down from there. Around the middle I got the impression the author was a bit lost and didn’t exactly know where she was going with it — to be short, it was rather boring without any real context or connection to the actual plot. In some ways the middle seems to be part of a fully different book than the beginning and end.

Pine got the story
Rachael Grossi
I truly enjoyed the concept of this book, but the execution was lost on me. I had a hard time getting sucked into the book and that is something I look forward to, with everything falls away except for the amazing story. The main character Devi, was a bit whiny and tended to cry and get hurt alot, it was hard to not want to yell at her to become more dimensional, it hard to see what kind of interest, Oz even has in besides the beauty of her soul, especially since they only known each other for a ...more
Kimberly
As soon as I finished this book, I ran to look for the next in the series. This is why I don't usually download books this soon, but I can't really be upset at reading this one again.

Loved the concept and delivery of this paranormal work. The main character is young-just becoming a woman-and is dealt with the shock of a lifetime. I was not ready for that one. Bravo, Ms. Pine!! I so love to read along, pound my forehead and think, "I did not see that one coming." No spoilers.

If you are like me
Aydrea
I would say this is more of a 4.5 rating.

This book was a lot of fun! The plot definitely had some great twist and turns, bad guys, and mythology. There were some surprising things about some of the characters and I was intrigued at seeing a different view on certain supernatural beings. I am excited to see where things will go in the next book because the ending was intense & there was a bit of a cliffhanger. Oh I also loved the padding the ex-boyfriend car scene. Haha what a great idea, I a
Sharon
Sadia
Star Rating - make that 3.5 outta 5 (:

After Eden is a story of a girl named Devi, fallen angels, biblical history, romance and so much more. Anybody who is a fan of paranormal fiction, especially one about angels will get a kick out of this book.

Devi is a pretty cool character, sometimes a little clingy and insecure but still pretty cool. The scenes with her and Oz are cute and she did succeed in surprising me a few times.

Oz is... funky, I liked him, he is such and original character and damn,
Kim
After Eden is the first book in the Fallen Angels series, and a book I couldn’t put down once I started. Angels, demons, devils, bad boys, tragedy and loss. There was a little bit of everything in this book and it was gripping. Devi has lived most of her life in a state of sadness, feeling the loss of her brother each and every day. She feels guilty for that day and for the tragedy that followed his abduction and she has lived with that for every moment since. When she meets Oz, some of the ques ...more
Sarah Snyder
Let me start this off by saying Katherine Pine certainly has a remarkable way with words. I adore Pine’s writing style – her descriptions are simply fabulous. From the moment I began the book, I was transported into Devi’s mysterious and vivid world.

Oz, the love interest in After Eden is beyond awesome. Devi describes his look as “beautiful in that indie musician or starving poet kind of way”, which let me be the first to say, yum. But the wonderful thing about Oz, is that he is a complete swee
carole
While reading After Eden I kept having one thought, "this is really freaking good!" I have been so privileged lately to have so many amazing self published authors, small publishing companies and more approaching me to read new books!! Thank you so much Katherine Pine, your book rocked my socks.

It's a paranormal romance filled with Angels, Demons, and Devils. While the book has a kind of religious undertone I don't believe it to be a converting type book or even a I believe this way type book, i
Emily
This series known as the fallen angels written by Katherine Pine starts off with very interesting twists and turns. Concepts of celestial and demonic beings are very intriguing . I enjoyed reading this and was a little skeptical at the start. The story was a little slow starting and I had begun forming questions to quickly that were getting little to no answers, but soon enough the story began to flesh out more and I was being pulled in to read. The characters were a little normal and some of th ...more
book romance: After Eden by Katherine Pine 2 9 Mar 16, 2012 10:08AM
  • The Halo Chronicles: The Guardian
  • The Guardian (The Guardians, #1)
  • The Reaping (The Fahllen, #1)
  • Black Halo (Grace, #3)
  • Starcrossed: Perigee (Starcrossed, #1)
  • Demon Kissed (Demon Kissed, #1)
  • Shattered (Dream Realms Trilogy, #1)
  • Descendant (The Shift Chronicles)
  • The Understorey (The Leaving #1)
  • The Ylem (The Ylem Trilogy, #1)
  • Fallen (Guardian Trilogy, #1)
  • Thin Air (Thin Air Saga, #1)
  • Grey Eyes (The Forever Trilogy, #1)
  • Sojourner (Sojourner, #1)
  • Ember (Ember, #1)
  • Preordained (Preordained, #1)
  • Angel Evolution (The Evolution Trilogy, #1)
  • Vindicated (Fall of Angels, #3)
Beloved Purgatory (Fallen Angels, #2) Poisoned (Snow White, #1) Love is Poison (Snow White, #1-3) The Mirror (Snow White, #2) The Huntsman (Snow White, #3)

“Well, you can't be a vampire." I struggled to make it sound like I was teasing, not feverishly wishing. "You're not sparkling.” 25 likes
“Maybe this kind of devotion is sinful," I continued. "Perhaps it was even the origin of sin. But you and I are already damned.” 18 likes