Start by marking “Still Of The Night” as Want to Read:
Still Of The Night

Still Of The Night

Ancient moss-draped oaks and gracious antebellum manors are the evocative backdrop for this story of one woman's determination to preserve her family's legacy at any cost -- even at the risk of losing the kind of love that comes along once in a lifetime.
Published January 1st 2002 by Kensington (first published 2001)

To ask other readers questions about Still Of The Night, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Still Of The Night

Audrey
Apr 06, 2010 Audrey rated it liked it
"Who would believe," Rose added, trying to perk up Stella, "that three quiet, peaceful women could get involved in such derring-do?"

Synopsis: A modern-day Scarlett has to save the Louisian plantation from drug runners and police corruption while facing lectures on romance from her maiden great aunt and her best friend. Oh, she's also searching Tara for a decades-old hidden treasure.

Stella St. Vallier is the last of the storied and land-rich St. Valliers. She leaves her tenure-track position at t
Andrea Seaver
In the chaos of moving, a small box of books made it to the unpacking table, and this oldie (but not badie) was in there. Since other, more recent, additions to the towering TBR pile were out of reach, Still of the Night found it's way into the reading pile.
Now, I've read it before, and for some reason, I kept it on the shelf instead of passing on or donating, so it must have grabbed me on some level. It is a romanitc suspense, and done very well, McKinney has a lovely turn of phrase, and a kna
Stacie Tyndal
Jun 24, 2013 Stacie Tyndal rated it it was ok
I tried to finish this book but I had to stop. I couldn't take it anymore. The book was written in 2001 but the vocabulary is from 60 years ago I think. There were "surrant" breezes. Whatever that means. When I read a book I don't care for long detailed descriptions of what flowers look like because it usually isn't pertinent to the story. I liked the premise but I couldn't get into the story and Stella was annoying. By Chapter 8 I gave up. I might revisit it at a later date.
Erica
Sep 04, 2007 Erica rated it liked it
Something about this book disappointed me...not enough of a climax, or something. It's entertaining though.
Diane
Jun 23, 2011 Diane rated it liked it
a bit slow for me in the beginning but once i got past the first 60 pages, i couldn't wait to finish it.
Artemas
Artemas rated it liked it
Nov 28, 2015
Marie
Marie rated it really liked it
May 22, 2016
Lynda
Lynda rated it liked it
Oct 29, 2009
Patricia
Patricia rated it it was ok
Nov 29, 2013
Toni
Toni rated it it was amazing
Jun 06, 2009
Angela
Angela rated it liked it
Mar 16, 2017
Valerie Weber
Valerie Weber rated it liked it
May 13, 2014
Donna Turing
Donna Turing rated it liked it
May 16, 2012
Lisa
Lisa rated it liked it
Mar 24, 2015
Jacqueline Seewald
Jacqueline Seewald rated it it was amazing
May 21, 2010
Tess
Tess rated it really liked it
Apr 13, 2014
Kim Jackson
Kim Jackson rated it liked it
Aug 21, 2013
Patchworkpenguin
Patchworkpenguin rated it really liked it
Mar 31, 2015
Christa
Christa rated it it was ok
May 16, 2012
Sarah rated it liked it
Mar 27, 2012
Leticia
Leticia rated it really liked it
Sep 19, 2012
Linda
Linda rated it it was amazing
Aug 20, 2016
Karen
Karen rated it liked it
Sep 09, 2010
Paula
Paula rated it really liked it
Mar 25, 2015
Anita
Anita rated it really liked it
Sep 28, 2016
Trish
Trish rated it liked it
Sep 26, 2012
J. Yong
J. Yong rated it it was ok
Jan 07, 2010
Michelle Huffman
Michelle Huffman rated it really liked it
Oct 21, 2011
Carolyn
Carolyn rated it did not like it
Oct 13, 2011
Brook
Brook rated it liked it
Mar 31, 2011
« previous 1 3 next »
Ruth Leslie Goodman Roberson, well-known as Meagan McKinney gave up a thriving career as a biologist to become a full-time romance writer. She is author of over 20 critically acclaimed novels. Divorced, she lives with her two children in in New Orleans, Louisiana.
More about Meagan McKinney...