Start by marking “The Pea in Peanut Butter” as Want to Read:
The Pea in Peanut Butter

The Pea in Peanut Butter

Kailee loves peanut butter. But a bedtime snack turns into a dance party with all of the foods in the kitchen pantry when they come to life. This story teaches young children 3 - 6 yrs. about the various healthy foods.
Published May 1st 2011 by Futureword Publishing LLC

To ask other readers questions about The Pea in Peanut Butter, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Pea in Peanut Butter

Shauna
Nov 10, 2011 Shauna rated it it was amazing
This adorable, and imaginative story puts a modern twist on the ever mind boggling task of getting our kids to try new foods. I read this book to my twin 3 year-olds every night and they love following along, waiting to see what the foods will do next. This lively story is paired with colorful illustrations that bring Kailee and the talking foods to life. This is a great book for 3-6 year-olds.
Deb
Jul 04, 2011 Deb rated it it was amazing
Shelves: deb-s-book-shelf
Kailee’s belly wakes her up one night making all kinds of growling noises. Maybe she’s hungry. She goes downstairs to ask Mommy for something to eat and Mommy says she can get herself a fruit roll-up. Does she herself a fruit roll – up? No. Kailee reaches for the jar of peanut butter! She loves peanut butter! She hates that yucky green stuff that Mommy’s always trying to get her to eat.

As she’s reaching for the jar of peanut butter, the door slams shut. Who slammed the door shut? Why did the doo
Kelly
The Pea in Peanut Butter is an excellent book for teaching kids about healthy eating, particularly having lots of "colors" in their diets.

The little girl in this story loves peanut butter and would eat it with everything if her mother would let her. (I can relate.) Her tummy doesn't want anything but peanut butter, but, one night, when she's looking for a nighttime snack, the girl gets locked in the pantry. It is here that the foods around her come alive and persuade her to give them a try. The
Julie
Jan 24, 2012 Julie rated it it was amazing
The little girl, Kailee thought she only liked to eat peanut butter because she wasn't willing to try anything new. When her Mommy told her that she couldn't have any more peanut butter until she learned to like more food, Kailee decided to sneak out of her bedroom at night to get her favorite food. When the pantry came to life, different foods started floating off of the shelves. When she decided that she would try some of these new foods, she found out that she liked everything that she ...more
Courtney Rene
Jun 20, 2011 Courtney Rene rated it it was amazing
When I purchase picture books they are not for myself to read, but for my children or children I know. I did read this book and have to say it was such an adorable fun read for anyone. I loved the concept behind it. Plus for the parents with picky eaters out there, this would be a great book to get. The illustrations were wonderful and colorful and told the story well. As for what my children thought of it: my daughter sat down, read it straight through without stopping, and without any problems ...more
Alandra
Jun 02, 2011 Alandra rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Parents, Children, Teachers, Pediatricians, Dieticians
Allyn Stotz's THE PEA IN PEANUT BUTTER is a charming first-person picture book where a little girl, Kailee, loves peanut butter. LOVES it.

Late one night as she tries to eat some, the food in the pantry comes alive and talks with her. They teach her about the different qaulities foods have. Carrots help you see better, peas makes you smarter, etc. This was one of my favorite parts in the book. There's a huge focus on color, which is always fun for a kid.

The illustrations and story are adorable, a
Bj Gaskill
Jan 29, 2012 Bj Gaskill rated it it was amazing
I had the pleasure of reading this to my daughter, Indigo, last night before bed. This was the cutest story ever. I swear Indigo tried to con me into going into our pantry just to see if her can of peas would start to talk! The ending even had Indigo laughing.
The story and the pictures held her attention.
Oh and the cute saying about the color of foods....Perfect!
As for a rating....
Indigo said...
"It was awesome and pretty."
(She just turned 4)
Glenda Laitinen
Nov 26, 2011 Glenda Laitinen rated it really liked it
"The Pea In Peanutbutter" is a fun story that will teach childeren the necessary good food eating habits required in a fun way.

By focusssing on the colours of foods, Ms. Stotz manages to get across this important message in a way that young childeren will embrace!

I was impressed with this book and will recommend for all mothers!
Michelle
Michelle rated it really liked it
Apr 02, 2012
Its Story  Time
Its Story Time rated it it was amazing
Mar 30, 2013
Allyn Stotz
Allyn Stotz rated it it was amazing
May 28, 2011
Genilee Swope
Genilee Swope rated it it was amazing
Dec 29, 2013
Amber Bruce
Amber Bruce rated it it was amazing
Dec 29, 2011
Valerie Bouthyette
Valerie Bouthyette rated it it was amazing
Jun 15, 2011
Katrina
Katrina marked it as to-read
May 28, 2011
Kelly Hashway
Kelly Hashway marked it as to-read
May 29, 2011
Sara Renee
Sara Renee marked it as to-read
May 30, 2011
Cassie McCown
Cassie McCown marked it as to-read
Jun 23, 2011
Joanne
Joanne marked it as to-read
Louis
Louis marked it as to-read
Stacey
Stacey marked it as to-read
Michael
Michael marked it as to-read
Farren Bogar
Farren Bogar marked it as to-read
Tanya
Tanya marked it as to-read
Jennifer Ware
Jennifer Ware marked it as to-read
Paula
Paula marked it as to-read
Lynne Bridges
Lynne Bridges marked it as to-read
Mary
Mary marked it as to-read
Leila
Leila marked it as to-read
Karelyn
Karelyn marked it as to-read
JennaMarie
JennaMarie marked it as to-read
Brenda Knight
Brenda Knight marked it as to-read
Cynthia
Cynthia marked it as to-read
Maria
Maria marked it as to-read
Courtney Edson
Courtney Edson marked it as to-read
Amber Griffith
Amber Griffith marked it as to-read
Jeana
Jeana marked it as to-read
Ashley
Ashley marked it as to-read
Chatterbox
Chatterbox marked it as to-read
Evan Pauley
Evan Pauley marked it as to-read
Carol K.
Carol K. marked it as to-read
Lisa
Lisa added it
Nov 06, 2011
Allison
Allison marked it as to-read
Nov 06, 2011
Jo-Ann Murphy
Jo-Ann Murphy marked it as to-read
Nov 07, 2011