Start by marking “The Worldly Adventures of a Teen-age Tycoon” as Want to Read:
The Worldly Adventures of a Teen-age Tycoon

The Worldly Adventures of a Teen-age Tycoon

(abridged from The Bulls and the Bees)
Twelve stories humorously recounted by a precocious child of the 1930's who take a slightly skewed and often comedic view of the doings of those enigmatic adults around him.
Mass Market Paperback, 124 pages
Published December 1964 by Scholastic Book Services

To ask other readers questions about The Worldly Adventures of a Teen-age Tycoon, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Worldly Adventures of a Teen-age Tycoon

Carmen
Oct 22, 2015 Carmen rated it it was amazing
While lunching with my mother recently, the friend who happens to be a retired middle-school librarian stopped me to tell me that I had to read this book. I, of course, had never heard of it. She was so sure I would love it that she dropped it off at my house that very afternoon. She was right!

Hilarious look at everyday life through the eyes of a teenage boy. The series of short stories was originally part of the book The Bulls and the Bees, and covers the minutiae of life with Seinfeld-esque h
Jody
Mar 14, 2016 Jody rated it really liked it
If I read this for the first time today, I probably wouldn't give it 4 stars, but I gave it an extra star for how much I loved this as a child.

I think there were two books of any interest to me at my grandparents' house when I was growing up - this one and We Shook the Family Tree. I would read them over and over. I found this in a box of old books in storage and had to read it again before donating it.

This is a collection of stories about a precocious boy in the 1930s. He reminds me a bit of Th
Stephen
Read this in the 60's and still think of it from time to time. Most of the stories are long forgotten but the one where our hero starts collecting stocks because he likes the artfully engraved certificates is something I'll always remember. The boy proudly posted each of his stock certificates on his bedroom wall. The boy was overjoyed when the market crashed as he was able to buy more and more different companies and his collection grew and grew.... until his stockbroker father came home and ...more
Jennifer rated it liked it
Dec 30, 2012
David Back
David Back rated it really liked it
Nov 25, 2013
Van
Van rated it it was amazing
Mar 02, 2013
Roger
Roger rated it really liked it
Jul 30, 2014
Chris
Chris rated it really liked it
Mar 17, 2013
Hannah
Hannah rated it liked it
Dec 01, 2016
Ted Cowell
Ted Cowell rated it it was amazing
Apr 12, 2013
Martha
Martha rated it it was amazing
Sep 19, 2016
Gallimaufry
Gallimaufry rated it liked it
Jan 13, 2014
Ubikuberalles
Ubikuberalles rated it liked it
Jul 18, 2015
Bob
Bob rated it really liked it
Dec 20, 2014
Kathryn O'Brien
Kathryn O'Brien rated it liked it
Apr 28, 2016