Start by marking “Deadly Focus (D.I. Dylan, #1)” as Want to Read:
Deadly Focus (D.I. Dylan, #1)

Deadly Focus (D.I. Jack Dylan #1)

3.95 of 5 stars 3.95  ·  rating details  ·  83 ratings  ·  20 reviews
The first novel in the D.I. Jack Dylan series by RC Bridgestock. Deadly Focus is a gripping crime fiction novel set in Yorkshire. When a young girl is abducted fear and suspicion haunts the streets of Harrowfield. Dylan's worst fears are confirmed when the body of Daisy Hind is found on a bleak windswept moor. As the murder investigation swings into action another child is ...more
Published March 31st 2011 by Caffeine Nights Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Deadly Focus, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Deadly Focus

Kathy LaMee
Deadly focus is a steady and balanced British crime fiction book. RC Bridgestock delivers readers a poignant story focusing on the disappearance and murder of two children and the lead investigator on the case, Detective Inspector Jack Dylan.

Based in Yorkshire, England, seasoned D.I. Jack Dylan is called to the site of a troubling abduction and murder of nine-year old Daisy. As the book unfolds, D.I. Dylan is faced with another dead child, and fear grips the town and the department in what look
Pat
Maybe 2 1/2 stars. As a police procedural it was good. It gave some good insights into how a murder investigation is run, and its not all glamour. I also liked that the main police characters were neither perfect nor deeply flawed.

But - as a mystery/thriller it was lacking. I was still struggling to get into it at the halfway mark. I thought the delivery was rather flat, there was no atmosphere. You were reading the words but you weren't there! Here's hoping the pace picks up in the following bo
Abi Phillips
Really enjoyed reading this book! I've never read a crime book before and it was really interesting to see crimes through the eyes of a detective - in this case DI Jack Dylan.
The minute detail when describing scenes was so vivid, I was able to get a really clear image in my mind of each place Dylan visited.
I also enjoyed the parts of the book that focused on the relationship between Jen and DI Dylan as a nice break from the main story line and also to bring attention to the impact such a job hav
Nerfzilla
This isn't so much a book as a very detailed idea for a book. As if a very knowledgeable friend who worked in the police told you the story of a murder investigation, but he or she is a really boring and un imaginative person with no talent whatsoever for language. It's almost more like a teleplay of a particularly uninspired detective show. The characters are pro forma with no depth or dimension and no personalities. It's just a step by step of the procedures with no insight or perspective. I d ...more
Richard
I purchased this book after meeting the Author at a book signing. What is refreshing about the story is the attention to detail surrounding police procedures and the realism of the protocols within an investigation.
Gail
Jan 05, 2014 Gail rated it 5 of 5 stars
Shelves: kindle
Wow. That's all I can say. This is an absolutely fantastic read and totally and utterly unputdownable (yes I know it's a made up word but I have to use it) It's pace is completely breathtaking.

I was hooked from page one and could. It put it down until I turned the last page.

We have a new hero on the block, the wonderful DI Jack Dylan. He is truly a fantastic down to earth Policeman.

The only slight, and I emphasise slight, criticism I have is that the clues were there at the beginning and I figur
Rach
brilliant :-)
Carol Bridgestock
See for yourself! :-) A gift from our publishers to you... http://fb.me/UjaOY1zy First two chapters of our yet to be released CRIME novel by Caffeine Nights Publishers absolutely FREE

‘A Cracking Story’
Natasha Harding ‘The Sun Newspaper’

Be prepared to experience the sense of emotion, tension and intrigue through the eyes of a man who has taken charge of many real life murder enquiries and his co-author wife, to make this fictional tale believable in every way.
Deadly Focus is a fast moving, gripp
Mary Edgley
The storyline was OK but the characters were unbelievable. The plot was thin and clumsy and the killer obvious as a result. As 'who dunnits' go this barely made the grade..... Recommended by a fan and with a number of books now published, the writing must clearly have improved but I doubt I'll be checking that out for myself. The 3 stars is a reflection of the books promise but sadly it didn't live up to it
Clint Dyches
Very good read, grammar could use some polish...

For those that enjoy British police procedurals, you should find this a very good read. Mr. Bridgestock's grammar and characterizations could use some polish, but I've already purchased the second book in the series and plan on reading it immediately.
The Crime Scene Scene
Deadly Focus is the first novel in the DI Dylan series by author RC Bridgestock. When a young girl disappears DI Jack Dylan is called into investigate. The body of the missing girl turns up dead and Dylan must try and solve the crime before the murderer strikes again.

This book is heavy on the police procedure. Fans of ITV's Scott & Bailey TV series might well enjoy this book. Indeed this takes up more of the book than the actual crime itself. . Read the full review here
Amazing book, to think that the book is actually written by people who have been there and got the t shirt makes it more authentic and real. The authors are amazing people who write with such depth and clarity that you will not be able to put the book down!
Nursel Calap
katil ilk umduğunuz kişi çıkmazsa üzülmeyin. biraz daha polisiye okuyun...

okuyucularının hepsini karakolda toplayabilen bi dedektifi tanımaya da hazır olun derim. yine trend'den çok yakında!
bridgestock çiftinin polisiyelerini türkçe'de bekleyenlere küçük bi de müjde... kitaplar birbirinin ardına hızla kavuşacak okurlarıyla.
Karen Ebdon
Deadly Focus had my gripped from the first page. It has everything you want from a good crime novel:- a tough believable cop in Dylan, a true coppers' copper, a gritty emotive story line, the fantastic relationship between Dylan and Jen that tells you what "the job" does to families and individuals lives.

This had me burning the midnight oil, I had to know what was going to happen. The description of certain events in particular Daisy's abduction and her Mum's reaction to this was harrowing.

I wo
Jo
Frustratingly dull lead characters, story seems to dash from one thread to another. And a very picky point - the type face is really annoying!!
Katrina
Fabulous book, thoroughly enjoyed the level of detail regarding the police procedures
Clayton Bye
I enjoyed this book. The main reason for this is it was my first look inside Great Britain's police force. Read my full review of Deadly Focus and RC Bridgestock's upcoming release, Consequences, at the following URL...

R C
Deadly Focus & it's sequel 'Consequences' is No 1&2 presently in 'Books to keep you awake all night.'
Book 3 in the series 'White Lilies' is out 25th March 2013.
David
Have got the next 2 in the series and if they are as good as this can't wait to read them.
Jack
Police crime novel set in the North of England. Nicely written but a bit predictable.
Jaksie (jkcosmos) Cosmos
Jaksie (jkcosmos) Cosmos marked it as to-read
May 14, 2015
Diana Duncan
Diana Duncan marked it as to-read
Feb 23, 2015
Richard
Richard marked it as to-read
Feb 13, 2015
Diana
Diana marked it as to-read
Jan 26, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
How good do you think you are at body language? 1 3 Feb 15, 2012 06:29AM

D.I. Jack Dylan (4 books)
  • Consequences (D.I. Jack Dylan #2)
  • White Lilies
  • Snow Kills (D.I. Jack Dylan #4)
Consequences (D.I. Jack Dylan #2) White Lilies Snow Kills (D.I. Jack Dylan #4)