Start by marking “Didn't My Skin Used to Fit?” as Want to Read:
Didn't My Skin Used to Fit?

Didn't My Skin Used to Fit?

3.4 of 5 stars 3.40  ·  rating details  ·  60 ratings  ·  13 reviews
Bolton's attitude is that when you can't stop the crow's-feet from walking all over your face, it's time to laugh about it. And laughs are what she provides in this humorous yet insightful meditation on life after 40.
Published June 1st 2000 by Bethany House Publishers

To ask other readers questions about Didn't My Skin Used to Fit?, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Didn't My Skin Used to Fit?

84-The_enlightment_of_Doctor_Grace_part5_Jesus
Didn't My Skin Used to Fit by Martha Bolton is a comical little book about getting older. Bolton takes all the signs of aging {sagging skin, forgetfulness, impatience} and mixes them with her own experiences and advice to get through it. at the end of each chapter there is a quote, sometime funny sometimes meaningful. One quote is "The tragedy of life is not that it ends so soon, but that we wait so long to begin it." One of the funnier ones was, "You know you're old when getting in the groove m ...more
Joy
Funny. She wrote for Phyllis Diller and Bob Hope & her quips are naturally in that style. Seemed very familiar.

You might as well find the humor in aging, it doesn't do any good to fight it.

I had to read this book in small doses, the one-liners got old for me when I read too much at once. Good one to read in doctor's offices though.
Jamie
[b] Didn't My Skin Used to Fit?: Living, Laughing, Loving Life after Forty!Martha Bolton

This was funny and I enjoyed reading it. I'm not quite at the life point of this book but it's nice to know what to expect. And some of it sounds like fun, sort of.

There are some nice bits of wisdom in there too, friends and priorities it's not just a crazy old lady moaning about wrinkles and losing the marbles.

I'm not sure being 100 years old would let you pay off three consecutive mortgages. They don't gi
Wendy
This is a way to help us see the humor and embrace getting older. It's a fun read with many laugh out loud moments.
Donna
Great book about growing old. Even takes a few pot shots at men. Martha Bolton is a modern day Erma Bombeck.
Beverly
I loved the hummer in this book.
Karen
Whether you are past 40 or not yet there you will find this book most entertaining. Martha Bolton takes growing older with a slab of humor. From hearing lost to becoming my own grandpa this book will leave you laughing not only at yourself but with others that are suffering from the effects of living a long live.
It was a book that I didn't want to put down and didn't want it to end. I will be looking into her other books and hoping for as much levity as possible.
Larik
Absolutely hilariousness!! i loved it!!! It is so funny that i would meet with my sisters and reread parts of it so they will laugh too. People buy it and you wont regret it.
Cyndi Delia
Soild book of little essays about getting older. Some essays were funny and I felt myself nodding in agreement, however there were just as many that fell flat.
Rebecca
Thought this was real cute. An easy read to pass the time while waiting for my husband to have tests run in the hospital. Helped to lift my spirits.
Cindi Chase
This was a cute and funny look at life as we age……brought a smile to my face and few chuckles as well.
Janene
I was so excited to read this. Didn't get past chapter 3. It just wasn't funny. Boo...
Glenda
Glenda is currently reading it
Jun 28, 2015
Cara Martin
Cara Martin marked it as to-read
Jun 10, 2015
Angie Horvath
Angie Horvath marked it as to-read
May 14, 2015
Kay Card
Kay Card marked it as to-read
Mar 17, 2015
Betsy
Betsy marked it as to-read
Mar 11, 2015
Brenda
Brenda added it
Feb 14, 2015
Janice
Janice marked it as to-read
Dec 29, 2014
Paulette
Paulette marked it as to-read
Nov 16, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Josiah for President Cooking with Hot Flashes: And Other Ways to Make Middle Age Profitable If the Pasta Wiggles, Don't Eat It-- And Other Good Advice: Wise Words to Tickle Your Funny Bone and Make You Think Growing Your Own Turtleneck...: And Other Benefits of Aging It's Always Darkest Before the Fridge Door Opens: Enjoying the Fruits of Middle Age