Didn't My Skin Used to Fit?

Didn't My Skin Used to Fit?

3.44 of 5 stars 3.44  ·  rating details  ·  43 ratings  ·  12 reviews
Bolton's attitude is that when you can't stop the crow's-feet from walking all over your face, it's time to laugh about it. And laughs are what she provides in this humorous yet insightful meditation on life after 40.
Published June 1st 2000 by Bethany House Publishers

84-The_enlightment_of_Doctor_Grace_part5_Jesus
Didn't My Skin Used to Fit by Martha Bolton is a comical little book about getting older. Bolton takes all the signs of aging {sagging skin, forgetfulness, impatience} and mixes them with her own experiences and advice to get through it. at the end of each chapter there is a quote, sometime funny sometimes meaningful. One quote is "The tragedy of life is not that it ends so soon, but that we wait so long to begin it." One of the funnier ones was, "You know you're old when getting in the groove m...more
Joy
Funny. She wrote for Phyllis Diller and Bob Hope & her quips are naturally in that style. Seemed very familiar.

You might as well find the humor in aging, it doesn't do any good to fight it.

I had to read this book in small doses, the one-liners got old for me when I read too much at once. Good one to read in doctor's offices though.
Jamie
[b] Didn't My Skin Used to Fit?: Living, Laughing, Loving Life after Forty!Martha Bolton

This was funny and I enjoyed reading it. I'm not quite at the life point of this book but it's nice to know what to expect. And some of it sounds like fun, sort of.

There are some nice bits of wisdom in there too, friends and priorities it's not just a crazy old lady moaning about wrinkles and losing the marbles.

I'm not sure being 100 years old would let you pay off three consecutive mortgages. They don't gi...more
Donna
Great book about growing old. Even takes a few pot shots at men. Martha Bolton is a modern day Erma Bombeck.
Beverly
I loved the hummer in this book.
Karen
Whether you are past 40 or not yet there you will find this book most entertaining. Martha Bolton takes growing older with a slab of humor. From hearing lost to becoming my own grandpa this book will leave you laughing not only at yourself but with others that are suffering from the effects of living a long live.
It was a book that I didn't want to put down and didn't want it to end. I will be looking into her other books and hoping for as much levity as possible.
Larik
Absolutely hilariousness!! i loved it!!! It is so funny that i would meet with my sisters and reread parts of it so they will laugh too. People buy it and you wont regret it.
Cyndi Delia
Soild book of little essays about getting older. Some essays were funny and I felt myself nodding in agreement, however there were just as many that fell flat.
Rebecca
Thought this was real cute. An easy read to pass the time while waiting for my husband to have tests run in the hospital. Helped to lift my spirits.
Cindi Chase
This was a cute and funny look at life as we age……brought a smile to my face and few chuckles as well.
Janene
I was so excited to read this. Didn't get past chapter 3. It just wasn't funny. Boo...
Mybucklingbookshelf
Mybucklingbookshelf marked it as to-read
Jun 19, 2014
Naomi
Naomi marked it as to-read
Jun 17, 2014
Julie Van Tol
Julie Van Tol marked it as to-read
Jun 13, 2014
Robin
Robin marked it as to-read
Jun 12, 2014
Joe B
Joe B marked it as to-read
Jun 08, 2014
Candy
Candy marked it as to-read
Jun 07, 2014
Theresa
Theresa marked it as to-read
Jun 01, 2014
Lori
Lori marked it as to-read
May 20, 2014
Cskidd01
Cskidd01 marked it as to-read
May 20, 2014
Gina Hott
Gina Hott marked it as to-read
Apr 27, 2014
J
J marked it as to-read
Apr 10, 2014
Jill Ririe
Jill Ririe marked it as to-read
Apr 04, 2014
Debra
Debra added it
Jul 09, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Josiah for President Cooking with Hot Flashes: And Other Ways to Make Middle Age Profitable If the Pasta Wiggles, Don't Eat It-- And Other Good Advice: Wise Words to Tickle Your Funny Bone and Make You Think Growing Your Own Turtleneck...and Other Benefits of Aging Maybe Life's Just Not That Into You: When You feel Like the World's Voted You Off