Start by marking “A Cancer Prevention Guide for the Human Race” as Want to Read:
A Cancer Prevention Guide for the Human Race

A Cancer Prevention Guide for the Human Race

Few diseases create the level of fear associated with a new diagnosis of cancer. Fortunately, cancer experts have estimated that at least 50 to 60 percent of all cancer cases can be prevented through evidence-based modifications in lifestyle and diet. "A Cancer Prevention Guide for the Human Race" is a landmark, evidence-based guide to a healthy cancer-prevention lifestyle ...more
Published October 6th 2010 by Dog Ear Publishing (first published September 7th 2010)

To ask other readers questions about A Cancer Prevention Guide for the Human Race, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Cancer Prevention Guide for the Human Race

Lucinda
Oct 18, 2012 Lucinda rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: first-reads
Insightful and written with perfect clarity, this evidence-based comprehensive book is an astonishing read.

If one is unlucky enough to hear those dreaded words spoken by a clinician then fear undoubtedly follows on from the given diagnosis, along with much stress and anxiety. Cancer is still a deadly disease hence why I think many of you will be fascinated and intrigued by what Robert A Wascher has to say. Having a mother as a student nurse and a sister working in London as a ward sister makes
Michelle Randall
May 03, 2012 Michelle Randall rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: first-reads
I got a copy of this book through the Goodreads First-Reads program.

I entered to win a copy because it seemed like so many people in my life had recently been diagnosed with cancer, but at the same time I wasn't sure I was going to like it. I mean, it says lower your cancer risk by 60% on the front cover, and I thought oh this is probably some guy telling me the latest fad to prevent cancer, it's not going to be worth it.b So I put off reading it for a bit, but I can't stand having such a large
Terri Lynn
This book can very well be a life-saver and I recommend it highly. Dr. Wascher very carefully details the myriad ways we can cut our cancer risk down over 60% and readers will be pleasantly surprised to find that these preventative measures are not difficult to do nor are they expensive.
Cancer has colored my life through the losses I have suffered. I have lost both friends and relatives to various forms of cancer and really wanted to find ways I could reduce my chance of developing the monster
D Nguyen
Jun 09, 2011 D Nguyen rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I spent over ten years working on chemoprevention and diet. So often, I was asked by friends and family about to help them dissect the myths from the real science. The author has done a brilliant job explaining how lifestyle choices and diet may help with cancer prevention. I found this new book to be informative, concise, and easy to read. It thoroughly and objectively separates the cutting edge real science from the myths. For anyone who has ever wondered what they steps they may be able to ta ...more
Robert
Jun 24, 2013 Robert rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
An electronic copy of this book was sent to me as a reviewer for IndePENdants. It passed their rating system on all aspects.

This is not an easy book to read in spite of the author's best efforts. it is complex and full of details, but it is the sort of book that can save your life. Therefore, you should read it.

Dr Wascher separates out what we know, what we do not know, and what we thought we knew that was wrong from the lies we are being told that could endanger your life.

Just read it. Read it
Gracey
Dec 20, 2011 Gracey rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really liked the book. It helped me learn about the causes and my chances of getting cancer. It taught me how my aunt got cancer and how i can prevent it. I enjoyed reading it and hope i will get another soon.
Angief
May 11, 2012 Angief rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: first-reads
I recieved this book free from GoodReads. I entered for this book as I recently lost someone that was very close to me from cancer and I have a couple other family members that have been diagnosed. This is a great book and I will be passing on to a few of my family members to read.
Mark Mccarragher
Oct 22, 2011 Mark Mccarragher rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A very interesting read. Definitively eye opening.
Janet
Jul 13, 2014 Janet rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This good book with lots of awesome information on preventing cancer :)
Cancer sucks:(
Miaco
Jul 05, 2011 Miaco rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a wonderful book. A must Read!
Susan Ashcraft
This is a guide on how to remarkably reduce the risk of cancer in your own life. The author wrote it with idea of offering up a look into what are the real facts, based on real scientific research. The "junk" science is looked at, and in some cases the author has expressed interest in an actual medical treatment trial done on some of the "junk" science.

In the opening paragraphs and chapters, the author takes us through what was once done to diagnose, treat and sometimes cure cancer in patients.
Etienne02breton
Nov 21, 2012 Etienne02breton rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Thank for giving me the chance to win this book on a giveaway!!

This book is very interesting, and even more if you don't know a lot about cancer. It have a lot of fact and statistics about cancer and way to prevent it, and it have a lot of references too, so it give it some credibility.
I dont give it a five stars because i study a lot about cancer in my life and sometime I find that the information were always the same and that i know a lot of them.
But if you knew to the subject and want to know
Omar Baig
Jun 19, 2011 Omar Baig rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I was deeply moved by the information in this book as my aunt unexpectedly passed away from cancer. She was very young so it caught the whole family by surprise.

I had no idea that there are a number of things we can do to prevent cancer. According to the book, cancer experts extimate that at least 50-60% of cancer cases can be prevented through changes in lifestyle and diet.

What I like most about this book is that it aggregates the collective experience of thousands of cancer experts.

This is on
Nicole Lungeanu
***I received this book through goodreads giveaway! Thank you so much!***

I'd like to give this book more stars than but an author who's voting for his own book and uses tags that even relate to it just to promote it is lame.

Unfortunately I realised all that AFTER reading. Otherwise I wouldn't have read it in the first place.

If he's really that famous he doesn't need all this self-promotion.
Sad, sad...

Diane
May 03, 2015 Diane rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: frg-wins, health
This book surprised me. I found it extremely interesting and useful. Easy to read and understand. I am taking it to Alaska with me for reference and to share with my sisters.

Definitely recommend.

I received this book from the author/publisher after being selected as a winner in the Goodreads First Reads Giveaway. Thanks!
Ashley
Oct 23, 2016 Ashley rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I won a copy of this book through the goodreads giveaway.

It was extremely well-organized, informative, and interesting.
Elizabeth Swan
This book was very informative in statistics. I feel like it could have gone a little more in depth into the naturally healing aspect. I applaud anyone who makes a self help book, thank you
Joyce
Joyce rated it liked it
Feb 23, 2014
Mark Manna
Mark Manna rated it really liked it
Apr 13, 2014
Teresa
Teresa rated it it was amazing
Jul 03, 2013
Kristina Franken
Kristina Franken rated it it was amazing
Sep 05, 2012
Wesley
Wesley rated it really liked it
May 13, 2015
Anthony Messana
Anthony Messana rated it it was amazing
Apr 05, 2013
Zachary Harless
Zachary Harless rated it it was amazing
Jun 22, 2015
Becky Christensen
Becky Christensen rated it it was amazing
Jan 06, 2013
Mohit Kumar
Mohit Kumar rated it it was amazing
Jan 17, 2012
Larry
Larry rated it really liked it
Nov 27, 2014
Ahmad al-mahadin
Ahmad al-mahadin rated it liked it
Feb 11, 2013
Othman El Rhazi
Othman El Rhazi rated it really liked it
Jul 15, 2015
Afrouz Pirzadeh
Afrouz Pirzadeh rated it it was amazing
Jun 14, 2011
  • Our Bodies, Ourselves: Pregnancy and Birth
  • Surviving Schizophrenia: A Manual for Families, Patients, and Providers
  • The Hundred-Year Lie: How Food and Medicine Are Destroying Your Health
  • Food Politics
  • Neale Donald Walsch on Relationships: Applications for Living
  • Your Playlist Can Change Your Life: 10 Proven Ways Your Favorite Music Can Revolutionize Your Health, Memory, Organization, Alertness and More
  • Fit Quickies: 5-Minute, Targeted Body-Shaping Workouts
  • The Philadelphia Negro: A Social Study
  • Prepare, Travel, Return: A Beginner's Guide to Globetrotting
  • Felicity Floo Visits the Zoo
  • The Secret Pleasures of Menopause
Dr. Wascher is a Surgical Oncologist and Professor of Surgery. Dr. Wascher has a strong interest in evidence-based cancer prevention lifestyle strategies, and is the author of "A Cancer Prevention Guide for the Human Race," the only evidence-based, fully referenced cancer prevention book written specifically for lay readers.

Dr. Wascher is also an avid composer, vocalist and multi-instrumentalist,
More about Robert A. Wascher...

“An ounce of cancer prevention is worth a ton of cancer cure.” 2 likes