They Called It Moosicide

They Called It Moosicide

4.25 of 5 stars 4.25  ·  rating details  ·  8 ratings  ·  6 reviews
Published (first published April 29th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about They Called It Moosicide, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about They Called It Moosicide

Wendy Unsworth
I have read some short stories by this author before, they are always interesting and she obviously has a love of puzzles and mysteries. This full length novel for teenagers was so much more detailed than I expected. It is a cleverly constructed murder mystery with great characters ( at the centre of them the plucky, Denali Hawthorne). When a body is found behind her garden it is at first regarded as the sad result of a moose attack but Denali soon begins to suspect human foul play.
Each chapter...more
Mpb

A Blurb :

Denali was concentrating on finals and Christmas shopping, but a moose in the front yard and now a frozen body change her focus. Was it moosicide? Everyone seems to be writing off Jake's death as a moose attack, but Denali isn't so sure. As she learns more about Jake, she finds that there were a number of people with far better motives for his death than the moose. Can Denali find the real killer?

About the Author

I live in a split entry house
Jill Swanson
This was my favorite story included in the Denali Hawthorne Mystery Collection!
It is such a fun and quirky mystery. Denali is a great main character and I just loved her spunk and determination! Her level of curiosity reminds me of myself when I was younger!
I definitely recommend reading this or any of Denali's other mystery stories.
Lisa is an exceptional young adult writer and has definitely written a winning series for young teens.
If you like mystery and slightly bizarre happenings, you will...more
Yvonne Innes
Delightful YA mystery set in the refreshing backdrop of Anchorage, Alaska.

I really enjoyed this easy-flowing tale – like a cool breeze. Great winter story for the summer!

In addition to a satisfying conclusion, the reader is rewarded with a fun mini mystery for dessert.

Moosicide? I love it.
Ricki Wilson
Lisa Hall Deckert’s teenage protagonist Denali is a delightful young woman whose sense of justice compels her to get to the bottom of things.

In They Called it Moosicide, Denali’s keen skills of observation help to acquit the neighborhood moose and entrap the real killer of a boy whose reputation garners him little sympathy.

In Trouble Aboard the Hawaiian Paradise, Denali’s aunt treats her to a Hawaiian cruise, and mystery is afoot before they ever board the ship. When a young housekeeper’s reputa...more
T.J. Dell
Denali Hawthorne is 16 and lives in Alaska. One day she comes home from school to find her neighbor lying dead in the snow-- trampled by a moose. Except Denali's seen a lot of moose, and none of them have ever been very confrontational. What would make a moose do such a thing-- unless maybe the moose was framed.

Denali and her brother and friends have a mystery on their hands!

This was a fun book. I really liked Nali and it almost made me want to live in Alaska-- but I hate snow :-) I will admit...more
Mikayla
Mikayla marked it as to-read
May 07, 2014
Michael Flaherty
Michael Flaherty marked it as to-read
Apr 15, 2014
Lisa Deckert
Mar 19, 2014 Lisa Deckert added it  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Tori Tripoli
Tori Tripoli marked it as to-read
Jan 14, 2014
Kristy Tungl forgette
Kristy Tungl forgette marked it as to-read
Jan 01, 2014
Emily
Emily marked it as to-read
Nicole ♥
Nicole ♥ marked it as to-read
Jonathon
Jonathon marked it as to-read
Emilee
Emilee marked it as to-read
Janice Garey
Janice Garey marked it as to-read
Cayla Vangundy
Cayla Vangundy marked it as to-read
Jessica
Jessica marked it as to-read
David
David marked it as to-read
Maggie
Maggie marked it as to-read
Allana Kellett
Allana Kellett marked it as to-read
Martha
Martha marked it as to-read
Natalie
Natalie marked it as to-read
Jacqueline Santos
Jacqueline Santos marked it as to-read
Julie
Julie marked it as to-read
Dec 08, 2013
Jennifer marked it as to-read
Maddy Hartz
Maddy Hartz marked it as to-read
Evil Twin One (Ange)
Evil Twin One (Ange) marked it as to-read
Ian
Ian marked it as to-read
Dec 08, 2013
Trouble Aboard the Hawaiian Paradise (Denali Hawthorne Mysteries) Denali's Dozen: 12 Little Mysteries You Can Solve The Fairy Godmother's Guide to Finance for Couples Where's Emma? Kidnapped at the Midnight Sun