Start by marking “Psicopatologia della vita quotidiana” as Want to Read:
Psicopatologia della vita quotidiana

Psicopatologia della vita quotidiana (The Standard Edition of the Complete Psychological Works of Sigmund Freud #6)

3.88  ·  Rating Details ·  2,926 Ratings  ·  99 Reviews
No ISBN
La Psicopatologia della vita quotidiana insegna il grande valore delle piccole cose, degli atti all'apparenza più insignificanti. Ogni espressione, normale o patologica, svela l'uomo e il suo mistero anche se non lo risolve mai. E così si capisce perché piccoli gesti, eseguiti o mancati, siano capaci di farci mutare l'umore e la visione del mondo (dalla prefazione d
Hardcover, Biblioteca della Mente, 1, 328 pages
Published May 2011 by RCS Quotidiani (first published 1904)

Rick
Jun 01, 2008 Rick rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I learned why I have lost so many umbrellas in my life. Why I try to open my office door with my house key. Now, why should my hats and caps have half-lives of less than a year? Where is that mosquito control association cap I got from the World's Leading Authority? Freud pretty much convinced me that what my grandma told me - "Lost objects go to the Moon" - is not true. Venus, maybe.
Yasemin Şahin
Jan 21, 2016 Yasemin Şahin rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Hepimizin her gün başına gelen dil sürçmelerimizin anlamını, aklımızdakilerin nasıl direk dile yansıdığına dair açıklamaları oldukça aydınlatıcıydı. Düşündürücü bir kitap ve uzun süredir Freud'dan okuduğum ve yararlı bulduğum, çok da geç kalmadığım için sevindiğim bir kitaptı. Bir yerde, iş yerinde çoğunlukla yanıbaşımda olmasını seçemediğim insanlarla bir aradayken, bu kadar davranış ve cümleleri apaçık eden bir okuma yapmak iyi geldi diyebilirim.
Curt Bozif
Oct 02, 2007 Curt Bozif rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Anyone who read his Interpretation of Dreams
Shelves: psychoanalysis
How to make people really self-conscious when they drop, slip, miss-spell, forget, are late, or bump into something.
Miguel Soto
Mar 14, 2017 Miguel Soto rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
No por nada este fue mi libro-anzuelo al psicoanálisis. La mejor manera de dar cuenta del inconsciente es dejándonos ver sus triquiñuelas aparentemente inocentes, esas que surgen cuando decimos lo que (no) queríamos decir, cuando se nos olvida lo que (no) queríamos hacer, cuando dijimos el nombre equivocado, en fin...

Cada relectura de Freud abre un campo nuevo, aunque sea el campo que se aró al inicio de todo.
Alex Csicsek
Sep 18, 2010 Alex Csicsek rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Yeah yeah yeah, Frued has been discredited by over half a century of physiological study, and his theories are filled with holes and contradictions even when taken on their own terms, but come on... this stuff is fun.

The Psychopathology of Everyday Life is an interesting, accessible book demonstrating the existence of the psyche in the most mundane of circumstances, such as when having a conversation or trying to recall a name. Each chapter deals with the different manifestations of the psyche t
Anna
Jan 18, 2013 Anna rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: in-hungarian
Finished it finally. Jung's next.
I don't think I'll read Freud again. Why? Because I've had the impression that Freud's full of himself, the quantity of the examples are too damn much and the theories... I have to admit, some of them were interesting and made me think, but most of them are just annoying. The whole book is annoying and doesn't make any sense. I cannot believe most of psychology is based on this guy's thoughts.

And I have another thing I have to mention, but it's not Freud's fault.
Maureen
May 12, 2013 Maureen rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Surprisingly good.

Now that we live in a post-Fruedian universe - it is very interesting to go back and see how it all came about - this book was very readable, the stories he tells, he tells well. It's not always easy to catch everything he is getting at - but in general a very good thesis.

i don't go all the way with his ideas, and he was pedantic, a little Victorian demigod, but all the same fun to read.

Shahine Ardeshir
Jun 18, 2014 Shahine Ardeshir rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Since Psychology was my undergraduate major, I am no stranger to Sigmund Freud. So you could argue that I had some idea of what I would be getting into when I picked this book up.

Unfortunately, that didn't help make it any more enjoyable.

I was reminded repeatedly of a line I read in one of our Psychology text books, which pointed out while some of Freud's ideas did in fact shape the way we see therapy, a lot of his work did more to propel dissension (and hence encourage more people to join the
Ennio
Sep 21, 2012 Ennio rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: saggio, filosofia
Dopo aver covato per anni una certa avversione per la psicologia e gli psicologi in generale, principalmente grazie alla falsa idea che media e persone di dubbia intelligenza propinano a riguardo, mi sono lentamente avvicinato a questo mondo con un discreto interesse.
Da dove iniziare allora, se non da uno dei padri della psicologia moderna, per lo più da uno dei suoi testi che ho saputo essere di più semplice comprensione anche per chi non è studioso della materia?
Niente di più sbagliato.
Nonosta
Brandon
May 12, 2007 Brandon rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: psychology
I read this as a required reading in one of my classes in graduate school (which may have something to do with how I rated it). At the end of the book I was left wondering if anyone would ever suggest this book if the authors name wasn't Freud.
Ganesh Sanal
Jul 27, 2016 Ganesh Sanal rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: No one
A word to everyone that's about to read this: This is not Psychiatry 101. The author's subconscious repressed the fact that there are non-psychiatric people like us exist.

The most excruciating read ever. Sigmund Freud is the most terrible author that I have ever came across. He may be a great psychiatrist but he is the kind of author that make you quit reading altogether. Phew...

description

Okay. Calm down...

description

This is something that lies between a research paper and a generic book. It's too technical to be c
Tatiana (DraCat)
Apr 13, 2009 Tatiana (DraCat) rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Tatiana (DraCat) by: ta.dra.la@gmail.com
Shelves: psy
Перечитывая Фрейда с немного другим, чем пять лет назад, багажом за плечами, понимаю, что раньше я не читала его книг. Взгляд студента всегда избирателен - выхватывает то, что нужно к зачету, реферату, вообще, что нужно. За этим теряется специфика текста. Научный текст - это особая стилистика. Но и к нему можно подходить как к художественному произведению. "Психопатология обыденной жизни" с этой точки зрения вызывает реакцию: "Какой интересный автор, где бы прикупить ещё пару книжечек". Между те ...more
Jana
Jan 28, 2008 Jana rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: psychology, theory
Freud's work is foundational for understanding theory. Without reading his work, we can't possibly get all the references of the other theorists who followed. So... as part of my MFA program, we read the entire body of Freud's work.

I had a lot of resistance to Freud... mostly feminist critique. But to be fair, even the feminist theorists are grounded in at least an understanding of Freud (if not Freudian themselves). But about this book...

I guess I took issue with Freud's assumption of perfecti
Remo
Dec 23, 2014 Remo rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 1995, psicologia
Empiezo a darme cuenta de que Freud fallaba y creo que sé dónde. El busilis es la aparente coincidecia iterada. En este libro explica mediante sus hipótesis psicoanalíticas (lo intenta al menos) los olvidos casuales, las faltas al hablar o escribir (lapsus linguae y lapsus calami, como dato curioso pero inútil), los errores simples... Su método falla. Siempre se ve capaz de hallar una relación entre el tema que le ocupa y algún hecho reciente que perturba al autor del fallo. Pero es que SIEMPRE ...more
Leonardo
Nov 19, 2015 Leonardo marked it as to-keep-ref  ·  review of another edition
La represión tiene que ser tan fuerte porque el sexo mismo es muy fuerte. ¿Qué sociedad es esta en la que el sonido metálico de unos tacones puede hacer que los hombres exploten de lujuria? No es de extrañar que, en el curso del análisis del famoso sueño de «Signorelli» en su Psicopatología de la vida cotidiana, Freud informe de que fue un viejo musulmán de Bosnia-Herzegovina quien le comunicó la «sabiduría» del sexo como lo único que hace la vida digna de ser vivida: «Una vez que el hombre no e ...more
Ioana Fotache
While I appreciate its place in history, the easily comprehensible language, and the general encouragement to self-discovery via analysing ourselves and our everyday life, *damn* does Freud have a way of stretching things.
Kazi
Nov 15, 2009 Kazi rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2011, pop-science
Quaint misogynistic ramblings of an old fuddy duddy.
Kausik R
Jul 13, 2012 Kausik R rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
i was flabbergasted when i read this book ... forgetting names and slip of tongue is not a simple science...
Joanne Gordon
Jan 23, 2017 Joanne Gordon rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved his take on jokes, and his explanation of Freudian slips
Omar Ajruli
May 23, 2017 Omar Ajruli rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Aneta Jackowska-Musiol
I find it hard to accept some of Freud's assumptions.
Danny
Feb 09, 2016 Danny rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Freud’s “mistake book” is an extraordinary piece of writing/thinking/imagination, as far as I’m concerned—and a delightful book, too. A little over-laden with examples perhaps, but I don’t mind that. Who can blame him for getting carried away with the acquisitive zeal of the anthologist? He’s ON to something, and he has a right to be over-eager. As Freud notes numerous times throughout his essay, he is describing a set of phenomena that great artists and writers have intuited and represented for ...more
Moloch
May 28, 2011 Moloch rated it liked it
Recommended to Moloch by: Vi si faceva spesso cenno in L'interpretazione dei sogni
Questo libro mi aveva incuriosito perché veniva citato molto spesso da Freud nell'altra sua opera L'intepretazione dei sogni : è stato un colpo di fortuna che di lì a poco ne sia uscita un'edizione allegata al Corriere della Sera a un prezzo convenientissimo. Chiaramente, ora come per quel saggio precedente, e come per gli altri testi scientifici su materie di cui non sono per nulla competente ma che stimolano la mia curiosità, il mio commento non conterrà alcun giudizio sulla validità o attual ...more
Maurizio Patrignanelli
Poter utilizzare, da oggi in poi, la locuzione «lapsus freudiano» con cognizione di causa mi da una certa soddisfazione!
Lettura interessante, nonostante alcune parti siano leggermente ostiche per la forma, il contenuto invece, ovvero i concetti di base delle teorie di Freud, arriva a bersaglio.
Una piccola tessera del grande puzzle che è la nostra psiche, un pizzico di consapevolezza in più e uno stimolo ad approfondire la conoscenza di sé stessi.
Jury Livorati
Libro acquistato dopo aver letto "L'interpretazione dei sogni", per approfondire la dottrina freudiana. Rispetto all'altro libro le deduzioni cui si giunge sono meno affascinanti, già note (ma forse tali proprio grazie a Freud, che le ha fatte entrare nella conoscenza comune), e l'esposizione è molto risicata, lasciando il 90% dello spazio del libro ad esempi concreti, a volte ridondanti. Una lettura comunque consigliata a chi apprezza Freud e vuole guardare con maggior consapevolezza alle azion ...more
Eleclyah

Sembra che, a livello psichico, nulla avvenga a caso.
Lapsus, dimenticanze, atti mancati: secondo Freud, dietro ad ogni movimento apparentemente maldestro, dietro ad ogni errore verbale apparentemente insignificante, dietro ad ogni sbadataggine c'è il lavorio del nostro inconscio, che trapela al di là del conscio nei momenti in cui uno meno se lo aspetta.
E uno che, come me, è sempre stato digiuno di psicologia (tranne l'occasionale e isolata capatina della filosofia in Freud, appunto, al quinto a
Gabriel P. Alfonsi T.
One of the main books of Freud's theory. A must to understand his conception of the unconscious. This book along with The Interpretation of dreams, a must.
Ricardo Acuña
Oct 18, 2016 Ricardo Acuña rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: psychology
Psicopatología de la vida cotidiana, me pareció un libro interesante, que aunque las ideas expuestas por Freud han sido superadas, no deja de ser por ello un libro que invita a la reflexión. Está estructurado como una serie nutrida de historias de casos, muchos de ellos del propio Freud, sobre olvidos, equivocaciones, torpezas y actos fallidos. La última parte sobre el determinismo, la fe causal y la superstición es la parte más especulativa y un tanto filosófica, que me pareció muy interesante, ...more
Siim
Nov 12, 2016 Siim rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The book on the "Freudian slip".

Some key themes here:
1. Great minds often slip up or forget.
2. Slipping up or being forgetful is not a negative trait, but something to analyse about yourself to become more conscious of your (or others') subconscious reasons. Freud takes us on a discovery of the subconscious decisions made by your body when the tongue slips, the hand falters or something is misplaced. We get to see this in tens and tens of examples from himself, his patients, and other pschyoanal
Anton
Feb 13, 2017 Anton rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Entertaining yes, but scientifically hardly convincing from 2010s.
  • The Seminar of Jacques Lacan, Book II: The Ego in Freud's Theory and in the Technique of Psychoanalysis, 1954-1955
  • A Clinical Introduction to Lacanian Psychoanalysis: Theory and Technique
  • Identity & the Life Cycle Rev (Paper)
  • Playing and Reality by Winnicott, D. W. ( Author ) ON Jan-20-2005, Paperback
  • Freud: A Life for Our Time
  • Psychoanalytic Diagnosis: Understanding Personality Structure in the Clinical Process
  • Symbols of Transformation (Collected Works 5)
  • Cognitive Therapy and the Emotional Disorders
  • Selecting Effective Treatments: A Comprehensive, Systematic Guide to Treating Mental Disorders
  • Sanity, Madness and the Family: Families of Schizophrenics
  • Madness Explained: Psychosis and Human Nature
  • Man for Himself: An Inquiry into the Psychology of Ethics
  • Person to Person: The Problem of Being Human
  • In the Freud Archives
Freud was an Austrian neurologist and the founder of psychoanalysis, who created an entirely new approach to the understanding of the human personality. He is regarded as one of the most influential - and controversial - minds of the 20th century.

Sigismund (later changed to Sigmund) Freud was born on 6 May 1856 in Freiberg, Moravia (now Pribor in the Czech Republic). His father was a merchant. The
More about Sigmund Freud...

The Standard Edition of the Complete Psychological Works of Sigmund Freud (1 - 10 of 11 books)
  • The Standard Edition of the Complete Psychological Works 1
  • The Standard Edition of the Complete Psychological Works, Vol 2
  • The Standard Edition of the Complete Psychological Works, Vol 4
  • Three Essays on the Theory of Sexuality
  • The Complete Psychological Works of Sigmund Freud 13
  • Introductory Lectures on Psycho-Analysis: Parts I and II [The Standard Edition of the Complete Psychological Works: Vol 15]
  • Introductory Lectures on Psycho-Analysis: Part III [The Standard Edition of the Complete Psychological Works: Vol 16]
  • The Standard Edition of the Complete Psychological Works 18
  • The Standard Edition of the Complete Psychological Works 20 1925-26
  • Standard Edition of the Complete Psychological Works, Vol 22 1932-36: New Introductory Lectures on Psycho-Analysis and Other Works

“Perciò la differenza tra me ed un uomo superstizioso consiste in questo: io non credo che un avvenimento verificatosi senza alcuna partecipazione della mia vita psichica possa rivelarmi cose arcane sul futuro; credo invece che un'espressione non intenzionale della mia vita psichica possa rivelarmi qualcosa di ignoto che, in fondo, appartiene solo alla mia vita psichica; credo alla casualità esterna (reale) ma non a quella interna (psichica). Insomma, il mio è l'atteggiamento esattamente opposto a quello del superstizioso; egli, non sapendo nulla della motivazione degli atti casuali e degli atti mancati, crede nella casualità psichica; è portato ad attribuire al caso esterno un'importanza che si manifesta nella realtà futura, ed a vedere nel caso un mezzo d'espressione di qualcosa che è nascosto nella realtà. Ci sono dunque due differenze tra me e l'uomo superstizioso: prima di tutto egli proietta all'esterno una motivazione che io cerco all'interno; in secondo luogo, egli interpreta il caso per mezzo di un avvenimento che io riconduco ad un'idea. Ciò che per lui è occulto per me è inconscio; in noi c'è la tendenza comune a non considerare il caso come tale, ma ad interpretarlo.
Ora io sostengo che quest'ignoranza cosciente e questa conoscenza inconscia della motivazione delle casualità psichiche sono una delle radici della superstizione. Proprio perché il superstizioso non sa nulla della motivazione dei suoi atti casuali e perché questa motivazione cerca di imporsi alla sua conoscenza, egli è obbligato a spostarla ed a collocarla nel mondo esterno.”
1 likes
“Nella nostra concezione moderna del mondo ―concezione scientifica non ancora definitivamente conclusa― la superstizione è un po' fuori luogo; mentre era ammessa nella concezione di epoche prescientifiche, poiché ne era un complemento logico.
Aveva dunque relativamente ragione l'antico Romano, che rinunciava ad un progetto importante perché il volo degli uccelli era sfavorevole; agiva in modo conforme alle sue premesse. E se rinunciava al suo progetto perché aveva inciampato sulla soglia della sua porta, si rivelava superiore a noi increduli, si rivelava miglior psicologo di noi. Il fatto d'inciampare denotava l'esistenza di un dubbio, di un'opposizione interiore a questo progetto, la cui forza poteva annullare quella della sua intenzione al momento della realizzazione. In effetti si può essere sicuri del successo completo solo quando tutte le energie psichiche tendono al fine desiderato.”
1 likes