Start by marking “Ein verführerischer Akt” as Want to Read:
Ein verführerischer Akt

Ein verführerischer Akt (Scandalous Lady #1)

3.8 of 5 stars 3.80  ·  rating details  ·  590 ratings  ·  31 reviews
Wer ist die nackte Schönheit auf dem skandalösen Gemälde, das Londons Männerwelt in Atem hält? Julian Delane ist entschlossen, das Geheimnis zu lüften, denn das Modell trägt ein kostbares Collier, das seiner Familie gestohlen wurde. Sein Verdacht fällt auf die temperamentvolle Miss Rebecca Leland, und unversehens verstrickt er sich in ein verführerisches Netz aus listiger...more
400 pages
Published February 20th 201 by Blanvalet

To ask other readers questions about Ein verführerischer Akt, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Ein verführerischer Akt

Laura the Highland Hussy
I gave this book a 4 star rating for the main reason that I really liked it, not because it was an amazing book. I hope that makes sense.
I think when books have a title that has a double meaning it's a point up for the author. The Scandalous Lady is the name of a red diamond necklace, but it also refers to Lady Rebecca. She has led a sheltered life and was ill so often that her parents over-protected her. So at 21 she is finally healthy with but one relapse. That relapse had her on her deathbed,...more
Lady Darcie
Jun 06, 2010 Lady Darcie rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: romance lovers
Recommended to Lady Darcie by: walmart
Loved Loved Loved this book. Rebeca Leland is a woman who doesn't let life pass her by. She doesn't take anything for granted she goes for what she wants even if it means scandel. Julian Delane is the exact opposite. He is set in his ways until he sees the one thing that will turn his life around and that is The Scandalous Lady. A rare diamond that was lost or taken from his family and when he sees Rebecca wearing it hes determinds to get it back. But someone else wants the necklace also so Rebe...more
Kit
A nude portrait, an fabulous stolen jewel and a hero and herione that you can't help but root for... make In Pursuit of a Scandalous Lady a great read.
Eli Yanti
love this book, the heroine is a smart, daring and an adventurer with the hard, metilious and big responsible hero.

Salah satu novel yang menurut aku benar-benar sesuai antara judul dengan ceritanya

Kisah diawali dengan ketiga bangsawan – Julian, Leo dan Peter yang sedang memandangi sebuah lukisan yang tergantung disebuah club dan dinikmati oleh seluruh pengunjung club, lukisan yang penuh skandal, skandal pertama – pose telanjang seorang wanita, skandal kedua – wanita tersebut diisukan adalah seo...more
Lover of Romance
Every Gentleman in London has seen the most sensual painting, that has them all wondering who this mysterious lady could be? And why would she do such a thing? So when three young women come in the night, in hopes of stealing the painting in hopes that no one would be able to guess who, they are caught red handed by Julian Delane and his two friends. Then there is a wager placed between them, on who can guess the true identity of this woman, but if they never guess right, then the three woman ge...more
Heather
I liked this better than Never Marry a Stranger, but this still isn't reread (3.5 or higher) worthy for me. I liked Rebecca; she wasn't willing to rely on Julian, unwilling to let others keep her down after having been sick for so long, willing to take risks. I liked Julian - he earned their money, willing to defer to her when she wanted to contribute, respected her as a woman and treated her as an adult worthy of admiration. While I loved how their relationship grew so gradually, I didn't like...more
Donna
I liked this first book in her new trilogy much better than I did the last book of the previous trilogy. I thought Rebecca was a strong independent woman and Julian was able to adapt to that in spite of his strong "protectior" instinct. The plot was a clever mix of romance and suspense and ended really well. I'm looking forward to Elizabeth's story next!!
Angela
This was a very enjoyable read. I love romance as redundant as that sounds, so reading about Julian and Rebecca's growing relationship was fun and for a while I forgot about the "mystery" involved. I really liked the ending, it certainly surprised me. I can't wait to read book number 2!
Gemmoi
This was my first smutty historical romance and I loved it. The characters are believable and true to the period. The settings are descriptive I could picture it all. The hero is too die for. Overall a wonderful story with all the right elements.
Saral
Don't you think that none of the three posed for the painting... but rather it was Julian's aunt? (If not... I put my money on Susanna... but I won't know for sure until I read the second book to see the author's focus on Elizabeth.
Larissa Lyons
This is the first story I've read by Gayle Callen and I love the action and surprising plot twists. The train scene especially was loads of fun. A great start to a new trilogy and I cannot wait to devour the other two!
Fay Ann Hollcroft
GREAT BOOK! Just couldn't put it down. It had just about the right amount if everything for me: suspense, action, ROMANCE, & much, much more! LOVED IT! Now on to book 2!
Marianna
I liked the setting, and I enjoyed that the sole focus was on the two main characters. Is it weird that I liked Julian's caveman antics? "Me woman! Not you woman!"
Alessandria
An excellent book, with just enough tension and romance to keep you hooked.
Leafherder
I really enjoyed this book. While predictable, It had action, and I liked the romantic buildup, and the steamy consummation. I also appreciated the less exotic sex scenes that many books seem to have. For me, the anticipation, combined with the culmination make the book romantic.
Cindy
I like the combination of suspense en history in this book. It brings the book to another level that is should have been when there was not so much suspense in it. I was curious how it would end. N ot with the love in this book, because you know already how the end is when you read the back of the book. But with the diamond and it’s story.
Tabetha Waite
I thought this book had a good premise -- mysterious lady painted in the nude, while everyone wonders who she is. I also liked the idea of a wager between the men and women, but I felt the storyline turned a bit weak toward the middle and more emphasis was put on the jewel and the portrait, rather than the romance between Julian and Rebecca.
Rebekah
BUMMER ALERT: the "Scandalous Lady" in question turns out to be the name of a big crazy diamond. I read it anyway, though. And goodreads now tells me that this is book #1 of a series! From the way we completely ignored our heroine's 2 friends for four-fifths of the book, I'm guessing there are 3 books.
Eve
Good, better than the other book I've read in the series (Elizabeth's story I think)
Still wouldn't call her great, but an okay read for a lazy day.
Maryanne
great tale well written
Virginia
Unbelievably thin characters and a ludicrous plot. Blech.
3.5 stars, really. Enjoy the characters and plot lines.
Heather
I can't believe I paid $2.00 to read this ebook.
Marilyn
Sent to archives. Waste of time/money.
Ana Pereira
Sep 24, 2013 Ana Pereira is currently reading it  ·  review of another edition
So far so good.
  • A Necessary Husband
  • To Sin With a Stranger (Seven Deadly Sins, #1)
  • Taken by Desire
  • The Education of Mrs. Brimley (Chambers Trilogy, #1)
  • Surrender A Dream
  • Never Lie to a Lady (Neville Family #1)
  • The Seduction Of An Unknown Lady (McBride Family #2)
  • The Highlander's Forbidden Bride (Sinclare Brothers, #4)
  • What the Duke Desires (Billingham Bastards #1)
  • The Bride's Necklace (Necklace Trilogy #1)
  • The Wild Marquis (The Burgundy Club, #1)
  • The Care and Taming of a Rogue (Adventurers’ Club, #1)
  • A Highlander Never Surrenders (MacGregors, #2)
  • Bride for a Night
  • My Wicked Marquess (The Inferno Club, #1)
  • Never Trust a Rogue (Heiress in London, #2)
  • Desiring the Highlander (McTiernay Brothers, #3)
  • A Groom of One's Own (The Writing Girls, #1)
USA Today Bestselling author Gayle Callen writes historical romances for Avon Books. Her twenty-first novel, Redemption of the Duke, was published in May 2014.

Gayle’s novels have won the Holt Medallion, the Laurel Wreath Award, the Booksellers’ Best Award, and finaled in the National Readers Choice Awards. She was a nominee for RT Book Reviews Magazine’s Reviewers’ Choice Award. Her books have be...more
More about Gayle Callen...
The Lord Next Door (Willow Pond, #1) The Viscount in Her Bedroom (Willow Pond, #3) Never Dare a Duke (Sons of Scandal, #2) Never Trust a Scoundrel (Sons of Scandal, #1) The Duke in Disguise (Willow Pond, #2)