Start by marking “Sullivan's Secret” as Want to Read:

3.76  ·  Rating Details  ·  66 Ratings  ·  17 Reviews
Dr. Marie Bartek’s life has been uneventful as the local veterinarian on Sullivan’s Island, SC, until her ability to see spirits returns after eighteen years. After confiding in her best friend and realizing their interests in the paranormal, they organize a paranormal investigation team called Sullivan’s Island Paranormal Society, SIPS. Marie learns to channel her ability ...more
Published May 1st 2011 by Createspace (first published April 14th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Sullivan's Secret, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sullivan's Secret

Investigating the Paranormal by Amanda SpringerDarkhouse by Karina HalleAnna Dressed in Blood by Kendare BlakeGrave Witch by Kalayna PriceThe Benson by Karina Halle
Best Ghost Hunter / Ghost Hunting novels
50th out of 71 books — 39 voters
Sullivan's Secret by Robin  MurphySecret of the Big Easy by Robin  Murphy
1st out of 2 books — 1 voter

More lists with this book...

Caroline Paxton
Okay, I had a really hard time rating this book. For one thing, it's not young adult, which was super different for me. In addition to that, this book wasn't even the same genre I usually read. And this is going to be kind of strange review, because I had some mixed feelings.

It took me a long time to read this book. Like, three and a half weeks. Which is weird, because it was a short book and I'm a fast reader. The reason I put it down the first time was because I wasn't enjoying it. I didn't re
Kitten Kisser
*I received a copy of this book from the author in exchange for an honest review*

Because of the sentence above I feel very bad that I am leaving a less than positive review, but anything less would be phoney so here goes...

The premise of the story works for me. Successful smart relatively normal woman (despite being able to communicate with the dead) who runs her own veterinary. When the dead start to communicate with her at a rather alarming rate, she decides to form a Ghost Hunting group (SIPS
Danielle Fulton
I have to say I did really like the story it was quite interesting and brought you into the paranormal aspects pretty well. The overall story was enjoyable.
I did find though that the characters were a not as developed as they could have been, which made them a little dull. Also for a book already published there are a lot of errors that could have been picked up by having a few people proofread and I found it a little distracting to the story.
I will read the next book and see how it goes as I am
✫Jeri✫  Just Blog It Reviews
Sullivan's Secret
(Marie Bartek and the SIPS Team Book 1)
by Robin Murphy

*I received an ARC of this book from the author in exchange for my honest review*

I thought the basis of the story was really interesting. That's what caught my eye at first. I'm all about a good ghost story, throw in some love and suspense and...winner winner. Aside from the plot idea, I just couldn't get excited about the book. The characters and experiences had no depth to me. It all felt flat and monotonous. I needed more
Angelica Berglund
Jan 19, 2016 Angelica Berglund rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I got this book as an ARC for an honest review and here is my review.

This story is very good it is a very interesting way to write a criminal novel. I liked the mix between paranormal, the police work, friendship and love. It is all very nicely balanced and gives the book a great depth and the story just flows and catches you and drags you in it.

This is the first novel in the series and I cant wait to read the others and to get the know the characters bette and to get involved with them again. T
Des
Dec 30, 2011 Des rated it it was amazing
Cryssy Matz
Dec 22, 2015 Cryssy Matz rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is the first book in a series by Robin Murphy. Marie Bartek is a vet on Sullivan’s Island, SC who has been a phychic all her life. As a teen, she stops seeing spirits after a traumatic experience she had with a friend. Now, 18 years later, she starts seeing spirits again and doesn’t know what to do. She confides in a friend who is also interested in the paranormal and they decide to form the Sullivan’s Island Paranormal Society (SIPS).
The spirits who are coming to Marie are warning her of
Michelle Perry
I love how the opening of this book puts you right into Marie’s world. There is a bit of back story to catch up on, but it flows really well within the story. Right away you are introduced to the SIPS team and find out about Marie’s Psychic gifts. Each of the SIPS characters is colorful, an infectious eclectic mix of personalities and strengths. You quickly become attached to them. Though a paranormal thriller, I think it is heavy on the paranormal and light on the thriller. The mystery has a st ...more
Rebecca Austin
Jan 09, 2016 Rebecca Austin rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: reviews
Marie Bartek is a veterinarian who can encounter spirits. She hasn't seen in any in years when they all of a sudden start visiting her again. With the help of her best friend, Gale Winters, they form SIPS - Sullivan's Island Paranormal Society with other people with abilities.

Although people in town have doubts, including Marie's love interest Police Chief Cory Miller, they are getting clues and finding out things that haven't even happened yet. And soon it begins to get personal for Marie and
United Indie Book Blog
The spirits who are coming to Marie are warning her of m
Ashley Fae
Jan 21, 2016 Ashley Fae rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves:
By Robin Murphy

Sullivan’s Island is an idyllic seaside community with beautiful beaches and historical landmarks that make it a great place to travel but an even greater place to call home. That’s where Dr. Marie Bartek has settled, becoming the community’s veterinarian. However, there is more to the doc than most know. She has gifts that emerged as a child to where she can see spirits; gifts that have been absent for many years but have returned recently for reasons unknown.

One
Carol
May 11, 2011 Carol rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I'm not a big fan of paranormal mysteries but this book did capture my attention. I actually read it straight through! Robin Murphy is a new author and this is her first release--great job! I can't wait for the next!
Lynn H. Gwyn
Nov 16, 2014 Lynn H. Gwyn rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
VERY GOOD

I didn't want to put this book down once I got started. I enjoyed it and will look for the next one.
Michelle
Nov 26, 2014 Michelle rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I was asked to review this book and give my honest opinion THREE MONTHS AGO! This is no fault to the author as I really liked this novel and anticipate the next installment to the series. I usually have a great deal of time on my hands to enjoy actual reading. However, life changes and charity volunteering, watching my grandkids and my numerous physical therapy sessions got in the way of being still long enough to actually read anything.

I gave this book five stars because of the work to investi
Robin Murphy
Apr 02, 2015 Robin Murphy rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Midwest Book Review - "Communing with the spirits may leave you with some very unwanted responsibility. "Sullivan's Secret" follows Marie Bartek as she rediscovers her talents to communicate with spirits. Working with friends in a paranormal society, she finds that her skill leaves her with the responsibility to stop murders from sweeping her town and she has to put out her own neck to stop the hysteria. "Sullivan's Secret" is a fascinating read that will be hard to put down."
Linda Blakely
Sep 15, 2015 Linda Blakely rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Very good read

A story about how Sulivan's Island paranormal activity is really discovered. This was very a very interesting tale of how friends commit to doing things together.
Linda Cole
Flat

This story was too much like others I have read. The main idea behind the plot was good but the characters were too perfect for me
Deborah
Deborah rated it liked it
May 30, 2016
Doris J.
Doris J. is currently reading it
May 28, 2016
Valerie Al-Naemy
Valerie Al-Naemy rated it it was ok
May 23, 2016
Ronda
Ronda marked it as to-read
May 20, 2016
Carolyn Evans
Carolyn Evans marked it as to-read
May 18, 2016
Linda Carlson
Linda Carlson rated it really liked it
May 17, 2016
Tara Blake
Tara Blake marked it as to-read
May 12, 2016
Jayme Smith
Jayme Smith marked it as to-read
May 11, 2016
Nmb
Nmb marked it as to-read
May 04, 2016
Glenda Arredondo
Glenda Arredondo is currently reading it
Apr 30, 2016
Tara
Tara marked it as to-read
Apr 24, 2016
Mary
Mary marked it as to-read
Apr 17, 2016
barbara caddell
barbara caddell rated it really liked it
Mar 22, 2016
Taking A Survey 1 2 Jan 10, 2014 06:23AM
Midwest Book Review on Sullivan's Secret 1 4 Jul 06, 2011 04:19PM
The Author's Show 2 3 Jun 01, 2011 06:21AM
  • Shadows of Penumbra (Apocalypse Exalted, #1)
  • Sherlock Holmes and The Element of Surprise: The Wormwood Scrubs Enigma
  • Strangeworld (One: The Mortifera)
  • The Book of Paul
  • Quests of Shadowind: Sky Shifter (Young Adult Series - Book 1)
  • The Fire of Thieves
  • Green Blood is for France
  • Alien Hunters: Discovery
  • Watch the Face of the Sky
  • Mysery
  • It's a Wonderful Undead Life
  • Night Bells (Tales from Niflheim: #1)
  • Lady of The Shadows
  • Innermost Thoughts of Leah Varner
  • Seance in Sepia
  • Witch-Born
  • The Spirits of Wintermist : Book One of the Circle of Union
  • Johnny Graphic and the Etheric Bomb
Robin Murphy was born in the small coal mining town of Windber, Pennsylvania and remembers a wonderful childhood with her parents and two older brothers.

She has worked in the administrative field over the last thirty years and has gained a wealth of knowledge and experience. She is currently employed as an Administrative Associate at Shepherd University in Shepherdstown, West Virginia.

Robin has
More about Robin Murphy...

“There is no greater feeling than to have found my passion in writing.” 1 likes