Start by marking “Wasted (Elemental Assassin #2.7)” as Want to Read:
Wasted (Elemental Assassin #2.7)

Wasted (Elemental Assassin #2.7)

3.91 of 5 stars 3.91  ·  rating details  ·  1,078 ratings  ·  55 reviews
This short story takes place in between the events of Web of Lies and Venom. One day, a beautiful woman walks into the bank where Finn works, and trouble soon follows. ...more
Online Fiction, 1st Edition, 12 pages
Published 2011 by Jennifer Estep

To ask other readers questions about Wasted, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Wasted

Donavan by D.K. CassidyIt Lives in The Basement by Sahara FoleySasha's Story by Andromeda BlissSilver Shark by Ilona AndrewsSilent Blade by Ilona Andrews
Fantasy/UF/PNR/Sci Fi Shorts
54th out of 148 books — 112 voters
Halfway to the Grave by Jeaniene FrostDarkfever by Karen Marie MoningBlood Slave by Travis LuedkeOne Foot in the Grave by Jeaniene FrostAt Grave's End by Jeaniene Frost
Best adult paranormal romances of all time
171st out of 189 books — 153 voters

More lists with this book...

Mlpmom (Book Reviewer)
Nice change of pace to be inside the wicked mind of Finn. Is there anything that man doesn't have his hand in?

It was really nice getting to see him play the hero in a more active role for a change as well instead of just Gin always getting to be the one that gets to kick butts and take names.
Veronika
I LOVED this! Finn is so charming and amazing, it's impossible not to love him! I could read about this guy forever and I enjoyed reading his POV!
Raquel
This is told in Finn's point of view. Nice for a change of pace. I like to see what Finn can do even though he isn't an assassin he still has had to pick up things from his father, and here is the story that proves that.
Christine
Nov 18, 2012 Christine rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Fans of the Elemental Assassin series by Jennifer Estep
This very short story can be found at the author's website. It's an Elemental Assassin series story that takes place between the events of Web of Lies [Book 2] and Venom [Book 3]. Wasted is told from the point of view of Finnegan Lane, Gin Blanco's foster brother. A beautiful female vampire suspiciously tarts frequenting the bank in which Finn works. Trouble follows, but nothing Finn can't handle. The story was rather flat, but it does reveal a little tidbit about Xavier, the part time cop and p ...more
Kathy Davie
This short story is 2.7 in the Elemental Assassin urban fantasy series and focuses on Finn.

You can read this short story for free on Estep's website.

My Take
This story is from Finn's perspective and we finally get a peek in at where he works. For money. Um, wait, where he works for legitimate money. No, wait, I mean where he has a legitimate job and gets a paycheck. Yeah, yeah, that's what I meant.

Fun little tie-in with Estep's Bigtime series.

It's also another perspective on Finn as Estep reveal
Kelly
Oh, Finn! I think one of the things I like most about him is that he's so unrepentantly FINN. He loves women and when they don't respond to his flirting, he knows that something's up. He might not be a Gin-quality assassin but he can definitely hold his own when the violence starts.

-Kelly @ Reading the Paranormal

Wasted is a free read on the author's website.
Karla
Finnegan Lane, anytime, anywhere, I'm there. Finn gets his own short that shows us that he's not just a pretty face in stylish clothes,he has some awesome skills of his own. I love that Jennifer Estep offers these shorts free to her fans. A way to keep the series fresh in our minds.
Ronda
Oh boy - I wasn't expecting this one to be about Finn, our sweet, smooth talking banker, foster brother to Gin... but the real grabbing bit to this short story is "what the hell is the problem"???????????

Give me the next book NOW!
Sharon ✽ is an emotional book junkie ✽
**3.5 stars**

A short story from Finn's POV at his bank. Typical Finn too...but it was funny hearing him talk about himself. I did like his desk with all the nooks and crannies!
Stacy
This is a cute Finn story, but once again Estep falls victim to her total lack of architectural math skills. "The vault was located on the bottom floor of the bank, several thousand feet underground." So, their bank has a half-mile deep basement? In the Appalachian Mountains? I had no idea Finn worked at Gringott's!! It's free, so I'm not really complaining, but this is definitely my biggest pet peeve with this series (and its editors).
Marsha
Jun 09, 2011 Marsha rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Adults ( Paranormal Mystery Lovers)
I just love the writing of Jennifer Estep. She always creates an interesting and satisfying story even if it is a novella like 'Wasted." Finnegan Lane is one of my favorite characters from the Elemental Assassin Series. Finn loves women like most of us love chocolate. He savors everyone of them he meets. Although he does not date anyone exclusively, he is a gentleman and endearing. "Wasted" is a short story about an adventure at the investment bank where he works. When an incredibly beautiful va ...more
Molly Smith
Loved this additional snippet from Finn's point of view. In this we have the moment when Rosalyn's troubles are shared with Finn. But what I enjoy is it truly showcases Finn's intelligence and to a certain degree his own curiosity that he must have inherited from Fletcher. I like how he knows a secrete that Gin tries to protect him from and he allows her that belief. It was sweet and yet fascinating. Plus, we truly see what a shot Finn is. Great snippet.
Jacy
A short story, told from Finn's prospective, about when Xavier come to the bank to ask Finn for Gin's help. While Xavier's in his office a situation accurs, that requires Finn to ask for a little help from him. A couple of fists to the face of a few bad guys and a beautiful vampire, Finn sucessfully saves the day.
Theresa
Short story from Finn's POV. Can be read for free on the author's website.

A beautiful lady walks into Finn's bank rejecting him in favor of the manager, Andrew. She develops a relationship with Andrew to the point that she can come and go to his office as she freely.

I love Finn's office it's amost a studio apartment. He's so cavalier and confident throught the whole incident. But in the end it's the 'waste of a beautiful woman'.
Anna Marie
I think Estep likes Finn better than Gin. The eBooks she writes from his point of view are far more fun, have more character and *life*.

In this one, Finn and Xavier stop a bank robbery. It's cute. Well... kinda icky, but cute.
melissa
Neat little story from Finn's perspective about an attempted heist at his bank. There's also a set up for some drama going down at Northern Aggression.
Kj
I really like these novellas that are set in between each book. Its nice to get a story from a different characters point of view.
Perfection *Sherlock's Girl*
I really love Finn. We finally get to see him in action. Maybe he'll get a spin off series of his own hmm?? :D
Emma Clement
This short story was cute, and I really liked Finn's POV and the unique crime that occurred.
Paris
I do enjoy getting to see things through Finn's eyes.
Chapter 35
a short story about Finn & robbery at his bank. also tells of Xavier coming to him for help for Rosylin. seems the vamp 'talked' about Finn & Ginns expertise yet again! ginn would not approve! even if she would ultimately help them....
Natalie
A nice little short fitting between books 2 and 3 in the Elemental Assassin series. This one is from Finn's POV and includes Xavier. It's available as a free read on Jennifer Estep's website.
Trea
This was a very short story set in the Gin Blanco universe and told from Finnegan Lane's point of view. The purpose of the story was to showcase how similar Finn really is to Gin, and set up events for Venom. I liked the insight into Finn's character, and seeing how one of the changes affected him. I'm interested in seeing where things go from here!
Shelley aka Gizmo's Reviews
This is a short story that follows the exploits of Finnegan Lane, Gin's foster brother and Investment banker who knows no boundries when it comes to women, and his attraction to them. This time around Finn has met his match, but it's probably a good thing once he figures out what she really is up to. Clarissa Devaneis is a vampire and as well as a bank robber who Finn figures out what she is up to almost immediately. Not a bad story at all.

Mica
Short Story
Alicia
Jul 14, 2012 Alicia rated it 5 of 5 stars
Shelves: 2012
I loved this little look into Finn’s life. He tries to play good little banker (sort of) but when it comes right down to it, he thinks like his father did. We rarely get to see this much of Finn in the actual books, so this was a really fun treat. It was nice to see him on his own, and see how he handled himself, without getting saved by Gin.
Page
Yes - I really liked this one. i love these little tasty morsels... a little bit of background and a lot of fun. I love Jennifer Estep's writing. I used to groan with the constant repetition but it's been toned down enough to help me see it's just her mark.

Nice story of Finn. Nice setup.
Petra Sýkorová
Asi si udělám nějaká trička s nápisem TEAM FINN :D Tahle ukázka mě asi bavila ze všechn nejvíc, zatím. I když byla tak trošku přitažená za vlasy, ale to nevadí. Finn má prostě svůj styl :D Tak trochu doufám, že brzy najde nějakou ženskou, která ho dostane. To pak bude sranda.
Angie (Mind Malfunction)
Wasted is a short story in the Elemental Assassin Series by Jennifer Estep. These short stories are not deleted scenes but complete stories that stay true to the characters and series. If you're a fan of Elemental Assassin than you'll love love love the short stories.
  • Finding Magic (Downside Ghosts, #0.5)
  • Shadowland (Cassandra Palmer, #4.2)
  • The Mammoth Book of Ghost Romance
  • Curran; Magic Strikes Hot Tub Scene (Curran POV, #4)
  • Cat Tales (Jane Yellowrock, #3.5)
  • In Sea-Salt Tears (October Daye, #5.1)
  • An Ill-Advised Rescue Part 2 (Kate Daniels, #5.9)
  • Nice Girls Don’t Sign a Lease Without a Wedding Ring (Jane Jameson, #3.5)
  • Entangled
  • Violet Tendencies (Sabina Kane, #2.5)
  • The Golem Hunt (Jaz Parks, #3.5)
Jennifer Estep is a New York Times and USA Today bestselling author, prowling the streets of her imagination in search of her next fantasy idea.

Jennifer writes the Elemental Assassin adult urban fantasy series for Pocket. Books in the series are SPIDER'S BITE, WEB OF LIES, VENOM, TANGLED THREADS, SPIDER'S REVENGE, BY A THREAD, and WIDOW'S WEB. THREAD OF DEATH, an e-novella, is also available.

HAIN
More about Jennifer Estep...

Elemental Assassin (1 - 10 of 14 books)
  • Spider's Bite (Elemental Assassin, #1)
  • Web of Lies (Elemental Assassin, #2)
  • Venom (Elemental Assassin, #3)
  • Tangled Threads (Elemental Assassin, #4)
  • Spider’s Revenge (Elemental Assassin, #5)
  • By a Thread (Elemental Assassin, #6)
  • Widow’s Web (Elemental Assassin, #7)
  • Deadly Sting (Elemental Assassin, #8)
  • Heart of Venom (Elemental Assassin, #9)
  • The Spider (Elemental Assassin, #10)
Spider's Bite (Elemental Assassin, #1) Touch of Frost (Mythos Academy, #1) Venom (Elemental Assassin, #3) Kiss of Frost (Mythos Academy, #2) Web of Lies (Elemental Assassin, #2)

“You bruised my ego, you see, and there’s just not enough money in the world to soothe my ego when it gets bruised” 15 likes