Start by marking “Wasted (Elemental Assassin, #2.7)” as Want to Read:
Wasted (Elemental Assassin, #2.7)

Wasted (Elemental Assassin #2.7)

3.92  ·  Rating Details ·  1,308 Ratings  ·  66 Reviews
This short story takes place in between the events of Web of Lies and Venom. One day, a beautiful woman walks into the bank where Finn works, and trouble soon follows. ...more
Online Fiction, 1st Edition, 12 pages
Published 2011 by Jennifer Estep

To ask other readers questions about Wasted, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Wasted

Donavan by D.K. CassidyIt Lives in The Basement by Sahara FoleySasha's Story by Andromeda BlissSilver Shark by Ilona AndrewsSilent Blade by Ilona Andrews
Fantasy/UF/PNR/Sci Fi Shorts
58th out of 154 books — 125 voters
Halfway to the Grave by Jeaniene FrostDarkfever by Karen Marie MoningAfterlife by Stephanie HudsonBlood Slave by Travis LuedkeOne Foot in the Grave by Jeaniene Frost
Best adult paranormal romances of all time
188th out of 201 books — 175 voters

More lists with this book...

Jessica ❁ ➳ Silverbow ➳ ❁ Rabid Reads
As much fun as it is to be inside Finnegan Lane's head, this one was a bit OTT for me.

Finn was just a little too much himself, and that was before it ended with him calling Sophia to clean up his mess . . .

His mess was the several dead bank robbers he killed at the bank in the middle of the robbery, the last two in the presence of his bank manager--how's Sophia gonna make that go away?

But regardless of my inability to suspend disbelief, it was also a good introduction to what comes next.

PLUS
Steven
I do love me some Finn. I'd let him charm me, but alas, I don't think I'm his type. Though I certainly wouldn't mind helping him explore new avenues. :P
Mlpmom (Book Reviewer)
Nice change of pace to be inside the wicked mind of Finn. Is there anything that man doesn't have his hand in?

It was really nice getting to see him play the hero in a more active role for a change as well instead of just Gin always getting to be the one that gets to kick butts and take names.
Veronika
Oct 20, 2014 Veronika rated it really liked it
Shelves: urban-fantasy
I LOVED this! Finn is so charming and amazing, it's impossible not to love him! I could read about this guy forever and I enjoyed reading his POV!
Joanita
Jun 08, 2016 Joanita rated it it was amazing
I was Finnegan Lane, after all. Charming, handsome, rich. A hard combination for any woman to resist.

This novella was SO MUCH fun!! Seeing things from Finn's POV, through his wicked mind was fabulous :-D And I loved seeing him in action without Gin at his side. You can definitely see that he’s the son of an assassin.

Raquel (Rocki)
Mar 28, 2015 Raquel (Rocki) rated it really liked it
This is told in Finn's point of view. Nice for a change of pace. I like to see what Finn can do even though he isn't an assassin he still has had to pick up things from his father, and here is the story that proves that.
Karla
Nov 20, 2011 Karla rated it it was amazing
Finnegan Lane, anytime, anywhere, I'm there. Finn gets his own short that shows us that he's not just a pretty face in stylish clothes,he has some awesome skills of his own. I love that Jennifer Estep offers these shorts free to her fans. A way to keep the series fresh in our minds.
Ronda
Oct 22, 2012 Ronda rated it it was amazing
Oh boy - I wasn't expecting this one to be about Finn, our sweet, smooth talking banker, foster brother to Gin... but the real grabbing bit to this short story is "what the hell is the problem"???????????

Give me the next book NOW!
Marsha
Jun 09, 2011 Marsha rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Adults ( Paranormal Mystery Lovers)
I just love the writing of Jennifer Estep. She always creates an interesting and satisfying story even if it is a novella like 'Wasted." Finnegan Lane is one of my favorite characters from the Elemental Assassin Series. Finn loves women like most of us love chocolate. He savors everyone of them he meets. Although he does not date anyone exclusively, he is a gentleman and endearing. "Wasted" is a short story about an adventure at the investment bank where he works. When an incredibly beautiful va ...more
Christine
Nov 18, 2012 Christine rated it liked it
Recommends it for: Fans of the Elemental Assassin series by Jennifer Estep
This very short story can be found at the author's website. It's an Elemental Assassin series story that takes place between the events of Web of Lies [Book 2] and Venom [Book 3]. Wasted is told from the point of view of Finnegan Lane, Gin Blanco's foster brother. A beautiful female vampire suspiciously tarts frequenting the bank in which Finn works. Trouble follows, but nothing Finn can't handle. The story was rather flat, but it does reveal a little tidbit about Xavier, the part time cop and p ...more
Cyndi
Jul 20, 2016 Cyndi rated it it was amazing
love stories with Finn
Kathy Davie
Jul 16, 2014 Kathy Davie rated it really liked it
Shelves: urban-fantasy
This short story is 2.7 in the Elemental Assassin urban fantasy series and focuses on Finn.

You can read this short story for free on Estep's website.

My Take
This story is from Finn's perspective and we finally get a peek in at where he works. For money. Um, wait, where he works for legitimate money. No, wait, I mean where he has a legitimate job and gets a paycheck. Yeah, yeah, that's what I meant.

Fun little tie-in with Estep's Bigtime series.

It's also another perspective on Finn as Estep reveal
Kelly
Jun 03, 2013 Kelly rated it really liked it
Oh, Finn! I think one of the things I like most about him is that he's so unrepentantly FINN. He loves women and when they don't respond to his flirting, he knows that something's up. He might not be a Gin-quality assassin but he can definitely hold his own when the violence starts.

-Kelly @ Reading the Paranormal

Wasted is a free read on the author's website.
Alicia
Jul 14, 2012 Alicia rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2012
I loved this little look into Finn’s life. He tries to play good little banker (sort of) but when it comes right down to it, he thinks like his father did. We rarely get to see this much of Finn in the actual books, so this was a really fun treat. It was nice to see him on his own, and see how he handled himself, without getting saved by Gin.
Page
Aug 29, 2012 Page rated it it was amazing
Yes - I really liked this one. i love these little tasty morsels... a little bit of background and a lot of fun. I love Jennifer Estep's writing. I used to groan with the constant repetition but it's been toned down enough to help me see it's just her mark.

Nice story of Finn. Nice setup.
Gina Mora
Jun 04, 2011 Gina Mora rated it it was amazing
Shelves: books-2011
This story was really well done for a short story. It showed you the capabilities of Finn and it showed how Finn got Gin to take care of Slater. I also liked seeing Finn's office-just like him-a bit over-the-top!
Sharon ∞❥ is an angst book junkie ❥∞
**3.5 stars**

A short story from Finn's POV at his bank. Typical Finn too...but it was funny hearing him talk about himself. I did like his desk with all the nooks and crannies!
Perfection *Sherlock's Girl*
Nov 29, 2014 Perfection *Sherlock's Girl* rated it it was amazing
I really love Finn. We finally get to see him in action. Maybe he'll get a spin off series of his own hmm?? :D
Carol
Mar 11, 2016 Carol rated it really liked it
I love Finn so much! I also love his relationship with Gin!!
Amy Blackburn
Apr 18, 2015 Amy Blackburn rated it it was amazing
good book :)
Stacy
Nov 30, 2014 Stacy rated it liked it
This is a cute Finn story, but once again Estep falls victim to her total lack of architectural math skills. "The vault was located on the bottom floor of the bank, several thousand feet underground." So, their bank has a half-mile deep basement? In the Appalachian Mountains? I had no idea Finn worked at Gringott's!! It's free, so I'm not really complaining, but this is definitely my biggest pet peeve with this series (and its editors).
Molly Smith
Sep 29, 2014 Molly Smith rated it really liked it
Loved this additional snippet from Finn's point of view. In this we have the moment when Rosalyn's troubles are shared with Finn. But what I enjoy is it truly showcases Finn's intelligence and to a certain degree his own curiosity that he must have inherited from Fletcher. I like how he knows a secrete that Gin tries to protect him from and he allows her that belief. It was sweet and yet fascinating. Plus, we truly see what a shot Finn is. Great snippet.
Jacy
Jun 26, 2014 Jacy rated it really liked it
A short story, told from Finn's prospective, about when Xavier come to the bank to ask Finn for Gin's help. While Xavier's in his office a situation accurs, that requires Finn to ask for a little help from him. A couple of fists to the face of a few bad guys and a beautiful vampire, Finn sucessfully saves the day.
Theresa
May 16, 2014 Theresa rated it liked it
Short story from Finn's POV. Can be read for free on the author's website.

A beautiful lady walks into Finn's bank rejecting him in favor of the manager, Andrew. She develops a relationship with Andrew to the point that she can come and go to his office as she freely.

I love Finn's office it's amost a studio apartment. He's so cavalier and confident throught the whole incident. But in the end it's the 'waste of a beautiful woman'.
Mel
Sep 10, 2015 Mel rated it liked it
Told from Fin's POV, this short storey shows a little more of what he can do. Being a short store i wasn't expecting much, however showing that Fin isn't just a pretty face and seeing inside his mind makes him a better character in the series.
Anna Marie
Jan 23, 2015 Anna Marie rated it really liked it
I think Estep likes Finn better than Gin. The eBooks she writes from his point of view are far more fun, have more character and *life*.

In this one, Finn and Xavier stop a bank robbery. It's cute. Well... kinda icky, but cute.
melissa
Apr 10, 2014 melissa rated it really liked it
Neat little story from Finn's perspective about an attempted heist at his bank. There's also a set up for some drama going down at Northern Aggression.
Kj
Jul 14, 2014 Kj rated it liked it
I really like these novellas that are set in between each book. Its nice to get a story from a different characters point of view.
Sara
Feb 27, 2016 Sara rated it liked it
Finn finally getting more involved in the ass kicking!!
Paris
Dec 28, 2014 Paris rated it liked it
I do enjoy getting to see things through Finn's eyes.
  • The House at Cobb End (Cassandra Palmer, #5.1)
  • Finding Magic (Downside Ghosts, #0.5)
  • The Mammoth Book of Ghost Romance
  • Snake in the Glass (Incryptid, #3.3)
  • Cat Tales (Jane Yellowrock, #3.5)
  • Curran; Magic Strikes Hot Tub Scene (Curran POV, #4)
  • Grace of Small Magics
  • Violet Tendencies (Sabina Kane, #2.5)
  • Entangled
  • The Golem Hunt (Jaz Parks, #3.5)
Jennifer Estep is a New York Times, USA Today, and international bestselling author, prowling the streets of her imagination in search of her next fantasy idea.

ELEMENTAL ASSASSIN SERIES
Jennifer writes the Elemental Assassin urban fantasy series.

The books focus on Gin Blanco, an assassin codenamed the Spider who can control the elements of Ice and Stone. When she’s not busy killing people and righ
More about Jennifer Estep...

Elemental Assassin (1 - 10 of 16 books)
  • Spider's Bite (Elemental Assassin, #1)
  • Web of Lies (Elemental Assassin, #2)
  • Venom (Elemental Assassin, #3)
  • Tangled Threads (Elemental Assassin, #4)
  • Spider’s Revenge (Elemental Assassin, #5)
  • By a Thread (Elemental Assassin, #6)
  • Widow’s Web (Elemental Assassin, #7)
  • Deadly Sting (Elemental Assassin, #8)
  • Heart of Venom (Elemental Assassin, #9)
  • The Spider (Elemental Assassin, #10)

“You bruised my ego, you see, and there’s just not enough money in the world to soothe my ego when it gets bruised” 15 likes