Start by marking “The Brilliant Book Of Doctor Who 2012” as Want to Read:
The Brilliant Book Of Doctor Who 2012

The Brilliant Book Of Doctor Who 2012

4.34  ·  Rating Details  ·  258 Ratings  ·  24 Reviews
The indispensable official guide to Series 6 of Doctor Who!
Published October 13th 2011 by BBC Books

To ask other readers questions about The Brilliant Book Of Doctor Who 2012, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Brilliant Book Of Doctor Who 2012

Nicholas Whyte
May 05, 2012 Nicholas Whyte rated it really liked it

This really is a must-have book for fans of New Who. It has shaken off some of the extra material of last year's equivalent, and settled down to being a damn good guide to the 2011 series (and 2010 Christmas episode), including interviews with the key crew and cast, very short pieces of fanfic for each episode by established authors (James Goss, as usual, scores with the adventures of madame Vastra) and some nice reflections on how some of the episodes fit
Mel
The Brilliant book of Doctor Who is really just a Doctor Who annual for grown ups. Last years was annual sized and I thought it was amusing that this years was smaller. I mean they're really not fooling anyone so why pretend? It was a great review of this season. Episode by episode with behind the scenes, lots of additional flavour text (Vestra's was BRILLIANT! She totally needs her own Spin-off the poster referenced Jago and Litefoot AND Blake's 7!!!!) It was also nice to see the inclusion of f ...more
Mark
Jan 18, 2012 Mark rated it really liked it
Shelves: doctor-who, gifts, 2012
This is a must have for any die-hard Doctor Who fan and is a brilliant companion to the 2011 series. That was my only niggle really - it's called the Brilliant Book 2012 but actually covers the episodes from the 2010 Christmas special through to the entire 2 part 2011 series. So really it should be called The Brilliant Book 2011 (as that's the series it covers).
Every episode in the 2011 series was covered in considerable detail and I loved reading the "interesting facts" about each episode and
Corrina
Aug 28, 2013 Corrina rated it liked it
Read my full review at wadingthroughbooks.wordpress.com!

I like to collect guides to my favourite shows–sometimes they’ve got some fascinating extras and details about episodes, as well as interviews with the people behind the magic. The Brilliant Book 2012 is a good example of a guide, containing both the factual behind-the-scenes information and the whimsical extras such as the rewritten version of Humpty Dumpty where the Doctor reveals that Humpty is actually Strax the Sontaran, or the Teselec
Oceana2602
Jul 14, 2014 Oceana2602 rated it really liked it
Shelves: english, 2014, fannishness
Brilliant!

Ok. Not really, but still, BRILLIANT. It's called BRILLIANT book. Who Dr. Who is that?

I love it.

As for the book itself, well, there are some apparently exclusive interviews with the cast, and there's tons of information which might be relevant for real Whovians (which I am certainly not), and there are lots of pretty pics. And all that at a really good price, too!

Which makes it just brilliant if you are stuck obsessing about Doctor Who and Matt Smith and have trouble imagining live wit
Callie Rose Tyler
Aug 24, 2013 Callie Rose Tyler rated it it was amazing
Shelves: doctor-who
Really great read. This book takes season 6 and gives a breakdown episode by episode of trivia and a look at behind the scenes and deleted material. Really enjoyed all the references to past seasons especially trivia and references regarding the classic series. There is also an interview with the writer of each episode. Also, scattered throughout the books are interviews with the lead actor culminating in a fantastic interview with Moffat.

Lots of great pictures and a wonderful way to relive sea
Seth Mottram
Jan 31, 2015 Seth Mottram rated it it was amazing
Ddddddoooocccctttttooorrr wwwhhhooo
Fred Hughes
Dec 19, 2011 Fred Hughes rated it it was amazing
For anyone who is a fan of The Doctor you will want this guide. Each of the episodes in the 6th season is detailed and key moments are highlighted as well as scenes that were deleted. In one of the episode decriptions the writer goes through the 11 different iterations until the final is made.

I also recommend getting the Blu Ray 6 pack for Season 6 to add to your collection

We don't get the 7th season until November 2012 so it's reruns reruns until then
Katie
Jan 28, 2012 Katie rated it it was amazing
Shelves: books-i-own
Brilliant obviously. I loved the interviews and the fun facts about each episode. And each full page episode art was beautiful! I wish I had a scanner so I could put them on my computer as my wallpapers... Anyway, a must read for any Whovian, just like last year's. Oh, and I loved the Doctor's contributions. I mean, they weren't actually him, because he's dead. *sniff* =) I forgot. It must have been some other 1100 year old Time Lord...
Li
Jan 24, 2014 Li rated it really liked it
A must read for any Doctor Who fan!

This book gives us additional insight into each episode of Series 6, cast interviews, and fun extras like The Doctor's department store job application (Closing Time).

We also get a lot of behind the scenes information via interviews with production and writing staff, including the Moff himself.

I loved reading this book. It warmed my little fangirl heart. Pure fun!
Karine Mon coin lecture
Original review - in French - on my blog: http://moncoinlecture.over-blog.com/a...

I just love that kind of guide book. Let's also say that I'm a huge - and not really objective - fan. Full of details - and pictures - from each episode, it brings attention to some details and made me want to watch this season all over again!
Angela
Jan 05, 2012 Angela rated it it was amazing
This is starting to be the highlight of Doctor Who books every year. This time its a progrsmme guide with deleted scenes, extra info about the episodes including bits written by Neil Gaimen. You even get a free audiobook. A fascinating read, even the most die hard fan will learn something new from it.
Amanda Osborne
Jan 14, 2014 Amanda Osborne rated it really liked it
Shelves: doctor-who
Very fun book, lots of colorful photographs, a detailed entry on every episode of season six.
Michael Kelly
May 23, 2013 Michael Kelly rated it really liked it
A great read, covering every story from Season 6 (the 2011 season), with interviews with cast and crew, production details, and some frequently very amusing background information fleshing out the characters and the situations they found themselves in.
Erin
Jan 07, 2012 Erin rated it it was amazing
Brilliant! Simply brilliant! In all seriousness, this is a great book for the fan of the show, it contains a overview of each episode in season 6 plus bonus content (such as interviews, and how-they-made-it's).
Stargirl
Dec 08, 2013 Stargirl rated it really liked it
The Brilliant Books are just that: brillant!
It's fun, full of cool materials, interviews and stories.
Little made up documents as Amy & Rory's letters to the Doctor to Churchill's diaries. Yep, brilliant indeed.
Cherie
Jan 14, 2013 Cherie rated it really liked it
Can you tell I'm getting ready for my Fan Group?
Great book, good mix of info and pictures. Each episode is very well summarized with LOADS of extra material.
Lara
Sep 28, 2013 Lara rated it it was amazing
This was really great, since it had extra information written by Neil Gaiman for the 'Doctor's Wife' but that didn't get into that episode :D
Ruth
Dec 08, 2011 Ruth rated it it was amazing
A fascinating book, describing the episodes, Filled with fun facts and interviews with most of the cast and writers. A must for all who fans.
Barry Bridges
Feb 23, 2012 Barry Bridges rated it it was amazing
Shelves: doctor-who
The Brilliant Book of Doctor Who 2012 was literally, erm, how do I put it.....oh yes - brilliant!
Rebekah
Jun 12, 2012 Rebekah rated it it was amazing
I only finally bothered to buy this last week (2.50, yus) and yes, this is brilliant. ...more
Cweb
Anne
Dec 08, 2013 Anne rated it really liked it
8,5/10
Suzana
Suzana marked it as to-read
Jun 13, 2016
David Hilleland
David Hilleland rated it really liked it
Jun 11, 2016
Sabrina Reiger
Sabrina Reiger rated it it was amazing
Jun 09, 2016
Ariel
Ariel marked it as to-read
Jun 05, 2016
ben darker
ben darker rated it liked it
Jun 05, 2016
Danny Smith
Danny Smith marked it as to-read
Jun 03, 2016
  • Doctor Who - The Vault: Treasures from the First 50 Years
  • Elisabeth Sladen: The Autobiography
  • Doctor Who: The Coming of the Terraphiles
  • Doctor Who: The Slitheen Excursion
Clayton Hickman has had a wide-ranging impact upon the Doctor Who franchise.

The longest-serving editor of Doctor Who Magazine, he was the dominant editorial voice on the publication for most of the first decade of the 21st century. He was officially credited as assistant editor on issue #296 in 2000 and remained at that post until taking over the full editorial reins from Alan Barnes with issue #3
More about Clayton Hickman...

“But more than that, if you ally yourself with people who are prepared to fight to make a difference, then your life will always be in danger. I don't think it's fair to ever blame the person who makes the stand. Because the Doctor's so old, because he's done this so many times before, he sometimes forgets how dangerous it is. But if he didn't create the danger by opposing evil, if he didn't get these people to help him, then terrible things would happen. Standing up for what's right is always the best thing to do.” 7 likes