A Job for Wittilda

A Job for Wittilda

3.93 of 5 stars 3.93  ·  rating details  ·  153 ratings  ·  31 reviews
Wittilda needs a job! Her forty-seven cats are down to their last dried rat, and she needs to make some money. So Wittilda and her feline friends scour the want ads in the newspaper and find the perfect job&150a delivery person at Joe's Dingaling Pizza. With her trusty broom, Wittilda will be the fastest delivery person in town! And her cats will get to enjoy a delicio...more
Published July 22nd 2004 by Puffin Books (first published January 1st 1993)

Kathryn
I wasn't sure if I'd like this one, because the illustration style isn't really my cup of tea--but they grew on me as the story progressed and they are quite humorous and definitely add to the storytelling! And that story is a cute one--Wittilda's heart melts when she sees a stray cat, and she really can't say "no" to their cute meows, so she ends up with forty-seven of them! But, she needs to find a way to feed all of them since the mice supply has disappeared and the cats don't really enjoy he...more
Rachel Anne
So cute! We read this at my friend's house for Halloween (mostly girls my age with a couple little kids) and one of the little kids kept meowing every time I'd meow.
Elizabeth Kysa Sedivy
A Job for Wittilda is a fun little children’s book about a Witch who had one too many cats that she could not afford. Forty seven cats to be exact! So she sets off to find a job where she can earn some money, food wasn’t just going to appear for all of her furry friends! She looks for jobs in her local newspaper and finds a listing for a hairdresser, but she takes the clients hair in her own hands and changes it to match her preferences, not the clients. This sadly gets her fired from her first...more
Francessca
A job for Wittilda is one of my favorite books. It is about a witch and her 47 cats. And she gets a job delivering pizzas. It's a really funny book with colorful illustrations. I actually still have this book it is a family favorite.
Krissy Yunker
I read this book with my son who is in Kindergarten. He really enjoyed it because it was about a witch and her cats, which he likes a lot! I thought the story was pretty well written, and the illustrations were both pretty to look at, and interesting... The pictures helped to tell the story. There was a recurring hidden spider and mouse in each picture, which is neat, and I have seen it in many children's books recently. Although its fun, and is meant to get the child involved, I think sometimes...more
M.J.
I absolutely love this book. My daughter brought it home from a scholastic book fair. Wittilda has a heart of gold and wants to help everyone including the 47 stray cats that she has taken into her home to live. Running low on rats for their food she has to go find a job. This is such a fun book with super illustrations. There's loads of humour, bright colors, and clever little details to search for, hidden among the hubbub on each page. I promise you Wittilda will make your laugh and win your h...more
Patricia
Wittilda, the witch, needs a job to feed her forty cats. She ends up being a delivery person for a pizza store. This proves to be a perfect job for someone who travels on a broom. This would make a great read-aloud for young children. Also, this would be a great story to read to one or two children that could see the pages up close as you read. On each page they could try to find the spider and mouse that are cleverly hidden.
Tracy
Poor Wittilda - 47 cats to feed, and they just finished off the final dried rat! Her skills are put to the test as she heads out to find a job just to get some kibble for her feline friends. During her job interview/simulation/competition, her character is put to the test, and she passes with FLYING colors! A nice read with a positive message about integrity.
Amy Carr
My kids and I love this book! We have read it several times in the last few days and it always elicits giggles. I think it is a sweet, fun story...perfect for Halloween. Don't forget to have your children look for the spider and mouse in every illustration!
Susie
Oct 24, 2008 Susie rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: everybody who loves animals, kids, art, halloween, and pizza!
Shelves: childrens
darling detailed illustrations and a sweet storyline of putting compassion above your schedule.... this sweet witch takes care of 47 cats! very fun, very funny, memorable book that will hold a new permanent place in my family's heart.
Taffy
Wittilda has 47 cats and is down to her last canned rat. What can she do? Get a job of course! Her first job as a hairdresser didn't go so well. Can she make it as a pizza deliverer? Fun story and great pictures.
Amy
Oct 27, 2012 Amy marked it as picture-books-read
Great story. Perfect for Halloween without being about Halloween. See my complete review here: http://sunlitpages.blogspot.com/2012/...
aubrey
this book was nothing special. i thought it was so-so as did the kids. about a witch who gets a job delivering pizzas. an older lady i visit teach recommended it to me.
Feel good story of a witch trying to fit into the world and take care of her cats. Great read for Halloweeen time! Love the vividly colorful pictures.
Diana (Bever) Barber
This made me giggle...a lot! This dear witch (literally) has to get a job to feed herself and her house full of cats. Enormously entertaining.
Tamara the Librarian
Okay book about a witch who loves cats and competes to get a job delivering pizza to help feed the ones she has at home.
Andrea Wilkinson
Very clever story and illustrations about a cat-loving witch who has to go on the job hunt to continue caring for all her cats.
Megan
This is another of my favorite children's book. It wasn't Lucas' favorite, but I still liked reading it to him.
Shannon
This keeps her attention despite how long it is, probably because of all the cats. And the chance to practice meowing.
Meadow
Adorable pictures with a great story. Has been read repeatedly. And apparently written by Salt Lakers.
Susan
After some failed job attempts, Wittilda the witch finds a great job for her - pizza delivery! Cute!
Dusty
This book makes me laugh out loud. Great pictures, just like all of their books.
Jeimy
A witch who needs to find a job in order to feed her 40-something cats. I loved it!
Susan
A great bedtime story. Your kiddos will love it. Another classic Buehner book.
Teri
cute. about a cat lady who needs to get a job to feed all those cats.
Olivia
I learned that whenever you are out of food, you should get a job.
Amy
Reading Rainbow: Work Song

Fun & funny - a kid's idea of a job.
Schimmel
Jan 12, 2010 Schimmel added it
Shelves: christophe
I think this book is good because is about cats
Sheri
Cute Halloween, witches tale.
Michelle
Great for cat lovers
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
Snowmen at Night Snowmen at Christmas Fanny's Dream Snowmen All Year Dex: The Heart of a Hero