Start by marking “The Lost Relic (Ben Hope #6)” as Want to Read:
The Lost Relic (Ben Hope #6)

The Lost Relic (Ben Hope #6)

4.09 of 5 stars 4.09  ·  rating details  ·  986 ratings  ·  50 reviews
Some secrets should stay buried…A web of deceit – and Ben Hope is caught in the mayhem. . .Whilst visiting a former SAS comrade in Italy, a distracted Ben nearly runs over a young boy – and unwittingly walks into his deadliest mission yet.Ben’s involvement with the boy’s family runs deeper ashe witnesses their brutal murder at a gallery robbery. A seemingly worthless Goya ...more
Published January 20th 2011 by HarperCollins Publishers (first published January 18th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about The Lost Relic, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Lost Relic

TheSecretWriter
If you are looking for a story that contains, adventure, thrills, conspiracy, terror, drama and a touch of romance, then a new book due to be released shortly called ‘The Lost Relic’, has it all!

‘The Lost Relic’ written by Scott Mariani, is the sixth book in The Sunday Times bestselling series featuring ex-SAS hero and former theology scholar Ben Hope.

Without divulging any spoilers in relation to this particular story, the tale begins when Ben Hope unwittingly walks into a deadly mission while
Emanuele
It does hook you in and it is interesting enough to keep you wanting to read one more chapter, but it is not as good as the best chapters in the Hope series and has suffers from a number of major flaws, in my opinion:
1) differently from the others this is much more of an action story than a thriller. Little and fairly obvious mistery and twists and a lot, to many (!) shoot-outs;
2) full of mistakes, thoroughly unresearched. If you set up a novel in Italy, at least try to get the names of the citi
Sam Arnold
REVIEW
Why don't many women read men's books? Because they get upset when the romance does not work out the way they want it to. Why can't the hero be happy for once?

Having finished the book I have to admit I am disappointed. Disappointed that the hero did not have a happy relationship and disappointed at the book itself. Having said that I also enjoyed it especially towards the end. This book was not as fast pacing as his others. The guide to writing a good book I once read was have 2 or 3 good
Giri Dv
Highly readable. Tight narrative. The motivation for the entire plot a little unconvincing (the Faberge egg being the cause for all the murders). I also lost the connection of the three guys killed by rockets with the main plot (I thought I read the story without any skipping which I sometimes do). Also Brooke Marcel was left high and dry for no fault of hers! A good book does not do that.

I would choose a Mariani again without hesitation for reading.
Tom Tischler
Ben Hope this time is in a desperate fight to uphold justice
evade capture and prove his innocence. While visiting a former
SAS comrade in Italy Ben almost runs over a young boy. Ben is
thanked and persuaded to attend a valuable gallery exhibition.
While there he witnesses a ruthless attack by a gang of
criminals seeking to steal a worthless Goya sketch. In the
bloodbath that follows Ben evades the criminals but the young
boy is killed. Ben vows to track down the criminals and he is
drawn into a world
AvonBooksUK
A web of deceit – and Ben Hope is caught in the trap…
Whilst visiting a former SAS comrade in Italy, Ben almost runs over a young boy – and unwittingly walks into his deadliest mission yet.
Persuaded by the boy’s family to attend an art exhibition, Ben is witness to a ruthless heist by a gang of criminals who steal a relatively worthless Goya sketch. In the ensuing bloodbath, a shocking death occurs and Ben vows he won’t stop until he has tracked the perpetrators down.
Ben is soon drawn into a wor
Lois
I love the character ( Ben hope) that Scott mariani as created. These books are action packed and really impossible to put down once started. At first i thought that I wouldn't be able to enjoy these books, with it being about an ex sas major. But now I've nearly read all the Ben hope books and have just purchased his new one.
Viji Sarath (Bookish endeavors)
An above-average read. The chases and action are of blockbuster quality. The treasure and the story behind it is also interesting. But it would have been better if Ben get to hold it or at least see it. The treasure seems like something out of lost legends when it is limited to the level of story.
Mike
If it weren't for work I wouldn't have put this one down. Bring on the next one.
Simon Lee
Entertaining but not really any better than previous Ben Hope books. Considering in his last book he finally found his long lost sister I'd have thought this chapter would have picked up on that but not a mention of it. His whole persona was based around his guilt of losing his sister and the rubbish that went with it so some things must have cleared up in his mindset so a little surprising how it was not mentioned at all.

Still a decent read though.
Mary
I enjoyed this book but probably not as much as I had hoped. Sure, there was plenty of action but I found the historical mystery was a bit, um, lame. Not that there was anything particularly wrong with it but just lacking on my opinion. I really enjoyed the way the story moved at a break neck pace and the surprises that cropped up along the way. Not the strongest entry in the series but satisfying enough to keep me coming back for more.
Alison
I'm starting to run out of things to say about Scott Mariani's Ben Hope series! Another high action, fast paced thriller that sees Ben travelling all over Europe, unravelling mysteries, killing bad guys (even though you know he doesn't mean to!) and having the traditional love interest. I'm really enjoying this series and panicking a bit that there's only number 7 and the prequel to go ... hope Mr Mariani writes some more books soon!
David Collins
"This is the first book I have read by this author. A really exciting action packed story. Looking forward to reading more of the hero in his other books. This novel is about an ex SAS guy who visits an old comrade to offer him a job and although he refuses our hero gets caught up in a web of deceit after nearly running over a young boy in Italy and gets invited to an art gallery."
Carolyn
Another enjoyable read from Scott Mariani as we follow Ben Hope from France to Italy to Spain then Portugal, Monaco, Georgia and back to Rome. Our hero runs from pillar to post, accused of a crime he didn't commit, trying to uncover the truth. How on earth he still remains standing at the end of all his exploits is beyond me, but I guess that's what heroes do.
David Stimpson
200 mile an hour stuff ..i really like Ben Hope ..
Lisa Blazhevski
This is the first Ben Hope book I've read. It was ok, a nice easy read really. Everything there for the makings of a brilliant novel. Romance, action thriller, crime, yet still it lacked something for me. I would probably read another in the series, but I won't be jumping to get it.
Amanda Waller
Really enjoyed this...was left wanting more. Apparently it's book 6 in the series...might have to read the other 5 now! Bourne identity meets Da Vinci code is a good description, although probably less intellectual than the Da Vinci code. Believable, likeable hero.
zenbren
Fast moving novel involving Russian mafia, corrupt Italian politicans, inept carabineri ,a sinister MI6 group and a predictable if wholly likeable hero Ben.with an SAS background and a healthy disrepect for authority.
Trish
No this book is not for me. I felt the ending was rushed and there was yet ANOTHER battlescene. More could have been put into the 'lost relic' bit and a bit less pulp. No stars given.
Susan Freeman
What a great read really enjoy the Ben Hope stories,was engrossed all the way through. Love the story telling and writing by this author, can thoroughly recommend this book.
Michael Grant
Poor. Why so many high reviews? 95% is formulaic & quite dull. 5% half-decent dialogue & some slightly interesting ideas.
100% not reading another of this author's books.
Yana Kennedy
Now what am I going to do, I have caught up with the author, my suggestion is he gets a move on and writes another a bit sharpish. Excellent read - more please
Jack
Action thriller featuring the ever-resourceful Ben Hope, who manages to get caught up in a brutal robbery and encounters an equally resourceful woman.
Andrew Lothian
One of those books I couldn't put down until I looked up and went "what happened to Saturday?" Not a bad story and not as far fetched as some.
Jon
Silly bit Great fun, usually Mariani stuff for action hero Ben Hope and just a touch too predictable burning looking forward to the next one.
Jane
Outstanding as always. Great,fast read. The quicker I read them,the better they are,just the type of not wanting to put it down reads I crave.
Gaynor
A type of book I dont normally read - Ex SAS terrorism etc but I really enjoyed it . I wouldnt mind reading some more books by Scott Mariani .
Linda Wallis
Another load of pseudo Dan Brown pulp!

Not that good and has been done so much better by Clive Cussler, Dan Brown etc.
Kat
Been reading this for ages because of the twins, not sure if it would have been an easier read without them.
  • The Cross (Vampire Federation, #2)
  • The Death Relic (Jonathon Payne & David Jones, #7)
  • The Templar's Code (Caedmon Aisquith, #2)
  • The Eden Legacy (Daniel Knox, #4)
  • Empire Of Gold (Nina Wilde & Eddie Chase, #7)
  • The Messiah Secret (Chris Bronson, #3)
  • The Chosen One
  • The Blood King Conspiracy (Matt Drake, #2)
  • Sphinx
  • The Genesis Secret
The Alchemist's Secret (Ben Hope #1) The Mozart Conspiracy (Ben Hope #2) The Shadow Project (Ben Hope, #5) The Doomsday Prophecy (Ben Hope, #3) The Heretic's Treasure (Ben Hope #4)