Start by marking “Blue Bloods: The Graphic Novel” as Want to Read:
Blue Bloods: The Graphic Novel

Blue Bloods: The Graphic Novel (Blue Bloods: The Graphic Novel #1)

3.98  ·  Rating Details ·  1,756 Ratings  ·  185 Reviews
For this elite group of teenagers, New York is all about parties, fashion...AND BLOOD.

Schuyler Van Alen is a loner, and happy that way. But when she turns fifteen, her life dramatically changes. A mosaic of blue veins appears on her arms, and she begins to have memories of another time and place. When a classmate is found dead at a night club, the mystery deepens. Most sur
Published January 15th 2013 by Disney-Hyperion

To ask other readers questions about Blue Bloods, please sign up.

n For anyone who is looking: I found my copy on Better World Books. It might have library stuff on it (mine did), but it's still a really good service.

Aria (Blue Lily and Blue)
I'd have to say this graphic novel is so good... It made me want to read the actual series.

First, i think the plot is so unique from other vampire ya novels that I've read so far.

Two, the illustrations... Oh they are just so beautiful!

What else? The ending.. It was kind of intriguing and I reall could relate to this Sky girl. I just don't understand why she had to have a really weird name.. Lol.
MJ
Jul 15, 2012 MJ rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
To see full review click here.

As you know by now, I'm a huge fan of Melissa de la Cruz's series Blue Bloods. This series had everything for me great characters, New York glamour, paranormal, intricate mysteries, and some pretty good world building. However, as of late I've been getting annoyed with the books. It started with the fifth book. A lot of people thought the series should've ended after the fourth book, but I wasn't so sure. I thought there was still a lot to work with this series. Th
Anne
Jan 17, 2014 Anne rated it really liked it
I don't remember the first book being quite so interesting, so I'd say this is a win for the graphic novel.
It's been years since I read Blue Bloods, and even though it's got a huge following, I never really managed to go back for more. Honestly, I can't remember exactly why, though. I vaguely remember thinking it was a bit too full of unnecessary...something...that made it thick and boring.
However, this graphic novel made me think that it might be worth a re-read. Maybe it's only because all th
Nancy The book junkie
It's been a while since i read Blue blood but i felt like this graphic novel was pretty true to the book. Of course a lot has been cut but the important parts were there and the art was pretty similar to the way i imagined most of the characters. I hope the rest of the series will be made as well!
Jenni
Jun 22, 2012 Jenni marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
I just saw the cover! Itäs so beautiful, definitely worth reading in graphic format! :D
Melissa Chung
Feb 26, 2016 Melissa Chung rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Sigh 3.5 I got sucked in.....like always. I have never read this book in its original form and now I'm kind of bummed I didn't buy the three that was at the library bookstore yesterday. Maybe on Monday they will still be there.

Blue Bloods reminded me of a few YA supernatural books that I've read in the past. A little bit of Fallen by Lauren Kate, a little bit of Mortal Instruments, a little bit of Beautiful Creatures. I'm sure there is more, but those were the ones I could identify right away.

Sc
Lauren
Apr 30, 2010 Lauren marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
i really can't wait to see how this turns out. they made a graphic novel for twilight and it was, in my opinion, really well done.
the artist would have to be perfect though.
the problem with changing mediums (ex. book -> movie/graphic novel) is that everybody has their own idea of how each of the characters should look and how their surroundings should look. only a really great artist who is familiar with the series will bee able to pull it off well.
Elissa (crz4drwho)
I really enjoyed the original novel, so I thought I'd give this a shot...

It was pretty good as far as following the original story, but there were some bits that were choppy to me. I suppose that can happen when you try to water down a novel to a graphic counterpart. Or maybe it's just me? I don't know, but the choppiness is what made it 3 stars and not 4.

I liked most of the artwork - except for Schuyler. I guess she is just too different than my memory. I don't think that is bad in any way, I j
Moriah Venable
I remember trying to read the first book when I was a senior in high school and I couldnt get into it. So seeing that there was a Graphic Novel was great because I got to see the main plot of the book. I was really wrong about it. I had the setting was like in the 1600's the whole time. I didn't know that it changes. I am interested to learned Sky and Jack's relationships. As well as Jack's father relationship with Sky's mother. I personally think they were lovers but she left him to be with Sky ...more
Nidah (SleepDreamWrite)
Jun 07, 2014 Nidah (SleepDreamWrite) rated it really liked it
The art was really good in some moments and good in others. So basically I like the art style. And this one was interesting. I been contemplating whether to read the books or not and thought, huh, didn't know there was a graphic novel and wanted to start with that. After reading, I think I might finally get around to reading the books. Might. Heard the series is like Gossip Girl with vampires, in a way or something.
Dov Zeller
A fun little vampire story. Very white and old money (vampire) crowd. There is even a joke about one looking like Kate Moss. Um, har? I don't know, the art is good, the story is okay. Entertainment without any vitamins? I'll probably read the next installment if/when it comes out unless I forget to, which is a distinct possibility.
Diamond
Oct 17, 2013 Diamond rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Fans of the Blue Bloods series
While I am a lover of graphic novels and a lover of young adult books, I haven't read any graphic novel versions of ya in the past. I really enjoyed the Blue Bloods series though, which I started earlier this year, and thought this would be really good.

For the most part, I really enjoyed this graphic novel. The colors were great, and many of the characters were drawn spot-on. My biggest concern is how Jack Force and Cordelia Van Alen were drawn. Jack is supposed to be super hot and fine. He was
Liviania
Jan 17, 2013 Liviania rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
With the release of the final book in the Blue Bloods series, GATES OF PARADISE, it's nice that the graphic novel adaptation of the first book is coming out now. I read it before GATES OF PARADISE to remind myself where Schuyler Van Alen and her friends started, eight books ago. I think other fans of the series will also find it a pleasant refresher, although I don't know if they'll continue to read the graphic adaptations.

The story is still good. Young prep school kids are getting murdered. Oth
Rachel R. (My Book Empire)
3.5 out of 5 stars

I haven't read the series yet, but I think I got the gist of the story. In the beginning, I felt like there was something big that was missing because there were only a few pages dedicated for Catherine Carver's diary and I didn't quite understand what she was and who she was talking about.

What I liked about it is that they put the role of each character and their reputation as well. And the illustrations were amazing too. I now have a picture in my mind of each character once
Trish
May 13, 2013 Trish rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This graphic novel relates the story of the first novel in the eponymous Blue Bloods series.

The first thing you will notice is that the art is absolutely dripping with vivacity and beauty. After reading it I leafed though it several more times just to gaze at the art. The characters look gorgeous and the character designs are distinct enough you never confuse characters. There are helpful tags as each character is introduced to help you remember each character's name and general role in the stor
Faith Hicks
A good example of how problematic adapting YA franchises to comics can be. However, I gave this 3 stars because the artwork by Alina Urusov was gorgeous. I'd like to see more of her work, with a better story.
Taschima
Nov 12, 2011 Taschima marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Yes, definitely going to try to get this. Depending on the price of course. My first priority is always the book itself rather than the comic of it.

I like this new trend of making good YA novels into comic books. Broader audience, and just plain good.
Nickcole
Jun 30, 2016 Nickcole rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Rating: 5

I didn't want this story to end because it was so exciting the art was really good. My real concern is that it reminded me of Mortal Instruments. Other than that the story was really engaging and again I can't say it enough, but the art was AMAZING!
Cath
Nov 19, 2014 Cath rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: graphic-novels
I read the first three books in the book series back in my 'twilight days' and the books were okay, not amazing.
This graphic novel was alright actually, the art was good and the story was condensed really well.
4/5
Gary Butler
Feb 22, 2016 Gary Butler rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: graphic-novels
14th book read in 2016.

Number 167 out of 507 on my all time book list.

Review Pending:
Naailah
Jul 28, 2014 Naailah rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Kind of hard to follow at times
GingerQueen
Nov 12, 2016 GingerQueen rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
So I haven't actually read the book but the graphic novel WAS SO COOL!!
AND THE ART IS AMAZING YALL
LIKE SO GOOOOOD!!!!
Joan
Terrible. Awful. It is really an incredibly done summary of the book, highly confusing and incoherent. I'd have put it in my couldn't finish bookshelf but was stuck waiting at the car garage.
Zero vi Britannia
Why does every YA book have to become a graphic novel? Who the $@#& started this trend?
Jillian (bookishandnerdy)
I need the next one. So pretty and nice way to remind me of what happened in the beginning of the series.
Teresa cox
May 30, 2017 Teresa cox rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: challenge-6
Want to read the others now lol!
Sumney
Essential for blue blood fans
This graphic novel was Full of Promise, however I felt a little let down. But I still liked it and I hope they make graphic novel adaptations of the rest of the blue bloods series.
I really liked the characters, they were mostly as I imagined them. Except for Dylan and the Silver Bloods. It was a lot harder to understand the relationships between characters. That didn't come off so well in the graphic novels. When I first read blue bloods, many years ago, I could tell
Kirra
Feb 12, 2017 Kirra rated it liked it
This was a surprisingly interesting read for a graphic novel adapted from the Blue Bloods series. I read Blue Bloods (the first in the series) many years ago when I found it randomly on a visit to the library. I don't remember being particularly wooed by the story but it was around the same time I was obsessed with the Gossip Girl book series so another series of rich teenagers in New York sounded great.The first book ended up being a two-star read for me but I think I actually started reading t ...more
Jess
Lovely animations and that

BEAUTIFUL KISS *swoons*

I just feel that some parts of the story were rushed and more content could have been put in, to make this graphic novel longer.

Update: 17th June
Currently reading Blue Bloods and realising the graphic novel is incredibly inaccurate. The characters are portrayed completely differently, and the dialogue is either voiced by the wrong character or plays no part in its source material - as if the writers of the graphic novel wanted to change the story
  • Frostbite: The Graphic Novel (Vampire Academy: The Graphic Novel, #2)
  • Vampire Kisses: Graveyard Games, Volume 1
  • House of Night #1 (House of Night: The Graphic Novel, #1)
  • Hush, Hush (Hush, Hush: The Graphic Novel, #1)
  • Sanctuary (Wicked Lovely: Desert Tales, #1)
  • New Moon: The Graphic Novel, Vol. 1 (Twilight: The Graphic Novel, #3)
  • City of Bones: The Graphic Novel
  • The Dark-Hunters, Vol. 1 (Dark-Hunter Manga, #1)
  • Witch & Wizard: The Manga, Vol. 1
  • Beautiful Creatures: The Manga
  • Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter: Circus of the Damned, Volume 1: The Charmer
21911
Melissa de la Cruz is the New York Times and USA Today best-selling author of many critically acclaimed and award-winning novels for teens including The Au Pairs series, the Blue Bloods series, the Ashleys series, the Angels on Sunset Boulevard series and the semi-autobiographical novel Fresh off the Boat.

Her books for adults include the novel Cat’s Meow, the anthology Girls Who Like Boys Who Like
More about Melissa de la Cruz...