Start by marking “Second Time Around” as Want to Read:
Second Time Around

Second Time Around (Time Lottery #2)

4.03  ·  Rating Details  ·  155 Ratings  ·  15 Reviews
In this follow-up to the Christie Award-winning Time Lottery, three more contestants are faced with onerous choices about their future when they win the opportunity to visit their past.
Published November 1st 2004 by Barbour Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Second Time Around, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Second Time Around

Linda
Apr 27, 2011 Linda rated it liked it
What do an Vanessa, David and Lane have in common? In this sequel to "Time Lottery", they are the next three people chosen to go back into time for a second chance.

While reading both this book and "Time Lottery", something just bothered me about both, even though I enjoyed reading them. Then last night, it hit me....the Bible says "And as it is appointed for men to die once...." (Hebs. 9:27 NKJV), how can someone continue to live in the past while their body here dies? I realize it's just a fict
Nora St Laurent
Jul 13, 2015 Nora St Laurent rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed book one in this series but was surprised I thought this book was even better than the first. A few people are given a second chance at life.

“Can David Stancowsky stop the love of his life from dying?”
“Will Vanessa Caldwell break the patterns of dysfunction before she makes a terrible mistake?”

“Why does Hollywood A-lister Lane Holloway want to return home?”

While Time Lottery spokesman Alexander MacMillan manages the increasingly dangerous paparazzi on the outside, the contestants face
Tasha
Oct 13, 2014 Tasha rated it it was amazing
This is the 2nd book in to Time Lottery. I really like it too. It is still giving 3 people a chance to change their lives and boy did they learn a thing or two this time. Also, it gave families an opportunity in the "here and now" to really evaulate what they may have done differently or what they could do differently. Like I said a good book!!
Brooke
Jul 26, 2014 Brooke rated it it was amazing
It's been a while since I read the first one, but it came back pretty quickly (without the mind numbing recap some books offer). Since this was about 3 new journeys, reading the first isn't necessary to enjoying this story.
Janet
Mar 27, 2013 Janet rated it liked it
I read the first one many years ago. This is the second one and because it had been so long for me I was unable to remember much about the first one.

I still enjoyed this book.

People bought tickets to be able to travel back in time for a week to anytime in their life. They chould choise to stay in the past or come back after a week.
Nothing would change in the future if they stayed in the past.

Person 1 - a famous actress went back in time to before she was famous
Person 2 - went back to before hi
Tolly
Aug 24, 2015 Tolly rated it it was amazing
Love, love, love this book!!! It was such a well done thing on exploring the path not taken. I loved how their lives intertwined, and it was just insanely interesting. I couldn't quit thinking about the book. And if I had a week to decide the week I wanted to go back and "do over".

Great job! Made my imagination go wild!!
George
Jan 23, 2015 George added it
Awesome!!
Joyce
Mar 22, 2009 Joyce rated it it was amazing
i really enjoyed this book.it's basically a christian fiction.it's a continuation of time lottery,which is also a very good read.
they have a lottery and pick three winners to go back in time to find out what would happen if they had made a different decision. they get to pick what time they want to go back to. they also get to decide if they want to stay where they go back to, in that case their body dies in the present. or they can return to the present and resume they life they originally had.
Wynne
Jul 21, 2012 Wynne rated it it was amazing
I loved this book, just as much (if not more) than the first one. I find it very thought-provoking. If I was able to travel back to an earlier time, which one would I choose? What would I do differently? And would I stay or return to the present?

Although time travel is yet only fictional, this book also makes me consider what God is leading me toward now and in the future. What gifts can I still use? As long as one is alive, it is not too late.

Colleen Scott
Mar 27, 2009 Colleen Scott rated it it was amazing
This book is a keeper. It shows that we are all human, no matter what our walk in life. As for myself, I really wouldn't desire to go back in time, as there isn't anything I would want to change. At least, nothing I can think of right now. But to have the opportunity to do so for some people would be very important.
Kathryn
Aug 24, 2012 Kathryn rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kindle, 2012-books
I liked the premise of the book. The author did a good job with it. I liked this one almost better than the first book. If you haven't read the book, you really should.
Gail Alwan
Good book but liked the first one, Time Lottery, better. Makes you wonder about your past and what you would choose differently.
Eleisha Luck
Jul 29, 2007 Eleisha Luck rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Everyone
Second book in the series and I loved it as much as the first one.
Lisa
Time Lottery series / book two
Mandy
Aug 19, 2013 Mandy rated it liked it
The first was better.
Anita
Anita rated it it was amazing
Jan 31, 2016
Yan Zhao
Yan Zhao marked it as to-read
Jan 29, 2016
Jen Patterson
Jen Patterson marked it as to-read
Jan 24, 2016
Jars0Clay
Jars0Clay marked it as to-read
Jan 22, 2016
Tammy
Tammy added it
Jan 21, 2016
Patti
Patti marked it as to-read
Jan 21, 2016
Sandra Stringham
Sandra Stringham rated it really liked it
Jan 23, 2016
Amy
Amy marked it as to-read
Jan 17, 2016
Cathy
Cathy added it
Jan 16, 2016
Joy
Joy added it
Jan 16, 2016
Jillian
Jillian marked it as to-read
Jan 09, 2016
Shelley Ordorica
Shelley Ordorica rated it liked it
Jan 03, 2016
Pam
Pam rated it it was ok
Jan 03, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
  • Be Strong & Curvaceous (All About Us, #3)
  • Goodbye Hollywood Nobody (Hollywood Nobody, #4)
  • My Sister Dilly
  • Beach Dreams (The Beach House #3)
  • Conspiracy of Silence
  • Single Sashimi (Sushi, #3)
  • Let Them Eat Fruitcake (86 Bloomberg Place, #2)
  • Blood Lines (NCIS, #3)
  • The Blessed (The Gifted, #3)
  • A Treasure Deep (Perry Sachs #1)
  • The Fall of Candy Corn (Sweet Seasons, #2)
  • The Secret's in the Sauce (Potluck Catering Club #1)
  • The Will of Wisteria
  • The Bishop's Daughter
  • Home Another Way
  • Word Gets Around (Daily, Texas #2)
  • Broken Into Beautiful
  • City of the Dead
Nancy Moser is the author of over twenty-five novels, including "Love of the Summerfields", "The Journey of Josephine Cain", "Mozart's Sister", "Washington's Lady", A Basket Brigade Christmas Collection", "An Unlikely Suitor", The Sister Circle Series, and "Time Lottery", a Christy Award winner. She is an inspirational speaker, as well as giving a first-person dramatizations in costume as Martha W ...more
More about Nancy Moser...

Time Lottery (2 books)