Der Tag an dem die Sonne verschwand

Der Tag an dem die Sonne verschwand

3.49 of 5 stars 3.49  ·  rating details  ·  80 ratings  ·  11 reviews
From its opening scene on a Northern California mountaintop to a shattering climax unlike anything yet experienced in suspense fiction, Total Eclipse marks the debut of a master. Liz Rigbey has created a superb novel of passion, deception, and illusion.
Published 1995 by Heyne

La Reyne
It surprises me a lot that this book was never made into a film (As far as I know). It has certain things that would have made a very gripping cinematic experience.

Funny that I always think that about this story. They say that it's often mediocre books that make a good film. (This book's far better than that) It's also quite a chunky book. (Doesn't obviously lend itself to a film script you would think) But it has some plot ideas in it that haven't been done I'm sure, and filmmakers always seem...more
Ann
The surprise ending makes the book special. I have to say I suspected the truth part way through but dismissed it. Then there are two clues near the end that I got, but one around page 480 is a little late, and the one on page 502 is certainly too late to take any credit for figuring out this mystery.
Kaylol
When I finished it I regretted reading it. I did not like the style of writing at all. I only read the first couple of chapters because I had nothing else to read. Then curiosity got the best of me and I read the rest. I found it the ending disappointing and the rest not worth reading.
Lisa Greer
This one is really good... like I don't want to put it down. If you like intelligent mystery, psychological suspense, and some eroticism, this one's for you.
Clyde
I quite liked this, perhaps because there aren't many books written by woman that feature astronomers as the main characters. Good, but not superb.
Annthelibrarian
I read this quite a while back, and remember loving it!
Lots of intelligent suspense- one of thosse books you really cannot put down.
Jean
Set around an observatory in Northern California at the time of an eclipse, this is a very good mystery suspense novel.
Diannet1
Though I found this book interesting I had the whole plot figured out at least half way through the story.
Coraline
fairly gripping though i ksuspected what happened at the end
Rae
A suspenseful mystery with an almost unbelievable twist at the end.
Christine Juliano
Christine Juliano marked it as to-read
Jul 05, 2014
David Schaffner
David Schaffner marked it as to-read
May 03, 2014
Don Weymouth
Don Weymouth marked it as to-read
Apr 03, 2014
Cortnie
Cortnie marked it as to-read
Feb 17, 2014
Margaret
Margaret marked it as to-read
Feb 16, 2014
Ronson
Ronson added it
Feb 08, 2014
Grok Testuser
Grok Testuser is currently reading it
Dec 13, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Summertime The Hunting Season An Everyday Story of Afghan Folk THE "ARCHERS" QUIZ BOOK Untitled