Start by marking “Chemistry Demystified” as Want to Read:
Chemistry Demystified

Chemistry Demystified

3.38  ·  Rating Details  ·  29 Ratings  ·  8 Reviews
Say goodbye to dry presentations, grueling formulas, and abstract theory that would put Einstein to sleep--now there's an easier way to master chemistry, biology, trigonometry, and geometry. McGraw-Hill's Demystified Series teaches complex subjects in a unique, easy-to-absorb manner and is designed for users without formal training, unlimited time, or genius IQs. Organized ...more
Published July 22nd 2003 by McGraw-Hill Education (first published June 26th 2003)

To ask other readers questions about Chemistry Demystified, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Chemistry Demystified

Kevin de Ataíde
This book is an entry-level chemistry book, most likely engineered for school children. Although these may never read a chemistry book that is not their school text-book. All subjects are presented very simply indeed, making it an easy book to read. But the style is a little uncomfortable, as if deliberately trying to appeal to its readership.

It has been a joy returning to a favourite subject in however basic a form. The periodic table is a marvelous tool and a source of endless fascination. No
Daniel Ulm
Jun 20, 2014 Daniel Ulm rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great book
Nina Castellano
Aug 07, 2014 Nina Castellano rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I just read this book as a reference when I took an exam. (I might read it again because I didn't pass the exam) On the lighter side of things, when I read this book (as an adult), it made so much sense! I mean, I learned A LOT from it. I don't know why I didn't like Chemistry in high school. (I do know why, my Chemistry teacher was a horrible terror teacher!) This book made learning Chemistry so much easier!
Marilyn
This book is NOT going to teach you chemistry or even begin to teach you to "do" any chemistry. What it will do is familiarize you with some key ideas or concepts and provide you with a very brief history or highlights of the history of chemistry. It is a nice book with which to prepare to begin to study chemistry or to have on hand while taking that first class to provide additional explanation of certain concepts.
G. Branden
May 16, 2016 G. Branden rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: technical book editors, for practice
Dreadful. Abysmal.

I can't say enough bad things about this book.

I never could bring myself to write a detailed takedown of this book, but it is packed with errors; they abound on practically every page. Some are obvious only to a person who has already learned the subject, rendering this book cruel and misleading, a profound disservice to its audience.
Quinn Cole
Original book had several typos that were identified in proof but not corrected before going to print. The 2nd edition is great for introductory chemistry, home schooling or for adults wanting to change careers.
Alec Julien
Feb 21, 2010 Alec Julien rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Well, after finding three pretty absurd mathematical errors in the early parts of the book, I lost all faith that the author knows even basic arithmetic, let alone chemistry. Into the recycle bin with it!
Crystal
Nov 18, 2010 Crystal rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
This was okay, not edited very well though.
Bre Hess
Bre Hess marked it as to-read
Aug 15, 2016
Jonathan
Jonathan is currently reading it
Jul 30, 2016
Shannon
Shannon is currently reading it
Jul 19, 2016
Antony
Antony added it
Jul 07, 2016
Prieska Kaambo
Prieska Kaambo rated it it was amazing
Jul 01, 2016
Joe
Joe marked it as to-read
Jun 13, 2016
Rebecca
Rebecca rated it it was amazing
Apr 27, 2016
Brian Crystal
Brian Crystal marked it as to-read
Apr 26, 2016
Drama Sylum
Drama Sylum rated it liked it
Mar 31, 2016
Nadine Hutton
Nadine Hutton rated it it was amazing
Mar 09, 2016
Christina Kolodziej
Christina Kolodziej is currently reading it
Mar 01, 2016
Rose Dyhouse
Rose Dyhouse marked it as to-read
Jan 22, 2016
Kathryndiane
Kathryndiane rated it really liked it
Jan 24, 2016
Anita
Anita added it
Feb 03, 2016
Ahmad Albuttat
Ahmad Albuttat marked it as to-read
Nov 18, 2015
Nick Rother
Nick Rother marked it as to-read
Oct 31, 2015
ALMA N
ALMA N marked it as to-read
Oct 07, 2015
Lyndsay
Lyndsay rated it really liked it
Jul 15, 2015
Roberto
Roberto marked it as to-read
Jul 07, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Librarian note:
There is more than one author in the GoodReads database with this name
More about Linda Williams...