Flying High (My Secret Unicorn, #3)

Flying High (My Secret Unicorn #3)

3.84 of 5 stars 3.84  ·  rating details  ·  295 ratings  ·  18 reviews
Lauren's pony Twilight changes into a unicorn when she whispers the magic words. The only catch is that Lauren has to keep it a secret or she could put Twilight in great danger.

Lauren's friend Jessica doesn't want her father to re-marry. On the day f the wedding, Jessica is so unhappy that she runs away from home. Lauren and Twilight could help Jessica with a little magic...more
Published September 1st 2006 by Scholastic Paperbacks (first published 2002)

To ask other readers questions about Flying High, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Flying High

Georgina Howlett
"Flying High" is one of my favourite My Secret Unicorn books because it's one of those few times that someone else but Lauren and Mrs Fontana know Twilight's secret. I also know that marriage into a family with a child already there can be difficult, especially like in the situation in the book, so I just thought that it was a great third adventure in the series.

Lauren is such a likable character and I love reading about her adventures with Twilight :) These books make me want to write my own st...more
Emily
Again, these are Claire's ratings. I suppose it might mess up the rating system a bit, but since it is aimed toward her age group, I'll give it the stars that her age requests. :)

Another fun romp with a girl and her secret unicorn. This time, they help her friend come to grips with a 'new' family (her dad is remarrying and the fiancee has a daughter). This was full of more sighs from the 6 year old. (Andrew, however, played with his stuffed dog and some trucks. All boy!)
Dolly
Mar 19, 2011 Dolly rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: children starting to read chapter books
Our oldest is addicted to reading fairy books. I encourage that passion, as it translates into a happy reader. But I'm also happy when she branches out, so I like this series as well. We've read a few books in the My Secret Unicorn series and we are working our way through all of the books. This was another interesting story and a quick read and I'm happy to share these books with our girls.
Emma Gee
I read this book when i was about 8, so i really enjoyed them because i love mystic creatures. The developing relationship between the unicorn and the girl made me feel like it was me, because of the way the story was written.
Cloe
My favorite part was on page six:
Twilight Star, Twilight Star,
Twinkling high above so far.
Shining light, shining bright,
Will you grant my wish tonight?
Let my little horse forelorn
Be at last a unicorn!
Amanda
well this one i can definitely say this a favorite. yeah i know i said i couldn't pick but i'll let it slide for a few.
Maylie
May 09, 2012 Maylie added it
I remember that this was one of my favourite series when I was in 3rd grade. Old times, old times.
Jessica
a great kid book and many more magical adventuresin the series of my secret unicorn
Alsie
I remember enjoying these when I was eight or nine. I liked fairytale stories then.
Yasmín
primer libro que pude leer en ingles totalmente, y no para el colegio. Tenia 17 años ;-)
Marina Li
This book was magical. And it's interesting. I love this book very much :)
Oliver
Tackles a difficult situation lot of kids can identify with.
Diana
I read it when I was younger so don't judge haha.
Alyssa Joyce
It's very good like the other books in the series.
Karen
It's very cute and a thoughtful treasure.
Rachel
Nov 14, 2010 Rachel added it
Read when I was little =)
Angela Barakat
I read this with my daughter.
Brenna
Megan, too
Rocio Marine
Rocio Marine marked it as to-read
Sep 18, 2014
Sophie
Sophie marked it as to-read
Sep 13, 2014
Phyllis A
Phyllis A marked it as to-read
Sep 05, 2014
Chris
Chris added it
Sep 02, 2014
Rae
Rae added it
Sep 02, 2014
Pamela
Pamela marked it as to-read
Aug 30, 2014
  • Penny The Pony Fairy (Rainbow Magic: Pet Keeper Fairies, #7)
  • A Pony for Keeps (Pony Pals, #2)
  • Pony on the Porch (Animal Ark, #2)
  • Ponies at the Point (Animal Ark, #10)
  • Classroom Chaos
  • Wellspring of Magic
Linda Chapman was born in Liverpool in 1969. She had many different jobs before becoming a full-time writer in 1999. She worked as a theatre stage manager, a dog trainer, a bookseller, a nanny, a teacher and a research assistant. She has written over 120 books for children, some under her own name, others under different names including the Superpowers series under the name Alex Cliff. Linda lives...more
More about Linda Chapman...
The Magic Spell (My Secret Unicorn, #1) Dreams Come True (My Secret Unicorn, #2) Starlight Surprise (My Secret Unicorn, #4) A Winter Wish (My Secret Unicorn, #7) Stronger Than Magic (My Secret Unicorn, #5)