Start by marking “Trouble Don't Last Always” as Want to Read:
Trouble Don't Last Always

Trouble Don't Last Always (Against the Odds #1)

Previously published as The Turning Point, this powerful story is about a woman searching for a new beginning. Desperate to escape her abusive marriage, Lilly Crawford files for divorce, then slips away from her small east Texas hometown with little more than the clothes on her back. With broken dreams and countless regrets, she points her twelve-year-old car east, hoping ...more
Published (first published January 21st 2004)

To ask other readers questions about Trouble Don't Last Always, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Trouble Don't Last Always

Debbie
Nov 20, 2012 Debbie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
This story deserved every bit of the five stars I rated it! If not more! This was the most passionate love story I've ever read. What I loved was how Francis Ray didn't have to layer the story with sex scenes for the passion, desire, and love to come through. As soon as I started I couldn't put it down! You have a true feel for who the characters are. I'd recommend this story to everyone! There will be laughter, tears, and great lessons learned! Loved it!!
Reader's Paradise
Sometimes love blooms in the darkest of places!

Lilly Crawford unhappily married to an abusive husband, and desperately in need of money to dissolve their union. Finds herself fleeing for her life to establish her new beginning. But sometime fate throws a wrench in our plans! During her escape, her vehicle dies and in a strange town, Lilly finds herself at a stranger’s doorstep.

Proud and prominent neurosurgeon Dr. Adam Wakefield, who brings relief to patients suffering from different types of dis
Julie Barrett
Oct 02, 2011 Julie Barrett rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
trouble don't last always by Francis Ray
woman leaver her abusive husband but the car breaks down and she walks to a house within 3 miles of where her car is.
she ends up getting a job there taking care of a neurosurgeon that has recently gone blind. they discover that he can
do other things and do them well. she proceeds with her divorce long distance and does get her car out of the shop.
she enjoys helping him live with his blindness with aids available.. she pursues her career and schooling while
Julie Barrett
Jul 25, 2013 Julie Barrett rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
trouble don't last always by Francis Ray
Michelle Crawford
I remember reading this book about 10 years ago and I remember loving it but to be honest I couldn't remember much more, so I decided to read it again. The second time around and I love this story just as much as I did the first time. This story shows many good life lessons. It teaches the importance of family, love, faith, courage and so much more. I fell in love with all the characters, especially Lilly and Adam. Their love story is so touching and I couldn't help but smile as these two blosso ...more
Corinne
Feb 28, 2009 Corinne rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I recently read this book, it was a good novel, it showed how tragedy can sometime make you forget whats important, the main male character was a promininet neurosurgeon who lost his eyesight when he was carjacked, he needed a care taker but was very bitter, mean and not easy to get along with. the female main character was a woman who was escaping an abusive relationship and finally started to find herself, she had low self worth and esteem, this was an excellently written novel.
Afrijewel
This an interesting love story. I remember it very well. A blind man and a woman running away from her abusive husband. Her car just happens to break down in Lousiana and from there all of God's plans for her begin to blossom. In the end, the blind man is no longer....it's a good read, trust me.
Bee
Aug 02, 2013 Bee rated it really liked it
What a lovely story! I loved this book and how the storyline developed. I loved Lilly and Adam's relationship. I liked the influence Lilly had not only on Adam but the rest if the family too. Such a lovely ending too.
Michelle M
Aug 16, 2014 Michelle M rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Vey funny and witting novel. I would recommend it.
Breanna Essoi
Jan 05, 2013 Breanna Essoi rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Read the whole book in about 8 hours. Interesting story, good characters, great read!
Shawnette
Sep 08, 2007 Shawnette rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Simply Amazing

Erica
Dec 08, 2015 Erica rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was a wonderful, well written story. I did not want it to end.
Mariah Kingsley
Feb 18, 2014 Mariah Kingsley rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Best book ever
Danelle
Sep 15, 2011 Danelle rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I liked it, it was a page turner kept me up way past my bedtime tonight reading it. It was a nice little love story.
Lisa
Aug 08, 2011 Lisa rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
A good book with believable characters and just the right amount of romantic tension. I would definitely recommend it.
Thara
May 30, 2013 Thara rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: clean
Same story as Francis Ray's "The Turning Point"
Tammy
Apr 09, 2015 Tammy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance, favorites
I love this book. This was the first book that I read by Francis Ray, and I have been a fan ever since. I enjoyed reading about Lily and Adam and how their love and respect for each other grows.
Josephine
Jan 28, 2012 Josephine rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
One of my favorites. I have read this book sevearal times.
Janet Reign
Sep 28, 2015 Janet Reign rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Awesome Read!!
India Smith
Sep 02, 2013 India Smith rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great book.
Cf
Jul 16, 2013 Cf rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this book. I hope there is a sequel.
Roaring Leo
Jan 22, 2014 Roaring Leo rated it really liked it
I absolute love this book, from start to end. The characters were really relatable and I just wanted to root for them.
Phano
Dec 26, 2011 Phano rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Very good
Muriel
Jan 17, 2015 Muriel rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: top-reads
What an awesome read about faith, love and perseverance!
Moneik Moore
Dec 14, 2012 Moneik Moore rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I absolutely loved this book! Francis Ray wrote in a very eloquent way but conveyed each characters feeling throughout this novel!
Mikka
Dec 31, 2015 Mikka rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: aa-romance
This is one of those books that you can read over and over again cover to cover and love it as much as the first time you read it. I know because I've done that myself.
Samone
Samone rated it it was amazing
Feb 15, 2010
Lisa
Lisa rated it it was amazing
Sep 03, 2013
Sharee
Sharee rated it really liked it
May 12, 2014
Té Russ
Té Russ rated it it was amazing
Jan 28, 2012
  • Welcome to Leo's
  • A Whole Lotta Love
  • Slow Burn
  • Tender to His Touch
  • Model Perfect Passion
  • Whisper My Name
Died July 2, 2013.

Francis Ray was a New York Times and USA Today bestselling African-American writer of romance novels. Her literary fiction series – Taggart and Falcon, the Invincible Women, Grayson Family of New Mexico, and Grayson Friends – have consistently made bestseller's lists. She was born in Richland, Texas, and studied nursing, receiving a bachelor's degree from Texas Woman's University
More about Francis Ray...

Against the Odds (2 books)
  • Somebody's Knocking at My Door: A Novel