Cats for Dummies

Cats for Dummies

3.77 of 5 stars 3.77  ·  rating details  ·  141 ratings  ·  17 reviews
The most essential information for both potential cat owners and feline fanatics. Find out how to choose, housebreak, groom, and even travel with your feline friend.
Published April 18th 2011 by For Dummies (first published 1997)

Sherri
Lots of wisdom here, but really needed "Why Are You Dumb Enough to Have a Cat When You're Allergic to Them?"
Brittany Perry
the photos could have been better but all in all it was not a bad book. Very informative and the section debunking cat myths was amazing. from kittens to elderly cats I would keep a copy of this book handy for reference on illness and other emergencies.
SterlingSpider
The only reason I didn't give it a 5 was because of the incredible amount of repetitiveness when it came to altering and indoor vs outdoor cats, but a lot of that has to do with the style of the series and they're important enough points I can't blame the authors too much. Extremely straightforward, not overly cloying or dismissive of issues in its attitude towards the subject matter (all too often devoted hobbyists tend to gloss over negative aspects of their favorite pet).
Lene
I suppose since I am going to be a cat owner on Friday, I should learn something about them. This is going to be an adventure :)
Soooo, I can't read an entire book about cats. I'll use this as a reference if I need help with the ole kitty, but it's so boring that I can't take it. Maybe that makes me a bad cat owner, but seriously.
Kricket
May 16, 2008 Kricket rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition Recommends it for: hapless kitty adopters
Shelves: 2008, non-fiction, kitties
having just adopted my first feline, i am indeed a dummy, and this book made me feel less so. especially helpful was the chapter on feline body language. the writing is a little cheesy (these people are OBSESSED with cats and i am not quite there yet) but as far as i know the advice is solid.
ron!e
Bought at a yard sale for a dollar. Surprisingly contains no informations pertaining to cats and christmas trees. Although the only problem i've ever encountered concerning this is that they like to sit on the presents. oddd...<3.
Michelle
Very informative, but a bit dated. I've had cats all my life and I still learned from this book. But it was written in 2000 so I noticed a few things that are no longer true.
Kelanth, numquam risit ubi dracones vivunt
Il massimo dell'utilità. Dopo averlo letto credo di aver cambato idea sull'idea del prendere un gatto. Più efficace di così. :)

Lisa James
Another great book in the Dummies series. I have been a cat owner since before I can even remember, & I laughed & learned all the way through this book.
Teresa
Informative and well-organized. The book's chapters can be read on their own and make total sense. A good reference book.
Katie
Jun 27, 2007 Katie rated it 2 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition Recommends it for: new cat owners
A very basic guide to cat care. If you are looking for in-depth health and medical information, keep looking.
Miss
Wait. Cats are dummies or cats for dummies? Am I the dummy? IT'S A CAT. FEED IT, PET IT, IT'S A CAT.
Heather
Loved it! I want to actually buy a copy to keep for reference. it was very useful info
Sunny
Un chat pour les nuls by Paul Dilion (2003)
Suzie
GREAT!! A must own for cat owners.
Rachel
Max would be dead if I didn't own this book.
Arizonagirl
Arizonagirl marked it as to-read
Apr 12, 2014
Kamna Tripathi
Kamna Tripathi is currently reading it
Apr 12, 2014
Marina Andreou
Marina Andreou marked it as to-read
Mar 04, 2014
Becky
Becky marked it as to-read
Feb 28, 2014
S.kfenstongmail.com
S.kfenstongmail.com marked it as to-read
Feb 16, 2014
Sophia Materi
Sophia Materi marked it as to-read
Feb 11, 2014
Charlotte
Charlotte marked it as to-read
Feb 08, 2014
Anne
Anne marked it as to-read
Jan 31, 2014
Marlinda
Marlinda marked it as to-read
Jan 30, 2014
Dogs For Dummies Birds for Dummies (Howell dummies series) bowWOW!: Curiously Compelling Facts, True Tales, and Trivia Even Your Dog Won't Know Psi za telebane Gatos para Dummies (Spanish Edition)