The Secrets of Moonshine (Moonshine, #1)

The Secrets of Moonshine (Moonshine #1)

3.9 of 5 stars 3.90  ·  rating details  ·  188 ratings  ·  26 reviews
As an aspiring author, Bronwyn never dreamed she would be writing trite, sappy love stories for a traveling drama troupe. She longs to write a compelling novel, a story striving to emerge from deep inside of her as far back as she can remember. However, she is suffering from a lack of inspiration, resulting in the most severe writer's block ever.

The reason -- her fiancé,...more
Published (first published May 2nd 2011)

Maria
I really enjoyed this book. The story was refreshing. It had me on the edge of my seat trying to figure out what the secrets of Moonshine were. I normally am quite good at figuring out the where a story is going but this book actually surprised me. I am looking forward to the next book!
Jerry lewis
Loved this book could no0t put it down until finished. Would read a 100 more books like this
Kim
3.5 stars. Good, entertaining book, though there were some parts that were kinda sillishly unbelievable. Too many times I felt like I was sitting in the theatre watching one of those dumb horror movies where the victim does some stupid thing and you're screaming in your head, 'no! don't go in there...stupid girl....In this book, the main character Bronwyn, was constantly running off by herself when there were people trying to kill her. I would get so frustrated with her stupidity - and it happen...more
Georgina
Two and a half to three stars.

I like the premise - it's unique, to me anyway; I haven't read anything quite like it.

What I have trouble with are the grammatical errors. I can't get past them; one or two I can forgive but this e-book is riddled with them.

Also, in my opinion, Denise Daisy's writing style is unnecessarily wordy - to me, coffee is coffee, even if you have to say it twice in one sentence; there's no need to substitute it with the words, 'hot liquid'.

I was disappointed to discover i...more
Exubias
The author's writing is absolutely beautiful to me. I love her deep descriptions and it put me in this whimsical setting that she creates. Unfortunantly those descriptions alone couldn't save this book from the horrendous and almost completely ridiculous storyline. Brownwyn as a main character is useless. She is always zoning out and leaving the group and getting caught up in some absolutely stupid situation. Personally, she is not someone I would have imagined to be a main character in a novel....more
Rachel Tsoumbakos
I found this novel to be a slow creeper at the start, but not in a bad way. It hooked you in and made you wonder what the heck was going on!

The characters were completely interesting and the main ones were developed well. All the secondary characters felt a little flat, but in the grand scheme of things, this was excusable since you were too busy trying to unravel the plot.

I haven't read a story like this in years. I found I was wanting more with each chapter. I couldn't put it down in spots, an...more
Nanci de Suffren
This is another one of those books that starts a series and, to my delight, I've discovered yet another author who has imagination and just enough whimsy to set this story above the current "flavor of the month" stories that Hollywood seems intent on making into movies. The descriptive passages bring the story alive adding to the exchange among the characters. I look forward to reading the next book.
L.W.
I didn't know what to expect but the intro sounded interesting. This is actually a very good read. Nothing was predictable and there was a lot of deep thought provoking things that is not the norm. I was intrigued by this story and was sad to see it end. I can't figure out jf a sequel would kill it, or add another dimension. I enjoyed this book very much
Cathy
Oct 31, 2012 Cathy added it
(light) but interesting concept; all the little stories we write as youngsters or young adult wanna-be authors.. somewhere those stories and characters are held in limbo; living and waiting for us to 'finish their story'
Alethea
Well, I wanted to read this book, as the plot description sounded interesting; however, the NUMEROUS grammar errors in the first 5 percent proved to be too distracting, and I had to put it down. What a shame.
Monika King
Kind of a slow read and a bit too elaborate and dramatic style. I thought it was a stand alone novel and having to read a sequel to know how everything ends is somehow disappointing.
Amanda Cowher
I love this story! It was full of romance, mystery, fantasy, and very good description. I look forward to the next two books. Denise Daisy is easily one of my new favorites.
Delta
May 11, 2014 Delta rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommended to Delta by: ereaderiq.com
Spooky, mysterious, slow moving plot but an intriguing story, light on romance, little resolved by ending--would need to read the next one for more of story...
Carrie
I think there are several errors that needing editing. It did not bother me. I really enjoyed the book. Not the typical stories I enjoy.
Heather
I loved it right up until the end. I couldn't put this down and cant wait to read read the next one!
Amanda
love this book best book I've read in years Can't wait to read the next book
Jeanette Carnes weese
Great book. I am looking forward to reading the whole series.
jessica
Loved it

Loved it

very hard to put down. a very well written book if you love fairytales. can't wait to read the other books
Caroline
I just couldn't finish this. Boring.
Cami
A breakdown leads to adventures!

Bronwyn is the screenplay writer for a traveling group whose bus driver takes a wrong turn and lands them on a mountain in the middle of nowhere. She senses something off about the whole town, but can't figure it out until strange things and old memories creep up. Will she be able to save the people who she has unwittingly brought to this dimension? free download
Toni ~married to a hunk~
I got this book for free from Amazon Prime and I was not disappointed. I thought the story line was very interesting and it moved along at a good pace. It took me 2 nights to finish it since I have been sick. I got the 2nd book in this series for free from Amazon a while ago and had to wait to borrow this one and was not disappointed in the least. Getting ready to start the next one now.
Chande
I guess you could say I liked this book I read it in one day . I just couldn't put it down. The title fits the book their are a lot of secrets in this town and I was not going to stop reading till I found them all out. That is why I read the second book in this series the next day. Mow if I could just find the 3rd one I will be set.
Trudi Jorda
I really enjoyed this fantasy! The characters were well drawn with plenty of depth and mystery. I may have to head to the library to read the next one! If you enjoy mystery, fantasy & romance all in one-- which I do-- this is a wonderful story! Hard to put down!
Amy
This book has interesting elements but also has *tons* of grammatical errors and is way too verbose. Additionally, I didn't like the 100% cliffhanger ending.
Kbee
Won't read it! YA and as cliffhangers.
Donna Arthur
Donna Arthur marked it as to-read
Jul 19, 2014
Lauren
Lauren marked it as to-read
Jul 18, 2014
Patricia Baker
Patricia Baker marked it as to-read
Jul 18, 2014
  • The Moose Jaw
  • Dead Tease (A Loon Lake Mystery, #12)
  • Some Day Somebody (La Fleur de Love, #1)
  • The Black Witch
  • The Eighth Sea
  • The Shekinah Legacy (Charlotte Ansari, #1)
  • On Unfaithful Wings (Icarus Fell, #1)
  • Powerful Magic
  • Hide'n Go Seek (Psychic Visions, #2)
  • A Horse Called September
  • More Than Memories
  • Completely Restored
  • Beyond the Quiet
  • Kisses to Remember
  • Willow Pond
  • The Charm (Olivia Hart and the Gifted Program, #1)
  • Once Was Lost
  • Gifts and Consequences
5208127
Joining the ranks of best-selling authors, Denise Daisy is described as one of the purest storytellers of all time; pulling of romance, suspense and a touch of fantasy, all in the same piece. Denise’s novels include, The Secrets of Moonshine, Haytham The Secret in the Rubble, both books are a part of her popular Moonshine Series. The third installment The Storyteller’s Secret is due out in 2013.
Th...more
More about Denise Daisy...
Haytham The Secret in the Rubble (Moonshine, #2) Thirteen for Dinner The Haret The Haret