Start by marking “The Secrets of Moonshine (Moonshine, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Secrets of Moonshine (Moonshine, #1)

The Secrets of Moonshine (Moonshine #1)

3.87  ·  Rating Details  ·  292 Ratings  ·  29 Reviews
As an aspiring author, Bronwyn never dreamed she would be writing trite, sappy love stories for a traveling drama troupe. She longs to write a compelling novel, a story striving to emerge from deep inside of her as far back as she can remember. However, she is suffering from a lack of inspiration, resulting in the most severe writer's block ever.

The reason -- her fiancé,
Published (first published May 2nd 2011)

To ask other readers questions about The Secrets of Moonshine, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Secrets of Moonshine

Maria
May 29, 2011 Maria rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this book. The story was refreshing. It had me on the edge of my seat trying to figure out what the secrets of Moonshine were. I normally am quite good at figuring out the where a story is going but this book actually surprised me. I am looking forward to the next book!
Jerry lewis
Jan 05, 2013 Jerry lewis rated it really liked it
Loved this book could no0t put it down until finished. Would read a 100 more books like this
Kim
Mar 30, 2013 Kim rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5 stars. Good, entertaining book, though there were some parts that were kinda sillishly unbelievable. Too many times I felt like I was sitting in the theatre watching one of those dumb horror movies where the victim does some stupid thing and you're screaming in your head, 'no! don't go in there...stupid girl....In this book, the main character Bronwyn, was constantly running off by herself when there were people trying to kill her. I would get so frustrated with her stupidity - and it happen ...more
Georgina
Apr 11, 2012 Georgina rated it liked it
Two and a half to three stars.

I like the premise - it's unique, to me anyway; I haven't read anything quite like it.

What I have trouble with are the grammatical errors. I can't get past them; one or two I can forgive but this e-book is riddled with them.

Also, in my opinion, Denise Daisy's writing style is unnecessarily wordy - to me, coffee is coffee, even if you have to say it twice in one sentence; there's no need to substitute it with the words, 'hot liquid'.

I was disappointed to discover i
Exubias
May 12, 2013 Exubias rated it it was ok
The author's writing is absolutely beautiful to me. I love her deep descriptions and it put me in this whimsical setting that she creates. Unfortunantly those descriptions alone couldn't save this book from the horrendous and almost completely ridiculous storyline. Brownwyn as a main character is useless. She is always zoning out and leaving the group and getting caught up in some absolutely stupid situation. Personally, she is not someone I would have imagined to be a main character in a novel. ...more
Rachel Tsoumbakos
Nov 29, 2011 Rachel Tsoumbakos rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy, mystery
I found this novel to be a slow creeper at the start, but not in a bad way. It hooked you in and made you wonder what the heck was going on!

The characters were completely interesting and the main ones were developed well. All the secondary characters felt a little flat, but in the grand scheme of things, this was excusable since you were too busy trying to unravel the plot.

I haven't read a story like this in years. I found I was wanting more with each chapter. I couldn't put it down in spots, an
Nanci de Suffren
Dec 29, 2011 Nanci de Suffren rated it it was amazing
This is another one of those books that starts a series and, to my delight, I've discovered yet another author who has imagination and just enough whimsy to set this story above the current "flavor of the month" stories that Hollywood seems intent on making into movies. The descriptive passages bring the story alive adding to the exchange among the characters. I look forward to reading the next book.
L.W.
Sep 08, 2011 L.W. rated it it was amazing
I didn't know what to expect but the intro sounded interesting. This is actually a very good read. Nothing was predictable and there was a lot of deep thought provoking things that is not the norm. I was intrigued by this story and was sad to see it end. I can't figure out jf a sequel would kill it, or add another dimension. I enjoyed this book very much
Alethea
Oct 21, 2012 Alethea rated it did not like it
Shelves: tried-to-read
Well, I wanted to read this book, as the plot description sounded interesting; however, the NUMEROUS grammar errors in the first 5 percent proved to be too distracting, and I had to put it down. What a shame.
Monika King
May 14, 2012 Monika King rated it liked it
Shelves: own, fantasy
Kind of a slow read and a bit too elaborate and dramatic style. I thought it was a stand alone novel and having to read a sequel to know how everything ends is somehow disappointing.
Amanda Cowher
Sep 07, 2012 Amanda Cowher rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
I love this story! It was full of romance, mystery, fantasy, and very good description. I look forward to the next two books. Denise Daisy is easily one of my new favorites.
Delta
May 11, 2014 Delta rated it really liked it
Recommended to Delta by: ereaderiq.com
Spooky, mysterious, slow moving plot but an intriguing story, light on romance, little resolved by ending--would need to read the next one for more of story...
Carrie
Jun 22, 2012 Carrie rated it really liked it
I think there are several errors that needing editing. It did not bother me. I really enjoyed the book. Not the typical stories I enjoy.
Heather
Jun 24, 2012 Heather rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviewed
I loved it right up until the end. I couldn't put this down and cant wait to read read the next one!
Amanda
Jul 08, 2012 Amanda rated it it was amazing
love this book best book I've read in years Can't wait to read the next book
Jeanette Carnes weese
Great book. I am looking forward to reading the whole series.
Kathryn Dayfield zakrzewski
Aug 28, 2012 Kathryn Dayfield zakrzewski rated it it was amazing
excellent
Cheryl
May 04, 2015 Cheryl rated it liked it
Shelves: kindle-edition
Didn't expect to like this as much as I did. The only reason it gets 3 instead of 4 stars is I'm on the warpath against people that use Spellcheck to edit a book. It's not "your" it's "you're". It wasn't supposed to be "conscience" but "conscious." There are so many errors like this in this book and the 2 ensuing books that it's maddening. Between society these days being comma crazy and people that can't edit a book for simple spelling errors it's enough to make a grown woman crazy.

So - back t
Stephen Belk
Nov 06, 2015 Stephen Belk rated it it was amazing
A must read for anyone

This is an amazing read. The vivid imagery evoked by the descriptions transport you to moonshine and prevent you from putting this book down. Highly suggested read
jessica
Jul 15, 2014 jessica rated it it was amazing
Loved it

Loved it

very hard to put down. a very well written book if you love fairytales. can't wait to read the other books
Caroline
Mar 20, 2014 Caroline rated it it was ok
I just couldn't finish this. Boring.
Cami
Jul 14, 2014 Cami rated it it was amazing
A breakdown leads to adventures!

Bronwyn is the screenplay writer for a traveling group whose bus driver takes a wrong turn and lands them on a mountain in the middle of nowhere. She senses something off about the whole town, but can't figure it out until strange things and old memories creep up. Will she be able to save the people who she has unwittingly brought to this dimension? free download
Toni ~married to a hunk~
Dec 05, 2012 Toni ~married to a hunk~ rated it it was amazing
I got this book for free from Amazon Prime and I was not disappointed. I thought the story line was very interesting and it moved along at a good pace. It took me 2 nights to finish it since I have been sick. I got the 2nd book in this series for free from Amazon a while ago and had to wait to borrow this one and was not disappointed in the least. Getting ready to start the next one now.
Chande
Sep 19, 2013 Chande rated it it was amazing
I guess you could say I liked this book I read it in one day . I just couldn't put it down. The title fits the book their are a lot of secrets in this town and I was not going to stop reading till I found them all out. That is why I read the second book in this series the next day. Mow if I could just find the 3rd one I will be set.
Trudi Jorda
Nov 10, 2013 Trudi Jorda rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this fantasy! The characters were well drawn with plenty of depth and mystery. I may have to head to the library to read the next one! If you enjoy mystery, fantasy & romance all in one-- which I do-- this is a wonderful story! Hard to put down!
Cathy
Oct 31, 2012 Cathy added it
(light) but interesting concept; all the little stories we write as youngsters or young adult wanna-be authors.. somewhere those stories and characters are held in limbo; living and waiting for us to 'finish their story'
Amy
Jul 20, 2012 Amy rated it liked it
This book has interesting elements but also has *tons* of grammatical errors and is way too verbose. Additionally, I didn't like the 100% cliffhanger ending.
Kbee
Nov 03, 2012 Kbee rated it did not like it
Shelves: e-books
Won't read it! YA and as cliffhangers.
HJ
Aug 30, 2013 HJ rated it did not like it
read 8/2011
Diane Graybeal
Diane Graybeal rated it it was amazing
Jul 18, 2016
  • The Moose Jaw
  • The Black Witch
  • Once Was Lost
  • Gifts and Consequences
  • Remember the Eyes (Remember the Eyes, #1)
  • Delusions of Grandeur
  • Voodoo Daddy (Virgil Jones Mystery, #1)
  • The Vampire's Last Virgin
  • Winter's Awakening: The Metahumans Emerge (Winter's Saga, #1)
  • Shadows of the Soul
  • Deep Waters
  • My Twisted Drink
  • BiteMarks
  • The Shekinah Legacy (Charlotte Ansari, #1)
  • Between Seasons
  • Childs' Proof (A Victoria Childs Novel, #1)
  • The Selkie Spell (Seal Island Trilogy #1)
  • NorthWest (John Hazard, #2)
5208127

Denise Daisy is described as one of the purest storytellers of all time; pulling of romance, suspense and a touch of the supernatural, all in the same piece. Born and raised in Tennessee, Denise Daisy sets her stories in the Deep South and her natural southern style charms all her work.
In addition to writing, Denise enjoys directing for the theater, and has brought to the stage many wonderful sto
More about Denise Daisy...

Moonshine (2 books)
  • Haytham The Secret in the Rubble (Moonshine, #2)