Start by marking “101 Gourmet Cake Bites: For All Occasions” as Want to Read:
101 Gourmet Cake Bites: For All Occasions

101 Gourmet Cake Bites: For All Occasions

4.40  ·  Rating Details  ·  70 Ratings  ·  13 Reviews
You've seen them in bakeries, you've tasted their sugary sweetness, and now you can make your very own gourmet cake bites, cake balls, and cake pops right in your kitchen! Cute and creative, cake bites are the perfect way to celebrate anniversaries, birthdays, and holidays. Featuring easy-to-follow instructions and helpful hints, you can make any day a special occasion!
Spiral, 146 pages
Published August 8th 2011 by Cedar Fort

To ask other readers questions about 101 Gourmet Cake Bites, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about 101 Gourmet Cake Bites

Heather
Aug 18, 2011 Heather rated it it was amazing
Shelves: own-hardback
I've had the opportunity to sample three different varieties of Wendy's cake bites fresh from her own making and let me tell you they are a little bit of heaven. They look like a truffle but inside lies a surprise mix of cupcake and icing. When I got her newest cookbook int he mail the first thing I feel in love with was the spiral binding which makes it easy to keep the book on the page you need to reference while cooking. The other thing I LOVE are the photos! The photographer, Marielle Hayes ...more
Kay Curtiss
Aug 13, 2011 Kay Curtiss rated it it was amazing
I love to cook and I've had fun with 101 Gourmet Cake Bites by Wendy Paul. The first batch I made was the Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup Cake Bites, on page 31. I was visiting my sister and my 5 nephews were very excited to be my "testers". I got between 60-70 cake bites from 1 mix and they devoured that batch in 1 afternoon (I was able to salvage 8 to take to the office the next day). I then showed my cousin how to make them with the Pralines and Cream Cake Bites on page 68. We made these as cake ...more
Rachel
Oct 29, 2011 Rachel rated it really liked it
Shelves: cooking
The recipes in this book takes the simplicity of a pre-packaged cake mix and builds on it with a few extra ingredients and decorating techniques to create what are known as cake balls, cake bites, cake pop, and cupcake pops. The basic concept is crumbling a baked cake and mixing it with frosting, forming a desired shape, and then coating it in melted chocolate. Further decorations all depend on the recipe and your personal preference.
There is something quite appealing about bite-size finger food
ReadingWench
Oct 19, 2011 ReadingWench rated it really liked it
A Fantastic book. This super simple recipe book is great for anyone. Parents and children alike will love making cake bites and especially eating them.

My only concern from making cake bites in the past is the sugar content. I am a sweets person and could live off of sweets the rest of my life. However, I found that many are TOO sugary. If you can find the 25% less sugar alternatives, I do recommend that.
Maria Kiguthi
Nov 06, 2013 Maria Kiguthi rated it it was amazing
I love the layout of this book. It is hard back with a spiral binding so it stays open easily while baking. There are great pictures and easy to follow instructions. As expected from the title these are recipes for cake bite or cake pops. Also included are some recipes for Icing. My favorite (so far) is Grasshopper.
Kara
Aug 14, 2012 Kara rated it it was amazing
Shelves: food-and-drink

If you have the time and resource, I heavily recommend this as a different, fun option of a dessert. A lot of differnet themes you can work with, plus many, many different types of flavors and combinations, all mouthwatering, and all temptingly bite size!
Alisa
Jan 25, 2012 Alisa rated it liked it
Shelves: cookbooks
I have only tried one of these cake pops, but this book has some fun ideas, especially for people that haven't made them before. My son wants to make the football ones :)
May 28, 2012 Jennifer rated it it was amazing
I love all the varieties of cake bites, and how easy the instructions are! I've used the frosting recipes for other things (current favorite - chocolate ganache).
Aug 28, 2012 Sarah rated it really liked it
Shelves: non-fiction
Great book with tons of simple recipes for different flavored cake bites. Focused on flavors, not decorations.
Charlene Elswick
Sep 23, 2011 Charlene Elswick rated it it was amazing
I love this cookbook everything in it looks so yummy!!!
Can't wait to get baking :)
Crystal
Sep 30, 2011 Crystal rated it it was amazing
LOVE THIS BOOK! There is so many fabulous recipes in it!
Amber
Dec 18, 2011 Amber rated it it was amazing
Awesome! So rich and delicious!
Volker
Dec 30, 2011 Volker rated it it was amazing
yummmmmmmmm
melia ivy hall
melia ivy hall marked it as to-read
Feb 02, 2016
Anayah theus Martinez
Anayah theus Martinez rated it it was amazing
Jan 26, 2016
Elisabeth Gumbetter
Elisabeth Gumbetter rated it really liked it
Jan 07, 2016
mymy
mymy rated it really liked it
Dec 26, 2015
Victoria Palazzolo
Victoria Palazzolo rated it it was amazing
Dec 10, 2015
April Lee
April Lee marked it as to-read
Dec 03, 2015
Kathryn Messerschmidt
Kathryn Messerschmidt marked it as to-read
Oct 18, 2015
Angie Hathaway Rincon
Angie Hathaway Rincon rated it it was amazing
Sep 07, 2015
merilyn
merilyn rated it it was amazing
Aug 16, 2015
Melissa Weaver
Melissa Weaver marked it as to-read
Aug 11, 2015
Denise Hines
Denise Hines rated it it was amazing
Jul 22, 2015
Michelle
Michelle rated it really liked it
Jun 27, 2015
nilsa Torres
nilsa Torres rated it really liked it
Jun 11, 2015
Silvia-otilia Mihalcea
Silvia-otilia Mihalcea marked it as to-read
Jun 02, 2015
Kim
Kim marked it as to-read
May 22, 2015
Emily
Emily marked it as to-read
May 11, 2015
  • The Boozy Baker: 75 Recipes for Spirited Sweets
  • The Pioneer Cookbook: Recipes for Today's Kitchen
  • The Art of the Cookie: Baking Up Inspiration by the Dozen
  • Breakfast Comforts (Williams-Sonoma): With Enticing Recipes for the Morning, including Favorite Dishes from Restaurants Around the Country
  • One Bowl: Simple Healthy Recipes for One
  • The Fearless Baker: Scrumptious Cakes, Pies, Cobblers, Cookies, and Quick Breads that You Can Make to Impress Your Friends and Yourself
  • Queen of Common Cents: Over 1001 Tips and Facts to Save Time and Money
  • Peas and Thank You: Simple Meatless Meals the Whole Family Will Love
  • The Lazy Gourmet: Magnificent Meals Made Easy
  • Homemade Soda
  • The Frugal Foodie Cookbook: Waste-Not Recipes for the Wise Cook
  • The Casserole Queens Cookbook: Put Some Lovin' in Your Oven with 100 Easy One-Dish Recipes
  • Booze Cakes: Confections Spiked with Spirits, Wine, and Beer