Start by marking “A Rush of Blood (Bob Skinner Mysteries)” as Want to Read:
A Rush of Blood (Bob Skinner Mysteries)

A Rush of Blood (Bob Skinner #20)

3.81 of 5 stars 3.81  ·  rating details  ·  117 ratings  ·  15 reviews
A complex tale of deception and revenge leads Skinner and his people to a bloody encounter and a dramatic confrontation...The horrific suicide of a successful Lithuanian entrepreneur rouses suspicion amongst the newly appointed Chief Constable
Published (first published February 17th 2010)

To ask other readers questions about A Rush of Blood, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Rush of Blood

Martin Sutherland
This is the first book I've read in the Skinner series, and it's a bad place to start. The cast of characters spans practically the whole of Edinburgh's CID, and all they seem to do for the first 100 pages or so is talk to each other in unnatural "as you know, Bob" info-dump style. If I had been following these characters for 20 books already, I'm sure I would enjoy seeing them all again; as it was, by the end of the book I still couldn't tell half of the characters apart.

Fortunately, about a th
Jemsparkle bibliophile
It was enjoyable. The narrative took some getting used to on account of there being a lot of detectives interconnected with the main plot on top of their personal connections but it was fun. It was gripping.
Cathy
I listened to this book and it was tough. I could not track who was who except for the guy who died at the beginning and I was curious to see who didi it and why. I found out in the 13th disc. All the sub plots and characters were way too many. Probably won't read another of this author.
Craig Gillan
Good book with all the usual characters
Jim
Well, the Observer described it as "Well Constructed, fast paced", but it was about the dullest, most turgid start to a detective fiction that I've come across. Page after weary page of senior police officers talking to each other, running over other characters' histories, absolutely nothing actually happening.

Abandoned at page 60 - fortunately it came from the library.

Absolutely dismal.
Graeme Eyre
I enjoyed this book as I have done with all the Skinner Series. However it is the first of the series that I have read in over a year so it took a while to get back into the series. I would not recommend this book unless you have read the others in the series. The plot really grabbed me though I and I read the entire book in a 24 hour period.
Mary Kay
Police procedural from Scotland with an interesting twist: the main character is the Chief Constable. There are WAY too many characters in this book!
Ryan Scott
Finally tapped out at the 150 page mark. Just wasn't working for me. Might try another volume from earlier in the series at a later date.
Alison
I liked coming back to all the familiar characters plus some new additions. Though the story line didn't much appeal to me.
David
A good read but detect a bit of Rebus in this one with Skinner having a relationship with a jailed Godfather figure.
Lizzy
an exciting fast moving book that made you want to keep reading and Bob Skinner won in the end. A good book.
stan
Once again Skinner And Co. score Riveting story and once again the end is so unusual
Walter
Enjoyed this as usual. Skinners exploits are always a good read.
Marie
Not one of the better entries in the series.
hunter
hunter marked it as to-read
Aug 18, 2015
Courtney
Courtney marked it as to-read
Jul 04, 2015
Lora
Lora marked it as to-read
Jul 04, 2015
Craig Gillan
Craig Gillan marked it as to-read
Jun 03, 2015
Joanne Hurley
Joanne Hurley marked it as to-read
May 15, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • An Unhallowed Grave (Wesley Peterson, #3)
  • Hollywood Hills (Hollywood Station, #4)
  • The Picasso Scam (Charlie Priest, #1)
  • Waiting for Joe
  • The Sacred Cut (Nic Costa, #3)
  • The Drop
  • Coming Back
  • The Bird That Did Not Sing (DCI Lorimer)
  • Partners in Crime
  • Blood Eagle (Jan Fabel, #1)
  • A Good Hanging: Short Stories
  • The Black Rose Of Florence
  • A Stain on the Silence
  • The Cleansing
  • Jacquot and the Angel
  • Chain of Evidence (Inspector Challis, #4)
  • Undercurrents
  • Dead Of Winter
Quintin Jardine is the author of two much-acclaimed and best-selling series of detective novels, as Eddie Bell and Pat Lomax, his agents, can be heard proclaiming to anyone who is listening, at book festivals around the world.

QJ is a crusty but urbane Scot, in his prime, and done with disclosing his age. (What’s that got to do with it anyway?) He was born in Motherwell, Lanarkshire, and educated
More about Quintin Jardine...

Bob Skinner (1 - 10 of 26 books)
  • Skinner's Rules