Start by marking “Dangerous Desire” as Want to Read:
Dangerous Desire

Dangerous Desire

3.45 of 5 stars 3.45  ·  rating details  ·  20 ratings  ·  16 reviews
Sometimes you have to lose one thing to find another.Sienna Diaz is desperate to find her missing beagle, no matter what it costs. She hires Cruz Santino, the best-and hottest-in the business. He's an ex cop, dangerous on many levels, which comes in handy when all evidence indicates her beloved pet was snatched to use in a dogfighting ring. Cruz will do whatever it takes t ...more
Published July 18th 2011 by Lyrical Press, Inc. (first published July 12th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Dangerous Desire, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dangerous Desire

Stella
I have to confess that when I first heard of Dangerous Desire and its premise (a pet detective) I thought it would be a comical read. Well I couldn't have been more wrong.

Though it is a contemporary romance, Dangerous Desire is full of thrill and suspense and it explores crimes not for the faint-hearted (animal cruelty and dog fights) with well detailed and realistic storytelling.

Diane Escalera's easy and entertaining writing will keep the reader glued to the page. The sizzling attraction betwee
Angie
Synopsis: "Sienna Diaz is desperate to find her missing beagle, no matter what it costs. She hires Cruz Santino, the best-and hottest-in the business. He's an ex cop, dangerous on many levels, which comes in handy when all evidence indicates her beloved pet was snatched to use in a dogfighting ring.

Cruz will do whatever it takes to find Sienna's lost pet, but he also wants results from the smokin' hot attraction between them-and he isn't above breaking his own hands-off-clients rule to get ther
LWB Marissa

My review:

First line of story:

"What a crappy day. If one more thing went wrong, Sienna Diaz would scream so loud she'd pop an artery."

When Sienna Diaz comes home from work she discovers her house has been trashed and her beloved dog, Zola, is missing. Desperate as she is, she hires Cruz Santino, an ex-cop who now tracks down missing pets for a living. He quickly discovers that her dog was stolen for a purpose, to be bait in the dog fighting industry. Sienna will do whatever it takes to get her p
Mrs. Badass
3.5/5. I can't round up to four. There were some issues with the writing. I'll write about them further down.

The book itself is really cute and hot. Not my usual reading material, and I had a harder time relating to the heroine Sienna because I'm not a dog lover. I like animals, but I don't have any desire to own a dog. Sienna and Cruz both loved their dogs. Like children. Babied them, kissed them, fretted about them. I don't have that drive. Please don't hate me!

Sienna was married for 18 years
Nikki Brandyberry
Dangerous Desire gave me a story that was unique, which I always enjoy. For that alone I liked it right off the bat. The characters of Sienna and Cruz were so cute together. I loved that they were a bit older than the age group you get when reading most romances. At the upper end of 30, Sienna isn’t thinking about meeting a man. In fact she has kinda sworn them off. Actually she’s had a horrible day ending with finding her dog gone and her house ransacked.

Cruz is the best pet detective in town.
Alyssa
Review posted at Hesperia Loves Books

3.75/5 Stars

I REALLY enjoyed this book! With the exception of some minor editing glitches, this is a fabulous read and my first by Diane Escalara.

Sienna came home from work to find her house broken into and her beloved beagle, Zola, missing. After searching all night with no luck finding her, Sienna takes the advice of a friend and contacts a professional. From the first moment she meets Cruz, there is an instant connection, could he be the one she's waited h
Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog)
Posted on Under the Covers

I really enjoyed reading this one! At first, I was a little skeptical about the whole pet detective thing. I wasn’t sure how something like this would hold my attention, but I was thrilled to admit that I loved it!

Dangerous Desire starts off when Sienna Diaz comes home after losing her job. She hopes to gain some comfort from her little Beagle Zola, but instead she finds her home broken into and her precious Zola gone! In an effort to get her little Zola back, she con
Elaine
When I first started this book, I was concerned I would not be able to finish it. I am an animal lover and dog fighting is part of the plot line. Fortunately, it is not too graphic in that area and definitely represents the evils of the “sport.”

The sex, however, is graphic . . . and hot. There is a plot to the story, so it is not just one sex scene after another. I particularly enjoyed the scenes where Sienna tries to check Cruz out without him noticing. It never seemed to work. Whenever, she lo
Inky Reviewer
(http://freshinkreviews.com/2011/08/re...)

Online blurb:
Sometimes you have to lose one thing to find another.

Sienna Diaz is desperate to find her missing beagle, no matter what it costs. She hires Cruz Santino, the best—and hottest—in the business. He’s an ex cop, dangerous on many levels, which comes in handy when all evidence indicates her beloved pet was snatched to use in a dogfighting ring.

Cruz will do whatever it takes to find Sienna’s lost pet, but he also wants results from the smokin’ ho
FicTalk Blog
Reviewed by Lisa

Sienna Diaz has had a hard day. Nothing went right and she just found out that she will be laid off soon. She just wanted to go home and relax with her beagle, Zola. But as she pulled into her driveway, she realized that something was not right. Her beloved little Zola, who usually peeks through the window as her owner comes home everyday, is not in her spot.

Sienna, fearing the worst, rushes out of her SUV and into her house. She finds her front door wide open and that her house
Dannielle
I really enjoyed this book. And Sienna and Cruz were really hot together. I also liked the storyline, and the fact that Cruz investigates missing animals. Ace Ventura he is not though!

The one thing that was sort of hard for me to grasp was Sienna's absolute devastation over her dog's disappearance. And then having to insert herself into the investigation. Things all worked out with her tagging along with Cruz. I was just sort of left floundering trying to understand her extreme emotions and dec
Diane Escalera
Jul 13, 2011 Diane Escalera rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  (Review from the author)
A review for Dangerous Desire posted July 2, 2011 on SizzlingHotBooks.net.

5 Hearts! Sienna and Cruz and the supporting cast are very likeable characters; they felt very real and down to earth. I actually hope Diane Escalera has plans to involve some of them in a future book. Dangerous Desire had me laughing and angry all within a few pages. Dangerous Desire is a witty romance with enough sizzle to need a fan at times. It is both heart-breaking and heart-warming for any animal lover.
Lisa (Fic Talk)
A solid 3 stars. A little slow to start, but it picked up not long after and I liked it overall. Little things bothered me but in the end I was okay with the way things turned out.
A quick read, a hot male lead, and a feisty heroine with a nice, couple with bit of sexual tension and a rather hot sexy time scene all in a nice little package.

More in-depth review to be posted on fic-talk.com.
Trish
Aug 19, 2011 Trish rated it 2 of 5 stars
Shelves: 2011
**Review to come**
Tracey
Tracey marked it as to-read
Oct 30, 2014
Kathy
Kathy marked it as to-read
Oct 11, 2014
Rehan
Rehan marked it as to-read
Sep 02, 2014
Raycad15
Raycad15 marked it as to-read
Aug 05, 2014
Desi Alonso
Desi Alonso marked it as to-read
Jun 17, 2014
Jennifer marked it as to-read
Nov 18, 2013
Kirstie
Kirstie marked it as to-read
Jul 13, 2013
Rhonda
Rhonda marked it as to-read
Jun 04, 2013
Keira
Keira marked it as to-read
Jan 24, 2013
Mine
Mine marked it as to-read
Aug 13, 2012
Paige (TheBookVulture)
Paige (TheBookVulture) marked it as to-read
Aug 12, 2012
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Romantic Suspense: Major Party and Giveaways 1 12 Aug 24, 2011 06:20AM
Contemporary Romance: Major Party and Giveaways 1 13 Aug 24, 2011 06:17AM
Romantic Suspense: Smokin' Hot Giveaway 1 15 Aug 23, 2011 11:45AM
Born and raised in the Bronx, NY, Diane Escalera makes her home in coastal North Carolina. The sultry surroundings are a steady source of inspiration for her hot love stories. Diane is married, has two children and a super cute dachshund she can’t get enough of. She writes contemporary romance and is published with Kensington Publishing and Lyrical Press.
More about Diane Escalera...
The Right Temptation (Latin Heat Trilogy #2) Still Hot for You (Latin Heat Trilogy #1) Playing With Destiny (Latin Heat Trilogy #3) Innocent Lies (Encanto (English)) Dangerous Heat