BestsellerBound Anthology (BestsellerBound, #1)

BestsellerBound Anthology (BestsellerBound, #1)

3.85 of 5 stars 3.85  ·  rating details  ·  48 ratings  ·  17 reviews
A collection of tales by a variety of authors.

Wish Upon A Star by Lainey Bancroft
The First Texas Twister by Magnolia Belle
Shadow Lantern by Gareth Lewis
Stained by Amy Saunder...more
Published May 25th 2011 by Darcia Helle, via Smashwords

Nine Stories by J.D. SalingerThe Complete Stories and Poems by Edgar Allan PoeA Good Man is Hard to Find and Other Stories by Flannery O'ConnorDubliners by James JoyceThe Martian Chronicles by Ray Bradbury
Collections of Short Stories
113th out of 1,597 books — 1,236 voters
No Justice by Darcia HelleEnemies and Playmates by Darcia HelleThe Cutting Edge by Darcia HelleBestsellerBound Short Story Anthology Volume 2 by Darcia HelleInto The Light by Darcia Helle
Great Books by BestsellerBound Authors
10th out of 81 books — 15 voters

More lists with this book...

Darcia Helle
One of my short stories is included in this anthology but my rating/review is for the other nine. This collection of stories, written by incredibly talented indie authors, encompasses a variety of genres, from romance to suspense/thriller to speculative fiction. You'll find a little something for every reader's taste. This collection is a great introduction to authors you might not have read before, as well as a treat from authors you might already know. And it's free! You can download the ebook...more
Jess Scott
A refreshing and concise anthology--I enjoy "variety" in both life and literature, and I enjoy anthologies such as this one because of the diversity offered.

This introduces the reader to different genres and narratives styles, something which I greatly appreciate. Commercial mainstream fiction tends to be more homogenous than original/innovative, which is why anthologies such as this are great to introduce new readers to a range of independent writers/authors. In the independent scene, a writer...more
Maria
May 30, 2011 Maria rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  (Review from the author)

Wish Upon A Star by Lainey Bancroft

Tears For Hesh by J. Michael Radcliffe
An entertaining fantasy tale, containing wizards, magic, curses, and spells. Hesh is a likeable...more
Sharon
May 26, 2011 Sharon rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  (Review from the author)
As I have a story in this anthology, my review applies to the other nine tales.

The "Bestseller Bound Anthology" has something for everyone. Genres range among science fiction, modern romance, historical fiction, crime and Westerns ... with a few stops in between. There are no "duds" in this collection. My favorite story of the lot was "The First Texas Twister," which incorporates elements of Western and supernatural fiction.

Well-done across the board and definitely worth your time to read.
Jaime
Ten shorts from different genres and all for free? Well done. This book is like a tasting platter at a lovely restaurant; not everything was quite to my tastes, but I'm glad that I gave it a try.
J. Michael Radcliffe
May 30, 2011 J. Michael Radcliffe rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  (Review from the author)
As a contributing author, my review applies to the other nine tales in this anthology. I am very humbled to appear among such a talented group of writers. Although the anthology covers a wide range of genres/settings, the writing is strong and characters well developed. I thoroughly enjoyed all of the tales and highly recommend seeking out these authors in the genres you enjoy!
J.R.
An enjoyable collection of varied tales by an imaginative/talented group of writers. There's something here to meet most every reading taste.
Maria
Jul 31, 2011 Maria rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
One of my short stories is featured in this collection, 'Flames'. My review does not include that story. This is a diverse collection of stories, there's something for everyone in this anthology.
'Wish Upon A Star' by Lainey Bancroft An insightful tale about a gifted singer who falls prey to the ravages of fame. Lainey is an author who understands the human psyche well.
'Tears For Hesh' by J. Michael Radcliffe An entertaining fantasy tale, containing wizards, magic, curses, and spells. Hesh is a l...more
Doug DePew
Sep 27, 2011 Doug DePew rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Anyone who enjoys a variety of short stories
Recommended to Doug by: Maria Savva
This is a short story anthology by a group of very talented authors. All of the stories were enjoyable and well written. I enjoyed the entire collection. I found some stories more enjoyable than others, but I'm not sure if that was because of the story or because they fell more into genres I generally read. Several of the stories had quite interesting twists.

I was impressed by the variety in this collection. It ranged from romance to suspense to fantasy...even a folk tale! That kept it fresh fr...more
Cathy
Free for Kindle.
Collection of 10 short stories - varying style and ability.

Wish Upon a Star by Lainey Bancroft was about a young singer who abuses her gift and suffers the consequences. 3 stars.

Tears for Hesh by J. Michael Radcliffe was very sad and touching. I really felt emotion for the main character in a very short time. Hesh, a 7-foot awkward servant for an evil wizard suffers a horrible fate when he learns his master's plans for murder. 4 stars.

Minor Details by Jaleta Clegg was very funny....more
Jess Scott

Doug DePew
Sep 25, 2011 Doug DePew rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Anyone looking for a sampling from talented authors

Michi
Mar 01, 2012 Michi rated it 1 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: no one
It was free, so I can't complain too much, but...

Torturing a heroine beyond all belief does not endear her to readers; it makes the story painful to read.

Enemies should not have long conversations with potential threats to their existence. It seems a very silly way to stage an info-dump.

Claiming that your fiction is a powerful, literary experience in your author's notes is highly pretentious and off-putting.

Some stories were too insipid and boring to finish.

All in all, the title for the antholo...more
Stacy Juba
What an impressive anthology of stories. This collection contains short stories from a variety of genres and you're sure to discover talented new authors for your to-read list. I read it in a weekend and was always disappointed to finish a story, thinking the next one couldn't possibly reel me in as much as the previous one, but I was wrong. The Bestseller Bound collection had me hooked from page one until the end.
Rade
This collection was alright, nothing to brag about. It is short, free (Kindle users), and somewhat entertaining. The writing is good and most of the stories are grounded in reality, giving them a believable tone. I also found two of the stories in this collection to be totally pointless (not mentioning the names though). My favorite one was Tears for Hesh, a fantasy tale of magic and ultimate betrayel).
Jill
A few good, a few so-so.
Jernee
Jernee marked it as to-read
Jul 07, 2014
Wendy Christine Allen
Wendy Christine Allen marked it as to-read
Jul 07, 2014
Anna
Anna added it
Jul 03, 2014
Alan Jones
Alan Jones marked it as to-read
Jul 01, 2014
Amanda
Amanda added it
Jul 01, 2014
Brittney
Brittney marked it as to-read
Jun 26, 2014
Kendra
Kendra marked it as to-read
Jun 25, 2014
jennifer dennison
jennifer dennison marked it as to-read
Jun 21, 2014
Kim Ramsey coate
Kim Ramsey coate marked it as to-read
Jun 19, 2014
Shannon Mccullock
Shannon Mccullock marked it as to-read
Jun 15, 2014
Kme_17
Kme_17 marked it as to-read
Jun 12, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
I write because the characters trespassing through my mind leave me no alternative.

Words are my addiction. I love to read; fiction, nonfiction, cereal boxes, ingredient labels. If it has words, I'll read it.

I am originally from Massachusetts and now live in the Tampa Bay area of Florida. I'm married, with 2 sons, a beautiful new granddaughter, and 5 very spoiled animals.

As well as finding me here...more
More about Darcia Helle...
Enemies and Playmates The Cutting Edge Hit List The First Kill No Justice: A Michael Sykora Novel