Start by marking “Miles To Go (Love In Xxchange, #2)” as Want to Read:
Miles To Go (Love In Xxchange, #2)

Miles To Go (Love in Xxchange #2)

Max Jenkins watched enviously as the love between his employers, Rory and Chance blossomed. He never thought to have someone of his own to hold until Bo shook up Max’s world and made him question everything he believed he knew about himself.

What might seem like an impossible dream for two wounded men can be a reality if they’ll only believe—in each other, and themselves.

Ma
Published June 20th 2011 by Total-E-Bound

To ask other readers questions about Miles To Go, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Miles To Go

Faith & Fidelity by Tere MichaelsHot Head by Damon SuedePromises by Marie SextonCrossing Borders by Z.A. MaxfieldZero at the Bone by Jane Seville
Best Gay "Virginal" Characters
284th out of 632 books — 918 voters
Cut & Run by Abigail RouxFaith & Fidelity by Tere MichaelsSticks & Stones by Abigail RouxFish & Chips by Abigail RouxArmed & Dangerous by Abigail Roux
Gay and Sexy Characters 40+
167th out of 300 books — 348 voters

More lists with this book...

Christy Duke
Sep 22, 2013 Christy Duke rated it really liked it
Book series really appeal to me, and have since I was a teenager, because I love being able to revisit characters from prior books, watch new interactions, and meet new characters who will continue into future books. I've always thought that a great book series made me feel like I was sitting down with family, and for that reason, they are often comfort reads for me. 'Miles to Go' is the second installment in the 'Love in Xxchange' series by Bailey Bradford and it can be read as a stand alone, ...more
Veronica /  V
Jun 04, 2013 Veronica / V rated it really liked it
Bo and Max are the most lovely couple you could ever read in a story, specially Max.
The only person who spoil this story for me was Annabelle, the most annoying creature that I wish she wasn't part of the story at all.
Lena Grey
Sep 30, 2011 Lena Grey rated it really liked it
'Miles to Go' by Bailey Bradford is the sequel to 'Rory's Last Chance', in the 'Love in Xxchange Series'. I enjoy revisiting characters I've become fond of in previous books. I like to see the progress they've made as their series continues. I was pleased to see that Rory and Chance, introduced in the previous story, were still together and thriving. I enjoyed learning more about Annabelle, Rory's sister. It was clear that she was a force to be reckoned with, but she turned out to be even more ...more
Phaney
Nov 27, 2014 Phaney rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m, oh-yes
2014 Re-read:

I’m not hugely thrilled with the retcon about the interactions Max and Bo had in the previous book, but in this case I found that fairly easy to ignore once I set my mind to it.

What remains is a cute story about two not entirely romance-typical men. Poor guys – both are obviously messed up because, yay, the author cannot resist the traumatic/violent past or even present.

Max was endearing off the bat, but Bo – despite a late viewpoint – turned out especially well, considering his awf
Karen
Apr 19, 2016 Karen rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-mm
Broken...broken...so very broken...I'm not sure when the last time was that I read a book with two such beautiful but damaged souls in it. I ached so much for the MC's, two men who came from such pathetic excuses for a family each seeming to be irreparably damaged and yet each seeing into the others heart and finding love.

Bo and Max on the surface were so different, Bo was the throw away child that no one seemed to want, who substituted sex for love and Max was the abused child whose parents ha
Gigi
Feb 23, 2013 Gigi rated it really liked it
Will need to re-read. But I remember enjoying this one.
Sylvia
Sep 28, 2016 Sylvia rated it liked it
3 stars
Kelly H. (Maybedog)

This is how my notes started:

This is awesome. A hospital scene without the hospital. The guy's in the hospital, and I'm getting all that scared he's going to die stuff and it's great!

Max is a great character. The author really has him down, his mannerisms, his way of talking, his feelings. I love that he's not the brightest bulb but such a good man.

Tarantulas are poisonous, it's just that the toxin of most species isn't really dangerous to humans.

No normal bed is bigger than twin beds
SueM
(2.5 stars)
An average M/M romance about two men, both over 40 (which was nice for a change) and both scarred by their childhood.

Max, at 43, is still a virgin, something that is in part due to his parents violently enforced view that sex was dirty, had long considered himself asexual, until he meets Bo. Bo stirs up all sorts of feelings and desires that at first Max has difficulty in recognizing.

Bo's childhood, on the other hand, had led him to become, in his words, a slut, where one-night stan
Kerry  sullivan
Jun 08, 2012 Kerry sullivan rated it it was amazing
Shelves: gblt, romance
This book was reviewed for Musings of a bookworm

This was such a sweet tale of two very damaged men finding love with each other. What I liked most about this was the fact Max had given up on the idea of finding love because he had never been attracted to anyone before so assumed he just wasn't built that way. Then you have Bo who thought he wasn't good enough for long term, never to be Mr right only ever Mr right now. So watching these two men come together was a real treat because they both ha
Bradley Mathis-Krone
Once again Ms. Bradford has once again delivered a absolute page burning rabbit hole of a story. After the first book your hooked, and in the second book you find your self so invested in the lives of the characters you can't put the book down until you know what happens in the end. But then you find your self crying it's over and have to rush to get the next one... And then the cycle starts all over again. So needless to say I fill this must be a TBR!!!

Miles To Go (Love In Xxchange, #2) by Bailey Bradford
Merith
Sep 18, 2011 Merith rated it really liked it
What I loved about this story, what pushed it from a solid three stars to a four, is the way the author brought us Max without hitting us over the head with him. It was a slow introduction, methodical and quiet - like Max is. By the time Bo moves into the bunkhouse, I felt like I knew Max, and how he'd react to situations and loved him for who he was.

The rest of the story - Bo and his attack, his seduction of Max, Annabelle getting in their way, and even Rory's and Chance's interference - was ju
Pam
There was definitely simmering under the surface of the relationship of Bo and Max in the first release and here we get to see it come to a full rolling boil. The liked the characters, the pacing was smooth and having Rory and Chance return was a nice touch. My complaint is how they treated Max at times. Yes he might have been sexually inexperienced but he was still an adult and didn't deserve to be cross examined like a teenager.
Maya
Jun 23, 2011 Maya rated it really liked it
For some reason the way Rory and Chance treated the Max creeped me out. He is a forty-three year old guy who was getting quizzed like a teenager.

I like the over all story and I liked the way that the author built up the characters. I just found myself a little...not into it. It could be just that I was thinking about another (non-fiction) book that I was reading.
Melanie~~
Jun 21, 2012 Melanie~~ rated it liked it
This story took me a little while to get into. I didn't connect with either Max or Bo at first. I finally did and enjoyed the rest of the book.

Some of the resolution seemed very quick. I suspect that some of that was due to not having a clear sense of time passing within the story.

Enjoyable enough to keep reading the series.
Ferdy Paz
Jan 13, 2013 Ferdy Paz rated it liked it
Shelves: hot-cowboys
I enjoyed this book so much more than the first book of the series, not so much because of the story - but because I liked Max and Bo so much, they are both endearing and captivating, particularly Max.
Rachel
Jul 07, 2011 Rachel rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this one, possibly more than the first book in the series. I loved Bo and Max, how damaged and broken they are and how they both healed with each other. Annabelle was an enjoyable character and I liked seeing Rory and Chance back as well. I am really enjoying this series!
Amanda
These books are like candy, I just can't stop after reading one. They are a little fast paced, insta-love type, but a good fast read.
Aidee Ladnier
Mar 29, 2012 Aidee Ladnier rated it it was amazing
I really liked quiet Max and over-the-top Bo. They were such opposites but when it came right down to it, they had everything they needed in common.
Blackravens Reviews
Aug 26, 2011 Blackravens Reviews rated it really liked it
Miles to Go by Bailey Bradford is a perfect blend of highly erotic sex and sweet romance. To read this review in its entirety, please visit http://www.blackravensreviews.com/?p=...
Kira
Jun 27, 2011 Kira rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m, cowboys

Interesting story. Loved the characters. It didn't wow me but it certainly is a good story for anyone who likes contemporary "western" and a bit different characters. :)
Joanne Mears
Joanne Mears rated it really liked it
Jan 07, 2016
Murksiuke
Murksiuke rated it liked it
Sep 18, 2014
Heather
Heather rated it liked it
Mar 21, 2016
Andy
Andy rated it it was amazing
Aug 30, 2015
Kathy
Kathy rated it really liked it
Jul 30, 2011
Kat
Kat rated it liked it
Dec 07, 2012
Dee
Dee rated it really liked it
Jun 13, 2012
Tracy
Tracy rated it it was amazing
Aug 19, 2011
Rachael
Rachael rated it liked it
Oct 19, 2012
  • Shy Cowboy (Uncommon Cowboys, #3)
  • Leaving Home (Home, #4)
  • Morning Report (Morning Report, #1)
  • The Cowboy Poet
  • No Commitment Necessary (Encounters, #2)
  • Tyler's Cowboy (Cowboy Lovin' #1)
  • Red Skies
  • An Unsettled Range (Range, #3)
  • Spring (Seasons of Love,  #1)
  • Long Tall Drink
  • Stone Canyon
  • Hanging Chad (Willow Springs Ranch #4)
  • Clouds and Rain (Clouds and Rain #1)
A few things about me...

I am a married mom of four who spends most of the day writing, either on stories or at the blog. I love to write as much as I love to read. I am generally quiet and laid back, choosing to let things slide off me rather than stick and irritate me.

And it's really hard trying to think of descriptives for myself, so I'll just let y'all e-mail me or comment at the blog if there'
More about Bailey Bradford...

Love in Xxchange (10 books)
  • Rory's Last Chance (Love in Xxchange, #1)
  • Bend (Love In Xxchange, #3)
  • What Matters Most (Love In Xxchange, #4)
  • Ex's and O's (Love in Xxchange, #5)
  • A Bit Of Me (Love in Xxchange, #6)
  • A Bit of You (Love in Xxchange, #7)
  • In My Arms Tonight (Love in XXchange, #8)
  • Where There's A Will (Love in Xxchange, #9)
  • My Heart to Keep (Love in Xxchange, #10)