Uprooted

4.6 of 5 stars 4.60  ·  rating details  ·  5 ratings  ·  3 reviews
Chapbook, 32 pages
Published March 2011 by Strange Publications

Troy Blackford
Three short stories - from three different phases of Mr. Rapino's career - 'Uprooted' is a look at love, pain, loss, and connections. Connections between people, between worlds, between things - even connections between connections are glimpsed here.

The collection starts out with the longest and the centerpiece - 'Uprooted.' It's a tale of what holds us together, what can take us apart - and the strangely simple, little things that make the whole thing worthwhile. Rapino is especially effective...more
K.V. Taylor
4.333, more like. It's a shame these chapbooks have to have a limited run, but I gotta say I'm proud of myself for picking this one up before time ran out. First of all, the design is gorgeous.

And then there's the stuff inside. So I vaguely know Tony Rapino from around and about the horror blogger scene, and he's a cool guy. Let me just throw that disclaimer out there before I start telling you why I liked this.

And now here's why: it was the embodiment of that term you really, really want in you...more
Mary Rajotte
This little chapbook is a gem, offering 3 different stories that provide a delightfully dark sampling of Tony’s writing.

For my full review, check out Bloody Bookish!
Tom Landrith
Tom Landrith marked it as to-read
Jul 02, 2014
Sandy Musick
Sandy Musick marked it as to-read
Nov 07, 2011
Anthony Rapino
Jul 20, 2011 Anthony Rapino added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Anthony J. Rapino resides in Northeastern Pennsylvania, somewhere between the concrete of the city and the trees of the forest. On occasion, you’ll find him moderating the feverish battles between the creatures of these two arenas. Whose side he’s on is anyone’s guess.

His debut novel, Soundtrack to the End of the World, is now available for purchase, as is his short story collection, Welcome to Mo...more
More about Anthony J. Rapino...
Welcome to Moon Hill Soundtrack to the End of the World Loosely Enforced Rules Reality Engineers Arcane