Start by marking “Waltz of Seduction” as Want to Read:
Waltz of Seduction

Waltz of Seduction

3.93 of 5 stars 3.93  ·  rating details  ·  71 ratings  ·  29 reviews
****EROTICA ROMANCE ~ SHORT NOVELLA 10K Word Count****

A painful personal experience makes Lord Lockhart believe that a gentleman doesn't inflict his passionate desires on a wife. The marriage bed is for begetting heirs, not animal lust. No matter how much he desires his wife. But under Lady Lockhart's shyness is a determination to tempt her handsome husband, to satisfy the
Published May 2011 by Ellora's Cave

To ask other readers questions about Waltz of Seduction, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Waltz of Seduction

.þµŋψà. [Punya Reviews...]
Lady Raven RAVE!
BRIEF SUMMARY
Colin has been married to Sara for a few months but shows no emotion towards her. He is very attracted to Sara, but is showing restraints involving any emotional or physical attraction to her because of his past. Sara believes that he might have regretted marrying her, as she believes herself to be plain.

THOUGHTS
I was split in the middle with this book in the beginning, but the more I read about Colin and Sara, I fell in love with both characters. His reasons and treatment of Sara
Dawn Sullivan
The Following review is my opinion and not a paid review.

(Spoilers)

Oh wow, Natasha has done it again with this historical erotica of husband and wife finding passion in eachothers arms.
Its like a fairy tale with a real life twist to it.

This story made me think sweet, soft and delicate but it was also so wild and erotic too.
The combination makes me melt.

Colin, a sexy and secretly passionate man hiding his wants and desires from his wife. He believes that his wife shouldnt be subjected to his
Mei
A very short and very sweet romance! I know that it is rated as erotica, and there were some spicy s*ex scenes, but it IS absolutely a sweet love story! You can just feel the love and passion in both H and h!
I suspect that in that historical period the misconception about s*ex were just like it is described here. It's actually sad to think that some of the marriages could be happily resolved like this one, if only the partners could talk about the problems.
Well, it was a short and nice read!
Kiru Taye
A sexy quick read. Once you get started, you won't put it down till your done reading it. A well researched historical romance about married life in that era. I look forward to reading more from this author.
R
What a wonderful Regency. It was well researched and matched how a marriage would be carried out in that period. It is a must read. I purchased this book on my own and was not given it by the author.
Rustye
I never knew the waltz could be so sexy! A great short story of a couple learning to communicate and move past the restrictions of their time. Very well done!
Wendi Zwaduk
Great read with enticing characters that I wanted to get to know more. Engrossing for those who love a hot, steamy read.
Jess the Romanceaholic
Using "lathe" instead of "lave" is just as bad as using "waste" instead of "waist" in my mind. Two completely different words, two completely different meanings. -1 star for that. Blech.

I love the premise -- marriage based on practical reasons (he a penniless lord, she a wealthy daughter of a merchant), she thinks he doesn't want her, he thinks it's wrong to be lustful with a wife.

Unfortunately, it just fell a bit flat for me. I think with very steamy lovemaking (there was crude language, ligh
SATIN SUE
In this book we see two people who are just married, not sure on how to deal with things. doing what they think is best rather then asking the other. Sarah longs for the passions that is meant to come with having a husband. she wants him to want her the way she wants him. but little does she know he wants her far more then she realises. Colin is struggling not to go to his new wife. thinking he has no right to go to her as often as he wants. he thinks his wife deserves more then to have him forc ...more
Cocktails and Books
Who would have thought that waltzing lessons would lead to a husband overcoming is sexual hang ups regarding his wife, but that is exactly what happens in this very quick, very sexy read.

Lord Lockhart learned at a young, impressionable age that a man should never engage in any type of passion with one's wife and promised his sister that he would treat his wife with the upmost respect. Of course, when a man finds himself in love with his wife and wildly attracted to her, it does pose a problem wh
Danielle
What a great, sexy short read. This is my first book by Natasha Blackthorne that I have read and I was delighted and asking myself what took me so long. Lady and Lord Lockhardt have been married for three months with very little sex life to speak of. Lady Lockhardt has taken advice from her friends on how to dress to entice her husband into bed but he doesn't seem to notice but he does notice that she refuses to waltz with him at any of the balls. Lord Lockhardt has a bad personal experience tha ...more
Sheila
Sara wants more of her husband’s attention in bed as well as out of it in Natasha Blackthorne’s WALTZ OF SEDUCTION. Colin heard his sister tell of the degradation of the marriage bed when he was young and determined then never to put his own wife through those degradations. Sara will do anything to bring Colin to her bed more often and Colin is trying to keep his animal urges away from him. Finally one ball when Sara wears red and other men look at her, Colin realizes he must make others see her ...more
A.R. Von
A short, sensual and seductive read about a married couple (practically still newlyweds) that is still holding back their passion for one another and it all starts to come together with a simple lesson to waltz. I found the journey they completed very endearing and was not able to stop turning the pages until there were no more to turn. It’s a completely satisfying read for a novella.

Colin adores his wife Sara and wants to show her as much in a multitude of ways. But what he is thinking is cons
Karla V
Lady Sarah Lockheart wants nothing more than to tempt her husband. But nothing she tries seems to do the trick. Lord Colin Lockheart remains distant. He actually pays more attention to his clocks and star-gazing than he does her.

Sarah thinks herself very plain and comes from a commoner's family. She wonders if the only reason her husband married her was because of the money she brought from her family. Why is it that hardly ever visits her chamber, and why are his visits so brief? It seems as i
Judy & Marianne from Long and Short Reviews
Originally posted at: http://whippedcream2.blogspot.com/201...

Lady Sara Lockhart wants nothing more than her husband, Lord Lockhart, to notice her and for them to be husband and wife both in and outside the bedroom.

A confession up front…I’m a huge fan of anything based in the Regency so I enjoyed this story in part because it offered a good sense of the setting and time. Most of the conflict stems from the attitudes toward women and wives during this period--the fact that many husbands did not v
Romancing the Book
Reviewed By: Sarah L.
Review Copy Provided By: Publisher
Here is a tale of two newlyweds who, rather than communicate their desires, wants and needs to each other, base their interactions on how they believe the other wishes to be treated. The sadness and frustrations Sara and Colin are feeling are very evident. Upon the advice of friends, Sara wears a new ball gown in a risqué color hoping to tempt her husband. Sure enough, when Colin sees the reaction from other men he realizes he needs to stake
C. Zampa
Nobody does the classic, sensual Regency tale of the brooding, dark lord who drives the heroine---not to mention the reader---crazy with romantic anticipation as Natasha Blackthorne!

This quick read was luscious, sexy, fun.

A shy young bride, cringing at the mere thought of having to waltz in front of spectators at dances.

A chilly-at-first, gloriously sexy husband who decides to teach his wife to waltz for purely selfish reasons---so that all the men's longing gazes at his beautiful wife will fi
Reading Romances
This is the debut novella by Natasha Blackthorne. Waltz of seduction is the sweetest erotic romance I’ve ever read! The love between the couple is so pure, genuine and full or respect, that you completely surrender to the story being told. Love, love, love!

It’s one of those books you think about and make you smile. It has became dear to me. And all bow to Natasha Blackthorne!

(I have given this book The Golden Award – This is a very rare award! This one is given only to the best of the best. The
Bibliolatry Me
"I will never discount the waltz again; Lord Lockhart can teach me to dance anytime he wants. This short read left me wanting more of everything. Blackthorne has a knack for setting the scene and bringing out true human nature no matter what the period."

Red more of Rayna's hot and steamy review on NRR's website http://nocturnereads.com/Waltz-of-Sed...
Bookshop
I can't believe I paid money for it, it sounded like an interesting read but there's zero character development (it's way too short for that) and it's pretty much sex every other page (or, well, talking about how the characters are horny and willing anyway). Can I give half a star?
Michelle Vasquez
Waltz of Seduction by Natasha Blackthorne is a short story that’s a beautiful blend of sweet and romantic as well as hot, sexy, and erotic!

Please stop by and read my full review here:

Kay
Jun 23, 2012 Kay rated it 4 of 5 stars
Shelves: ebooks
This was a quick and sexy read and my first by Ms. Blackthorne. I loved the characters and would have loved this to be a full novel. However, as a short Ms. Blackthorne managed to round out Sara and Colin quite nicely.
I'll be happy to read more from this author.

Christine
I enjoyed this short story between Sara and Colin. Isn't it amazing how not talking about things can blow things out of proportion? I wonder if a sequel will be written to show us how they are getting along, now that they are communicating inside and outside the bed ;-)
PNR
Short but catered to a favorite trope - plain and insecure heroine. The angst was resolved a bit quickly (I would have preferred that be dragged out rather than the bulk of the story be sex scenes) but still a nice, if brief, read.
Crystal
Glad that I got to read this book. Wasn't hard core but I did enjoy it. Sometimes a man just really needs to talk to him woman and everything will work out in the end and won't take so long.
Cara Bristol
A sweet, but sexy Regency historical romance that is full of charm.
Sharonda BrazenBabe
Review to be posted shortly
Mel
Review to come
Howard
Howard marked it as to-read
Dec 27, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
A Measured Risk (Regency Risks, #1) Grey's Lady (Carte Blanche, #1) Her Mystery Duke White Lace and Promises (Carte Blanche, #2) Alex's Angel (Carte Blanche, #3)