Start by marking “Fever Cure” as Want to Read:
Fever Cure

Fever Cure

"The road to heartbreak is paved with honorable intentions "

After a year dealing with her mum s health scare and the end of a bad relationship, Keira Grayson was looking forward to kicking up her heels at her best friend s wedding. Until she kicks off her (spare) knickers in front of the trifecta of perfection. Tom Carew. Son of an earl, honorable doctor and possibly the h
Published July 1st 2011 by Samhain Publishing (first published April 14th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Fever Cure, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fever Cure

Rachel Lyndhurst
Jul 18, 2011 Rachel Lyndhurst rated it it was amazing
What a great book! This is one of the best romances I've read in a long time because it delivers all the things I'm looking for in an escapist read. A likeable heroine, humour, red-hot sex, strong emotion and evocative writing. Well done, Ms Ashley! Now go write us some more!
Talli Roland
Sep 08, 2011 Talli Roland rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A fantastic, sexy sweet read! I really loved it.
Chanpreet
Apr 27, 2011 Chanpreet rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I was so excited when I heard about this book and was surprised when I found out it was going to be released electronically first, with a print version to come later. I was also lucky enough to win a copy from Ms.Ashley. Thank you once again!

I love the premise of this story; two people who are fighting an attraction for each other, even as they know there are roadblocks in their paths. Keira is your girl-next-door, grounded, strong woman. She knows she's attracted to Tom, but his hot-and-cold ro
Carol W
Jul 19, 2012 Carol W rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: on-my-kindle
I am a Phillipa Ashley fan after reading a couple of her contemporary romance novels.

This is a little different from her other novels with a more adult theme.

Fevercure begins with a meeting at a wedding between the two main characters Keira and "Mr Scarily Handsome" otherwise known as Dr Tom. The ice is broken when Keira drops something from her handbag outside the church, her knickers to be precise.

I was drawn in from the off. In olden days a lady would drop her handkerchief to get attention fr
Elizabeth
Jul 20, 2011 Elizabeth rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

Another great read from my author friend, Phillipa Ashley!
Tom Carew is a hot-doc hero to die for and Keira the heroine is warm, funny and likeable. The attraction between Tom and Keira jumps off the page from the opening paragraphs and the pace never lets up. Highly recommended for anyone who likes sparkling contemporary romance with plenty of passion and humour.
SheLove2Read
Nov 07, 2011 SheLove2Read rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2013
Gorgeous cover. This was an unexpectedly delightful read. Warm and sexy, with two troubled but engaging people who deserve happiness. Tom was a gorgeous mixture of alpha male and caring doctor, a mixture that brought to mind Daniel Craig. Warm and sexy and mysterious. Give this a shot, I'm glad I did and read it in one sitting. 4 stars
Nell
Jul 12, 2011 Nell rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A really enjoyable, well written romp, with a lovely heroine and gorgeous hero.
Hilary
Jul 26, 2011 Hilary rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Such a great read - witty, warm and sexy, with Phillipa Ashley's trademark capability to ensure the reader's engagement with her characters. Delicious escapism with emotional depth.
Elizabeth Ashworth
Fast and funny. Naughty but nice. A quick fun read with a gorgeous hero!
Liz Fielding
Sep 04, 2011 Liz Fielding rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I'm loving this so far!
Mary (BookHounds)
Keira has a cute meet with a man at her friend's wedding and when I say "cute", I mean horribly embarrassing. She fumbles her purse out and panties drop to the ground in front of this nice looking man, so as any gentleman would do, he returns them to her -- with an all knowing smirk. Tom, the gentleman in question, is HOT and almost perfect. He is a doctor and the son of an earl, but he is only in town for the wedding and then he is going back to be a rural physician in the Papua islands. Keira ...more
Stevie Carroll
Aug 02, 2011 Stevie Carroll rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This engaging tale of two caring professionals with troubled pasts really grabbed me. Both had good individual reasons for not wanting a relationship, and so a temporary arrangement with an already looming deadline of an overseas posting appealed to them both. Of course, this being a category romance, that was never really going to be satisfactory for either of them whatever they might have claimed.

There was also an engaging supporting cast, including Tom's brother and his partner, Keira's best
Rebecca Emin
Feb 16, 2012 Rebecca Emin rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is the second book I have read by Phillipa Ashley. She writes the hero characters so well, they are just want you're looking for when you read a book like this.

Fever Cure is definitely a page-turner and I finished it in a few days which is extremely quick reading for me. It's packed full of tension, passion and fantastic secondary characters like the school children and hero's brother.

I would recommend this book to anyone who wants to read a book that isn't too overly-complicated but grips
Faith
Oct 03, 2011 Faith rated it it was ok
Shelves: romance, e-books
This book had a lot of potential at the beginning. The author establishes a connection between Keira and Tom quickly. However, for most of the novel I felt that it was lust and not love that was attracting them to each other. I didn't really get a true sense of why they actually loved each other until about a hundred pages in. Also, I didn't feel the characters were well fleshed out, which I'm sure lead to me wondering why they were in love with each other. I managed to finish it but it took a w ...more
Becky R.
Nov 27, 2011 Becky R. rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I'm a total Phillipa Ashley fan and will pretty much read anything she has written. I love her character development & escapist storylines. This one was a little racy, but since I'm not exactly a prude, I didn't mind. The ending was a bit predictable, with a few twists and turns to change it up slightly, but you honestly don't want it to end any differently than it does.

Honestly, Phillipa Ashley is one of my new faves for reading for enjoyment. She is a great writer and one that I will cont
Judy Jarvie
Feb 06, 2012 Judy Jarvie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: great-e-books
A fabulous read with a gorgeous hero and a most relateable heroine.
Tom had my heart racing right from the off and I really did not want him to dare going back to PNG. He was a hero with really strong power. And Keira's his perfect heroine. The banter was sassy and the power between them mesmerising.A thoroughly enjoyable, rollercoaster of a read. Top marks. Will read again.
Giedre
Apr 08, 2013 Giedre rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I don't know what to think about this one, honestly. It had all the makings for a solid contemporary. And I was excited that it was set in London. And yet, I feel like I barely connected with the characters or the story. Actually, it felt like there wasn't much to connect with, since the writing lacked depth. The verdict is meh
Heidi Boyd
Nov 14, 2013 Heidi Boyd rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The height of British chick lit/ romance, Philipa serves up a delicious tale. Predictable yet fabulous escape for my overworked overtired self. I need to keep a supply of her novels in my e reader for when I crave a 'feel good' pick me up.
Julie
May 04, 2011 Julie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Bridget Jones gave me the Brit chick lit bug...and it led me to Phillips Ashley. I enjoyed this book, it wad a quick, juicy and fun read. Ashley writes the best romantic male leads. I thoroughly enjoyed this read!
Leah
Feb 03, 2012 Leah rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
Fluffy romcom...not bad. Liked Dating Mr. December better.
Jen Mcnamara
Dec 31, 2012 Jen Mcnamara rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This really was a Great book. A fun, witty read with actual plot! I hope to read more from this talented author! Great stuff!!
Kareby
Loved, loved, LOVED it!! I want a Tom!!
Onnica (I Love Romantic Fiction blog)
Loved these two characters. At times the story and scenes felt a little disjointed, but I loved the premise, the banter and the chemistry.
Farzana rahmann
It was a good book but a little slow passed for my liking but a nice read for those slow days
Vanessa Maharaj
Vanessa Maharaj rated it really liked it
Apr 04, 2013
dixie johnson
dixie johnson rated it liked it
Oct 04, 2016
Lolipuchi
Lolipuchi rated it liked it
Aug 12, 2013
Sarah rated it liked it
Jan 28, 2013
Carrie
Carrie rated it it was amazing
Mar 07, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
  • A Bright Particular Star (Cavanagh Family, #2)
  • The First Time We Met (Oxford Blue, #1)
  • Sold to the Highest Bidder (Second Chances)
  • Tall, Dark and Kilted
  • Where There's a Will
  • Love Engineered
  • The Man of Their Lives
  • Mistletoe & Margaritas
  • The Romance of a Christmas Card by Kate Douglas Wiggin, Fiction, Historical, United States, People & Places, Readers - Chapter Books
  • More Than Love Letters
  • Rory (Rakehells of Rochester, #3)
  • Death, The Vamp and His Brother
  • The Heat of the Knight
  • French Kissing (Lust In Translation #3)
  • An American Demon: A Memoir
  • The Spurned Viscountess
  • Pink Wellies and Flat Caps
  • Complicated Girl (Baker Street Romance, #2)
419233
Phillipa Ashley is an award-winning author of 17 novels under three pen-names.

The first two books in her hugely popular new Cornish Cafe series have been an Amazon Top 10 and Kobo number #1 best-sellers.

The third book, Confetti at the Cornish Cafe, is published on May 29th.

She also writes the Oxford Blue series as Pippa Croft.
More about Phillipa Ashley...