Start by marking “Fathers and Sons (Awake) (Curran POV, #9)” as Want to Read:
Fathers and Sons (Awake) (Curran POV, #9)

Fathers and Sons (Awake) (Curran POV #9)

4.28  ·  Rating Details ·  10,539 Ratings  ·  265 Reviews
The second volume of Curran POV takes place after the events of MAGIC BLEEDS.

Infuriated by Kate’s treatment at the hands of the Pack, the Beast Lord demands an explanation. When words fail, claws and fangs must do the talking.

Titled "Awake" in Curran POV collection. chronologically #9 in series)
Published May 19th 2011 by Ilona Andrews, Inc (first published May 12th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Fathers and Sons (Awake), please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fathers and Sons (Awake)

Alex ☣ Deranged KittyCat ☣
description

Yes! I wanted to read this so much! Those nasty alphas deserved a good beating after what they did (or didn't do)!

22 challenges in 11 days?
description
♥Rachel♥
Jan 19, 2013 ♥Rachel♥ rated it it was amazing
We get a ticked off Curran when he wakes up and finds Kate has been challenged left and right. Reading Curran's thoughts you get to see exactly how much he cares for and loves Kate. Not many would be able to have the strength to protect Kate, she is usually the one kicking ass, but he is the exception. I LOVE how protective he is of Kate and we get to see that firsthand in this novella. Getting inside Curran's head with all these POV's has been a real treat.

I have to say he is one of my all-tim
Cathy (cathepsut)
AWAKE (End of Magic Bleeds, Kate Daniels #4):
"Authority must be exercised at all times or else it is lost. They didn't have to love or even like me, but by God, they would obey me. If they had forgotten why I was feared, I would remind them. If I had to kill a few as an example, then so be it."
*~*~*
"Which one of you idiots wants to explain to me what the hell is going on?" With great effort, I raised my arm and pointed in Mahon's general direction. "Him."

Read as part of the Curran POV Collectio
Lora
Aug 29, 2011 Lora rated it liked it
Shelves: ebooks, urban-fantasy
Actual rating: 3.5 stars

Curran's POV Vol 2 shows what happened right after the final chapter of Magic Bleeds. The Beast Clans must explain their homicidal intentions toward Kate while Curran was comatose. In short, the Beast Lord is pissed and fur is about to fly.

I liked this more than the previous Curran POV. Although Curran is just out of bed when this takes place, he still has his usual drive and power and he has every right to be mad for how his people treated his mate while he was lying in
Heather C
May 29, 2011 Heather C rated it really liked it
Loved this! We get Curran and Kate's POV this time and several sweet moments between them. Also, a kick-ass fight between Lion and Bear.
Bonnie
I read this short little novella (free!) immediately after book 4 and it worked out perfect because this story acts almost like a deleted scene, just from Curran’s point of view. It’s actually the perfect accompaniment following the completion of book 4. Even though book 4 didn’t leave you with any lingering questions, this novella provided additional scenes that answered questions you didn’t know you had.
Sakina
I don't usually like to read novellas or short stories but with this series I can't help it. Plus Curran's POV? How could I say no? :D
Renégade ♥
Nov 05, 2015 Renégade ♥ rated it it was amazing
5 stars

Excerpts from Fathers and Sons (Other Title: Awake)
(Takes place at the end of "Magic Bleeds")

#1

(view spoiler)
Jessica ❁ ➳ Silverbow ➳ ❁ Rabid Reads
Awake

The best part about this one is that the book ends this scene after Curran demands that the other alphas explain themselves, but here it keeps going, and you get to hear the attempts at explanations. If you hate Jennifer as much as I do, you will glory in her set down by Curran. There may also be a SHOW DOWN between Curran and a certain resistant-to-change bear . . .
Sharon ∞❥ is an emotional book junkie ❥∞
Loved it!! It's so great to have Curran's POV...it adds so much to the story. I wasn't happy about him and Mahon fighting but I understood why. I'm just glad that everything worked out.
Duchess Nicole
Jul 11, 2011 Duchess Nicole rated it it was amazing
I love reading Curran's point of view! Some reviews say that they don't get to see as much of Curran in the Kate Daniels series as they would like. Well, here you go! This is only one scene, but I think its a really important one to the series, and would definitely suggest reading it before Magic Slays. Fathers and Sons sheds some light on what happens after Curran wakes to find Kate being challenged continually by pack members. Need a dose of some Curran rage and manliness? This is it!
Liv
Feb 23, 2012 Liv rated it it was amazing
Would there be anything that I don't like where Curran is involved?? A resounding NOOOOO NEVER!!!

I absolutely loved it!! Loved seeing Curran taking control of the pack at the meeting and seeing everyone literally shiver, cower and shrivel before his majesty. And then of course there was the fighting scene in which he settled his score with Mahon regarding Kate.

Awesome addition from Curran's POV!!
Katharine Kimbriel
Aug 08, 2012 Katharine Kimbriel rated it it was amazing
Occasionally, one half of "Ilona Andrews" (the male half) writes up a scene or two from the Kate Daniels' books that are from Curran's point of view. This time it's like a short story, giving us what happened after Curran woke up in MAGIC SLAYS.

The council scene shows just how different shapeshifters are, and why Kate always feels like a referee among homicidal children. Insanely strong homicidal children.
Kay (❦ ᴗ ❦ ✿) BooksandMe
Read this in Curran POV Collection.

See my overall review here: https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...

The pages were short and must be read after every installment for better enjoyment.
Jan
Liked it better than the first Curran POV. Mostly because it's companion scenes instead of the same scenes from a different POV. I always wondered what happened on that Council meeting, and am glad and grateful I got to see it.

But also because the writing seemed more polished, and it was a complete short story, not only a scene.
♆ BookAddict  ✒ La Crimson Femme
I love when Gordon comes out to play and writes Curran from a man's point of view. This was a good one about Curran's anger with everyone, especially his foster father for allowing Kate to be challenged. I found this snippet - short story to be a delight.
♥ Ashleigh ♥  contrary to popular belief i'm not actually mad!
this was also really good - not as good as Curran in my opinion but still entertaining and fun
<3 Derek and Barabas.
Awilk -never sleeps-
I love Curran. Anything to read about him and Kate will be loved by me. I also find that stories from Curran's point of view to be so funny, even when the topic is serious. He really does work on animal instincts half the time. What a great way to spend a few minutes of a break.
Carolyn F.
Jan 22, 2013 Carolyn F. rated it it was amazing
Short story. 20 pages. Before I realized that Ilona Andrews is actually a husband and wife duo, I saw these short stories and thought, "Ugh, why does he think he can write too?" Well, if he truly wrote these full short stories, he is a very good writer. Loved it.
Shannon C.
May 19, 2011 Shannon C. rated it really liked it
Shelves: shapeshifters
I love the Kate Daniels urban fantasy series. This is a free Curran POV short that supplements the series.

Thanks to the authors for the freebie. I love the Curran POVs and it's great to get a dose of Kate and Curran while waiting on the next full length book.
Michelle Tempted By Books
Jul 24, 2012 Michelle Tempted By Books rated it really liked it
I had wondered about Curran's state of mind during this pivotal moment. The whole situation with him being essentially in a coma for 2 weeks and Kate being left to fend off all takers. I LOVED this one. II really felt Curran's affection and pride for Kate. Too bad the Curran POVs are so short.
Erin ☕ *Proud Book Hoarder*
Continues where the book left off where Curran goes into the pack council meeting pissed. I can't blame him - the shapeshifter community handled that flat out wrong. It was a turning point for Curran's relationship with them.
Marianne
Feb 15, 2014 Marianne rated it liked it
Ah, the things you will do, and the people you will ass-kick for your mate's sake...
Jazzy
Oct 11, 2014 Jazzy rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kate-daniels
All the material in this ebook was incorporated into the Curran POV vol. 1 that I downloaded. Or maybe it isn't a vol. 1 - maybe it has all the Curran POV stories available to date....
Marsha
Jul 18, 2011 Marsha rated it really liked it
Again - all too short. I really enjoy reading these little snippets from Curran's point of view.
Alexa
Jan 18, 2013 Alexa rated it really liked it
Shelves: adult, ebook, 2013-reads
Coyora Dokusho
May 18, 2013 Coyora Dokusho rated it it was amazing
Read at least (3) times.

I like Curran. He's funny, and what he thinks in his brain is funny.
Butterfly
May 27, 2012 Butterfly rated it really liked it
Oh yes, Daddy is home and he ain't happy. Playtime was over. lol Curran !!!
Ayisha Beauge
Mar 01, 2017 Ayisha Beauge rated it it was amazing
really good
  • Magic Gifts (Kate Daniels, #5.4)
  • Magic Graves (Night Huntress, #4.5; Kate Daniels, #0.5)
  • Home (Downside Ghosts, #3.6)
  • An Apple for the Creature (Kate Daniels, #5.3)
One half of the team behind best-selling author Ilona Andrews .
More about Gordon Andrews...

Curran POV (1 - 10 of 12 books)
  • Unicorn Lane (Curran POV #1)
  • Fernando's (Curran POV, #5)
  • Soup
  • Midnight Games
  • Hot Tub Scene from Magic Strikes (Curran POV, #4)
  • Kate's Daddy (Curran POV, #3)
  • Naked Dinner: Part 1 and 2 (Curran POV, #7)
  • Conclave
  • Curran (Prequel Magic Shifts) POV (part 1) (Curran POV, #10)
  • Curran, Vol. I (Curran POV, #1)

“Still think she is worth it?” Mahon asked quietly.

“Of course. She is my mate.”

Mahon sighed. “So you decided then.”

“Do you think we’d be laying here bleeding in the snow if I wasn’t sure?”

“Good point.”
35 likes
“Mahon's wife stared down at us. Her hands went to her hips. "Which one of you idiots wants to explain to me what the hell is going on?"
With great effort I raised my arm and pointed in Mahon's general direction. "Him.”
20 likes