Start by marking “Piggy Bunny” as Want to Read:
Piggy Bunny

Piggy Bunny

3.82 of 5 stars 3.82  ·  rating details  ·  213 ratings  ·  60 reviews
Most piglets want to be pigs when they grow up. Not Liam. He wants to be a bunny. Even if it takes a lot of practice to learn how to hop...and to eat salad. Even if no one believes that a piggy can be a bunny. With a lot of determination, and a little help from his grandma, Liam is determined to make his dream come true.

For children who put on a cape or a tutu, who dream o...more
Published February 14th 2012 by Feiwel & Friends

To ask other readers questions about Piggy Bunny, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Piggy Bunny

Mary
Hm. Very cute, and I LUUURRRRVVEE Jeremy Tankard's illustrations, but it seemed like something was missing. Yes, Pig was loved just the way he was - but self-esteem wasn't his problem; he wanted folks to support his desire to become Easter Bunny. But when grandma and grandpa tell him they DO support his dream, their solution was to buy him a bunny suit. And then, suddenly, everyone believed in him as the Easter Bunny. Huh? THAT was all they needed? For him to LOOK more like a bunny? I felt like...more
paula
A pig who insists that he is a bunny. His family assures him they love him just the way he is; his sister tells him to get over it. He is still insistent: "Hello, my name is Liam and I'll be your Easter Bunny." The neighbors are skeptical but his parents continue to love and support him.

Love it.

Then grandma and grandpa come to visit, and not only do they support Liam, they work with him to make his outside match his inside - they order an Easter Bunny suit on the Internet. And once his bunny sui...more
Laurie
Connie Klever
This is a really fun story about living your dream. Great for Easter or any time of year.
Rachel
Piggy Bunny is about a pig named Liam who wants to be an Easter bunny. Liam's family does not understand why he wants to be something other than a pig. They tell him they love him the way he is and that he doesn’t have to try to be anything else. Liam is sad because nobody believes he can be anything different. Finally, he finds support from his grandparents who buy him a bunny suit. In his bunny suit, Liam is happy and others to believe in him too. This text relates to my unit as is Liam is uni...more
Barbara
While the other piglets in his family want to be pigs when they grow up, Liam has other dreams. He intends to become the Easter Bunny and practices all the skills he'll need to do so successfully: hoping, eating salad, and delivering eggs. [One could argue that the Easter Bunny might not need to love salad in order to perform his/her job, but Liam's dislike for green veggies adds to the story's humor.] While his parents and siblings encourage self-acceptance, his grandparents support Liam's drea...more
Nathan Trevor
Liam is a piglet who wants to be the Easter Bunny. His siblings tease him for it, his parents try to convince him that he is a "perfect piglet" and "doesn't have to try to be anything else", his neighbors and friends stare and don't understand. In the end, it's his grandparents that help him by ordering an Easter Bunny suit from the internet.
This story kind of broke my heart a little. It hit pretty close to home and I don't know if the author meant for it to be an analogy for what I think it is,...more
Maddypictures
Hilariously wonderful! This little pig knows just what he wants to be when he grows up... The Easter Bunny!

"You are a terrific piglet," says his mother, "We love your squiggly tail and your little black eyes and your snouty nose and your adorably triangular ears... you are perfect... just exactly the way you are."
"Just exactly the way I am... is like a piglet who is going to be the Easter Bunny."
Liam the pig decides, "This is the kind of problem... that is called heartbreaking."
It takes some he...more
Tasha
Liam does not want to be a pig when he grows up, even though he’s a piglet. Instead, Liam wants to be the Easter Bunny. Liam even practiced his bunny skills: hopping, eating salad, and delivering eggs. But they didn’t work out too well. His family thought that he should just admit he was a pig and move on. But then his grandmother said that they didn’t have the imagination to see him as a rabbit and that he needed a bunny suit to have them see it. Unfortunately, the bunny suit doesn’t fit quite...more
Treasure
I love a picture book that makes grown ups laugh. If you're going to read it a million times to kids, you might as well enjoy it!
This is an excellent addition to my shelf of "picture books I don't mind rereading a bajillion times". Liam, an adorable piglet with loving, supportive pig parents, longs to be the Easter Bunny. He finds understanding in his grandparents, who offer to help him become the EB by getting him a costume. It is impossible not to crack up when Liam asks if they know how to ma...more
Chibipinapple
if you substitute piggy for guy and bunny for girl its an endearing story about a young boy who struggles to find his true identity
Courtney Angelo
This book creates both happy and sad emotions for me. It is such a cute story, a little piggy with real hopes and dreams for his future. His grandparents do their best to fulfill their dreams when his siblings are not sticking up for him. It is sad in that way though! Piggy wants so badly to bean Easter Bunny that he is literally willing to do everything- even eat salad every day. It warms my heart when his grandparents order a suit for him off the Internet; this really makes him feel better. I...more
Ellie
"YOU ARE A PIGLET. DEAL WITH IT."

Nope nope nope. Dreams really do come true :)
Amanda
More about believing in one's dreams than about Easter. An absolutely adorable tale.
Jean Brodahl
This is one of my favorites of my library pile today. Piglet wants to be a bunny. But not just any bunny, the Easter bunny. "The Easter bunny?" asked Liam's big brother. "Seriously?" Everyone tries to talk him out of it by spouting "we love you for who you are" nonsense. Grandma & grandpa come to the rescue. "Put your Easter bunny suit on." I don't have one, can you make me one? "Absolutely not," said Grandma. "We will order one on the internet." Kids are little for such a short time, let th...more
Since I am already a fan of pig bunnies ever since watching the kdrama 'You're Beautiful' I snatched this up to read to my teenage daughter. We both loved this ADORABLE story!
Erin Lorimer
Rachel Vail's "Piggy Bunny" is a beautifully written book that emphasizes the idea of standing by what you believe. Liam is a little piggy whose dream is to become the Easter Bunny when he grows up. While experiencing rejection from his family and friends, he proceeds in trying to adapt into his soon to be bunny ways of life like hopping, enjoying salad, and delivering eggs. With the help and encouragement he receives from his grandmother, Liam finally reaches his goal in becoming the Easter bun...more
Sue
A book about not giving up on your dreams even when they may seem impossible. Even when your family is more of a "believing-in-pinking family". Liam is a piglet that wants to b the Easter Bunny when he grows up. His parents tell him he's terrific just they way he is, a piglet. This is a "heartbreaking problem". Then his grandparents arrive. Can they help Liam or is his dream doomed?

Great book to teach students to never give up on their dreams, even if the obstacles seem insurmountable!
Angie
You know what? This one is super cute. I LOVE the illustrations and ... let me think. Can I tell you my favorite lines without spoiling the story?

I will just say that Grandma and Grandpa are awesome.

Must read for Easter. Not necessarily for the meaning behind that season (though He did teach us to love and accept!) ... but for fun, definitely. Maybe a storytime? There must be a craft in there somewhere. Lesson can be on story elements. Then fun craftiness.
Mrs. Severson
I think I might be having a cute overload. This book is darling, and has a good message and I love characters in it.

Liam is a pig. Liam wants to be the Easter Bunny. This is a problem.

Listen to this gem the book....

Liam hopped around his grandparents, his triangular ears twitching with excitement. "You know how to make an Easter Bunny suit?" he asked them.

"Absolutely not," said Grandma. "We will order one on the internet."

Love.
Amanda
I can't say enough good things about this book! It was funny, witty, heartwarming, and it really showed a great underlying moral of being who you are regardless of what other's think. The story tells of a little piglet who believes in himself. With the help of just one person, he was able to gain the self confidence he needed to have everyone else believe in him too. Great illustrations, and a GREAT story to share with young readers.
Christina
This book was absolutely amazing! It is a great book for kids to learn that you can strive to be anything you want. If you work for it, it is achievable. I think as a parent this would be a great book just to read to kids, but I do not really know what it could be used for in a class room. I would read this to my own kid(s) to show my support for them. I would want to instill in my children that the should pursue their dreams.
Lauren Barone
Rachel Vail did an outstanding job with this story. The pictures were appealing to the eyes as well as the mood of the text. This pig was unlike the rest. He had dreams of becoming the Easter Bunny. This story had an underlying message of the importance of self worth and self identity. It would be perfect to read to a class learning about bullying or teasing others because they are different than the rest.
Emily
Apr 16, 2013 Emily rated it 3 of 5 stars
Shelves: yes
Title: Piggy Bunny
Author/Illustrator: Rachel Vail
Publisher: Feiwel and Friends
Date: Feb. 14, 2012
Genre: fiction

Hilarious book about the Easter bunny. Would even make grown ups laugh! Great message and love the characters. Perfect to read around Easter time to a classroom.
Tessa
Ok, may I just say that this is a truly weird book and I just loved it! I love the little pig, Liam, who wants to be the Easter Bunny - we all have dreams, man. The illustrations alone will make you laugh; Liam's dad has a moustache but no clothes. Go figure.
Great Books
The power of imagination comes to life for Liam the piglet, who faces problems and doubters as he aspires to be the Easter Bunny. Supportive grandparents come to the rescue by purchasing a bunny suit on the internet and encouraging him to believe.
Reviewer 15
Stefani
Love! Liam is a piggy that wants to be the Easter bunny! I love his comebacks in confidence of who he is. Adorable story with a nice, understated message.

Would be fantastic in a Easter storytime; great tale focusing on the bunny part of the holiday.
I great book to teach kids you can be anything you want to be, even if others don't think so. This pig just wanted to be the Easter bunny, and thankfully his grandma knows how to work the internet to find a bunny costume. Very cute story.
Brittany
I thought that this book would be so great...but I was sadly mistaken. This book was not suitable for young children. The language used is too advanced for most easy readers (in my opinion). And the story line was awful! Disappointed!!!
Library
Library is currently reading it
Oct 08, 2014
  • It's a Tiger!
  • My Snake Blake
  • You're Finally Here!
Birth
I was born on July 25, 1966, in NEW YORK CITY, and grew up in New Rochelle, NY, with my mother, my father, and my younger brother Jon. (And down the street from my future husband, though of course I didn't know that until much later.)

Interests
Some details, I do know-I was very into reading and theater, so I read every book I could get my hands on (especially realistic fiction, either contempo...more
More about Rachel Vail...
If We Kiss (If We Kiss, #1) Lucky (Avery Sisters Trilogy, #1) Gorgeous (Avery Sisters Trilogy, #2) You, Maybe: The Profound Asymmetry of Love in High School Kiss Me Again (If We Kiss, #2)