Start by marking “Sweet Persuasions” as Want to Read:
Sweet Persuasions

Sweet Persuasions (The Eatons #5)

4.26  ·  Rating Details  ·  209 Ratings  ·  15 Reviews

Settling down isn't high on Xavier Eaton's list--he's having too much fun playing the field, sharing his bed but never his heart. All that changes when the high-ranking military man and longtime bachelor comes back to South Carolina and walks into Selena Yates's tantalizing patisserie....
Charleston is a long way from Selena's West Virginia mining hometown. And the gorgeou
Published June 1st 2011 by Harlequin Presents (first published January 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Sweet Persuasions, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sweet Persuasions

Ceej
Jun 19, 2011 Ceej rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2011, rochelle-alers
I was excited to finally get to read Xavier's story. As with most books, the ones about military men are special for me. This story was cute and funny. Xavier and Selena were good compliments to each other. I loved Xavier's off center and dry sense of humor. Selena had just enough spice. But the whole story lacked something. There was a bit of detachment between the heroine and hero, not to mention the other characters.

Alers books are always rife with tidbit of history, culinary acumen, artistic
Ariana
Feb 25, 2016 Ariana rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved Xavier's story.
Miley the Book Junkie Reads . . .
It was nice to meet Xaiver and Selena. Xaiver is a man that had a mission in life that he completed at the risk of his own life. Selena is a woman trying to live a life free from fear. Their union is a fairy tale of love come true for him and a desire for her. I just expected more from Ms. Alers than I got in this story. Maybe the last 'Eaton' story will meet expectations.
Harlequin Books
Miniseries: The Eatons

"Ms. Alers manages to combine several things that I love in this story, decadent deserts, a bit of history, intrigue and romance." from a review posted by an eharlequin.com member, to read more go here.

Angela
Jan 08, 2014 Angela rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
There is a build up to the ex coming back but its quickly wrapped up at the end which leaves you hanging.
Brandy
Jun 18, 2011 Brandy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was the sweetest book ever. Xavier and Selena worked fast in getting, but it didn't feel rushed as I was reading it. I wish there was a Sweet Persuasions inmy neck of the woods. Those treats desribed in the book sound heavenly. I loved the description of the second wedding sounded beautiful.
Marie
Jun 03, 2012 Marie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
So far this is my favorite of the series, they have all been very good but Selena and Xavier touched my heart in a way that Griffin/Belinda, Miles/Zabrina and Chandra/PJ have. It made me laugh and want to cry at the same time.

Shone
Sep 03, 2011 Shone rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: All romance junkies
Shelves: eaton-series
Amazing, the way the ex Marine is at a lost until moves back to Charleston and walks into a chocolate shop. Will he ever look at chocolate the same?

"Will someone please tell me what's going on?"
Faissa S.
Oct 22, 2011 Faissa S. rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
it was really good book. the only problem was it went o fast and it was to short of a story. other than that great book.
Teresa Scott
Oct 25, 2014 Teresa Scott rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
Great story. I am glad i discovered this author.
Leighla Roper
I liked the premise but the ending felt rushed, there was a missed opportunity to develop the plot some more.
Marilyn Diamond
Dec 05, 2012 Marilyn Diamond rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved it.. can't wait to read more of the Eatons in the future.. Loved it..
Terri
Excited to be reading something (contemporary) set in Charleston, SC.
Sweeti
Aug 24, 2011 Sweeti rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Ms. Alers Always Wrap me up in her Sweet romance..
Shun Givens
Oct 25, 2011 Shun Givens rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: rochelle-alers
Love it!
Doris Morris
Doris Morris is currently reading it
Jul 22, 2016
Chris Jones
Chris Jones rated it it was amazing
Jul 14, 2016
Zasha
Zasha marked it as to-read
Jun 27, 2016
Seyie Obikoya-opadotun
Seyie Obikoya-opadotun marked it as to-read
Jun 21, 2016
Cheryl James
Cheryl James marked it as to-read
Jun 02, 2016
Jenneivi
Jenneivi marked it as to-read
May 24, 2016
Tracey
Tracey marked it as to-read
May 17, 2016
Shanett Bailey
Shanett Bailey marked it as to-read
May 07, 2016
Sonja Stewart
Sonja Stewart marked it as to-read
May 05, 2016
Tmjj33ronataurreviews
Tmjj33ronataurreviews marked it as to-read
Apr 24, 2016
Kerry
Kerry rated it it was amazing
Mar 24, 2016
Nell Bennett
Nell Bennett marked it as to-read
Mar 24, 2016
  • The Surgeon's Secret Baby (Hopewell General)
  • Chemistry of Desire
  • In the Doctor's Bed
  • Secret Attraction
  • Field of Pleasure  (New York Sabers Football, #1)
  • Like No One Else
  • Case of Desire (Hopewell General, #4)
  • Tender to His Touch
  • In Her Neighbor's Bed
  • Undeniable
Rochelle Alers was born in Manhattan, New York, USA, where she raised. She obtained degrees in Sociology and Psychology, before started to work. She is a member of the Iota Theta Zeta Chapter of Zeta Phi Beta Sorority, Inc., and her interests include gourmet cooking and traveling. She has traveled to countries in North, Central and South America, and Europe. She is also in accomplished in knitting ...more
More about Rochelle Alers...

The Eatons (7 books)
  • Bittersweet Love
  • Sweet Deception
  • Sweet Dreams (Kimani Romance, #177)
  • Twice the Temptation
  • Sweet Destiny
  • Sweet Southern Nights (Kimani Romance)