Start by marking “Never Too Little to Love” as Want to Read:
Never Too Little to Love

Never Too Little to Love

4.24  ·  Rating Details  ·  170 Ratings  ·  38 Reviews
Whimsical watercolors illustrate a comical, cumulative tale of an amorous mouse who aims impossibly high -- and learns that you're never too little (or too big) to love.

Tiny Too-Little loves someone who's very, very tall, and Tiny wants a kiss. What if he stands on his tiptoes on top of a thimble? What if he stands on his tiptoes on top of a matchbox on top of a thimble? C
Published December 16th 2004 by Candlewick Press

To ask other readers questions about Never Too Little to Love, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Never Too Little to Love

Lindsey Silvestrini
To me the greatest gift that can be given or received is the gift of time. Time with our children is the most precious thing on earth to mothers. Spending time with my little ones reading is a great joy to me, especially when it’s a book about moms, parenthood or love in general.

Never too Little to Love is just the cutest little book and I loved reading it to my little loves. It’s about a little mouse who’s trying to give a mysterious someone a kiss but can’t quite reach them. So he starts stac
A Leisure Moment
description

Never Too Little to Love was one of the cutest and sweetest books that I’ve read in a really long time. It begins with the determination of a sweet little mouse, bound and determined to give his love a tiny little kiss.

To read the rest of the review, simply follow the link: http://www.aleisuremoment.com/2014/02...
Kathy Heare Watts
This book is a favorite in our house with our grandchildren. I bought it because it has such a sweet message and it just a fun book to read with children. As our grandchildren have grown, they read it along with us. I have recommended this book to several people.
Miss Pippi the Librarian
Tiny Too-Little loves Topsy Too-Tall and wants to give her a kiss. He begins stacking items up to try and reach her.

Never Too Little to Love is a sweet story of friendship. The little mouse tries so hard to reach his friend. His stack of standing material is hilarious and it's a good way to add in a counting activity while reading. Of course, the precarious pile falls, but now it's the giraffe's turn to show kindness to her friend. Friendship goes both ways, it's a give and take relationship.

Th
Jenny Schuth
Feb 23, 2016 Jenny Schuth rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: children-s-lit
Never too little to love is about a very unlikely pair and how they defy the odds and love one another. This book was clever in the way an image was building on the left and being unveiled on the right at the same time. The story was so cute and I liked that it was proving that no matter how little you are (or big) you are never too anything really to love. This was an excellent book for kids because they will love the pictures and learn a lot from the story.
Kellee
Read to Trent 3-9-2014

Full review at: http://www.unleashingreaders.com/?p=2812

My Review: This story of opposites attract will tug at the heart strings of its readers. It is so cute to watch the mouse try everything it can to reach up to give his love a kiss. It also has great opportunities for choral reading as it is much like “There’s a hole at the bottom of the sea” and I can see children reciting all the different things that Tiny Too-Little stands on. And the moral behind the story (everyone
Jen
This book is super great! I LOVE how it's presented, with the pages cut into various sizes to show the progression of Tiny Too-Little's "ladder." In the beginning, I had wondered if this story was about loving someone who had moved on to heaven, but it turns out it's even more basic than that: Tiny Too-Little loves Topsy Too-Tall, a giraffe! And in the end, Topsy Too-Tall sees Tiny Too-Little and bends her great neck down to give him a great big kiss!

I said it already, but I really like how thi
Kristy
Feb 13, 2015 Kristy rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
rating 3.5

Never too Little to Love is a story of a mouse stacking up items to reach his love, who ends up being a giraffe! The book is perhaps a bit small for storytime, but I love how the pages are stacked (similar to "The Very Hungry Caterpillar") and the pop up at the end.

Decent book for a pre-k Valentine's storytime.
Dee
Feb 05, 2014 Dee rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Perfect little love story about a little mouse who goes to great lengths to snag a kiss from his love. This cute little book will fit perfectly in little hands this Valentine's day.
Carrie Brownell
Feb 10, 2014 Carrie Brownell rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: ages 3-6
Very cute and endearing. Awesome illustrations. Solid message.

Drusilla
Mar 29, 2016 Drusilla rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Sweet book about a mouse and a giraffe and love and it is ok to be different. Preschool. Recommend!
Kaelyn
Dec 31, 2015 Kaelyn rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It's so cute. I like it! It reminds me of when you love someone.
Parsons Parsons
Aug 27, 2015 Parsons Parsons rated it it was amazing
Shelves: animals, love, special
This is a delightful children's book that proves love conquers all.
Elisabeth
Jan 30, 2014 Elisabeth rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Sweetest love story. It *IS* too little for storytime so we are going to flannel board it!
Hilary
This is a story of a mouse who loves a giraffe but she is soooo tall and he is soooo little. Will he ever be able to show her that he loves her? Lots of stacking of things to increase his height leads up to the gratifying ending. A fine book anytime of year, but especially good as a Valentine's Day gift to a little one! It has pop up elements that enhance the interactive experience of the book. Besides that it shows that truly you are never too little to love! Which is very true!
Dian
Mar 29, 2008 Dian rated it it was ok
Shelves:
Just bought it from my fav. bargain book shop @ bras basah with 30% disc..*lovely...
The tittle was attracted me..never too little to love..deeply meaning. Explained in a simple way with unusual paper sizes, the paper size are getting smaller when you turn to the next page. You can see the text and part of the picture of the previous pages. Good in big idea and creative!
jacky
Feb 16, 2011 jacky rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Our story time librarian read this to both groups of kids for Valentine's Day. It is a cute book about a tiny mouse who loves a giraffe, but is too small to tell her so on his own. The bulk of the book is the mouse making a precarious stack of items to try to reach the giraffe. I liked how the pages where cut into segments to add one new item at a time.
Dominique St-pierre
What a sweet story about love. No matter how big or small, short or tall, one is never too little to love. I like how Willis uses very familiar items for stacking (watermelon and candle) and then not so familiar items (thimble and matchbox) that the reader and listeners can talk about .
Lisa  (Bookworm Lisa)
This is a cute book. It is about a mouse who wants to kiss the one he loves, but he is too small. He tries many ways, but crashes. It is suprising who the one he love is. It teaches that you are never too little to have a big heart, and sometimes it takes cooperation to achieve your goal.
Elizabeth
Feb 15, 2012 Elizabeth rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: childrens
This is an adorable children's book! Kids get the giggles every time I read it. Then I have a chorus of "Ewww!" at the end when they finally kiss. The repeating text helps children understand sequencing. The illustrations are humorous and well done. Definitely one I will be using again and again!
Kristina Jean Lareau
Jul 13, 2014 Kristina Jean Lareau rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: picturebooks
This tiny reprint of this title is good fun with the decreased page sizes as little mouse keeps adding items to his stack to reach his love. It is an interactive story rendered in soft watercolors that will most likely delight toddlers rather than the critics.
Edna
Every page turned is a lift-the-flap showing how Tiny Too-Little mouse is slowly stacking items so he can climb higher and higher to reach the height of his giraffe love. What happens when the items come tumbling down before he can reach Topsy Too-Tall the giraffe?
Linzy Stahle
Jun 15, 2016 Linzy Stahle rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: children-s-books, own
Absolutely ADORABLE! Very cute pictures and lovely story with a fun layout. Who would've thought a mouse could end up with a giraffe, but what a cute idea with a positive message. Best wishes on your happily ever after Topsy and Tiny!
Kristin
Sep 05, 2008 Kristin rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: parents and young kids
Shelves: picture-books
Grabbed this one off the display at the library - love it! It's so cute and sweet, and we always like books with different sized pages/pop ups! Some great vocab, too...Elaina learned "thimble" and "matchbox." Definitely worth checking out!
Jessica
Jan 03, 2014 Jessica rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
All you flannel makers- this would make a great one!
Melanie
A mouse desperately wants to reach the giraffe for a kiss, but she's too little? What's a mouse to do? Maybe tall giraffe can help out.

A great book to turn into a flannelboard story for storytime.
Meredith
May 14, 2009 Meredith rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: picture-books
I love it, love it, love it! The parents seemed to love it a little more than the kids, but the kids liked the pop-up parts of the book and the different sized pages. The parents were more into the story.
Amanda
Jan 24, 2010 Amanda rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kid-s-books
This is a very cute book which has some interaction (similar to The Very Hungry Caterpillar). Requested 3 times since we brought it home, so a favorite already- and he read it to me last night.
Heather
Sep 29, 2013 Heather rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
This book had different sized pages and a bit of a popup, but the story was lacking a bit. It was just okay.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
  • I Love My Daddy
  • Clip-Clop
  • Wild Boars Cook
  • A Hat for Minerva Louise
  • I'm the Best Artist in the Ocean!
  • I Can Help
  • Not Last Night But the Night Before
  • I Took My Frog to the Library
  • Because I'm Your Dad
Jeanne Willis was born in St Albans and trained as an advertising copywriter at Watford College. She worked for various agencies creating press adverts and TV, cinema and radio commercials. She is now a full-time writer and has published over 80 books. Her hobbies include gardening, reading (non-fiction), natural history and collecting caterpillars. Jeanne has also worked on scripts for TV, includ ...more
More about Jeanne Willis...