Start by marking “The Seven Year Witch (That Old Black Magic, #2)” as Want to Read:
The Seven Year Witch (That Old Black Magic, #2)

The Seven Year Witch (That Old Black Magic #2)

After this much foreplay, something’s bound to combust.

As head mistress of Beaumont coven house, Clarissa Miles has perfected two things: keeping her sister witches from accidently turning innocent bystanders into toads, and resisting the sexy overtures of her familiar, werewolf Logan Scott.

But her resolve is vanishing—fast. Seven years ago she sold her soul to save her f

Published June 21st 2011 by Samhain Publishing, Ltd. (first published March 23rd 2011)

To ask other readers questions about The Seven Year Witch, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Seven Year Witch

Beth
May 04, 2012 Beth rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: re-reading
The second book really shows greater plot & character evolution. Same fun cast of characters -- continuing on from the first story.

The big bad was horrid in a good way -- and provided a thoughtful look at human nature -- plus much smut to skim past -- but I find her characters & consequences worth it.

Immediately went to book 3 to find what was happening to Willa.
Jessica
Jun 26, 2011 Jessica rated it it was ok
Holy angst, Batman. What happened to the humor?

I enjoyed several individual scenes, but overall the characters, worldbuilding and plotting were kind of a mess... which I probably would have overlooked if I'd been laughing like I was in the first book in this series.

1. The whole deal with the devil scenario seemed like an extended suicide fantasy. Clarissa never really tries to figure a way out of it, except for some half-assed attempts when her marker's called due. All of her actions make it se
Chris Bails
Oct 21, 2011 Chris Bails rated it it was amazing
This is a story about Clarissa and Logan. She is a witch and he is her wolf familiar. Great story about learning to love, trust others, and learning that everyone is not the same and it is okay to let others in.
Clarissa is the head witch of her coven. She was never cared about by her mom, and her dad was not always the best father. Logan is her wolf familiar. He is an alpha wolf and has always loved women and then loved them some more. He has always had a crush of Clarissa. A sexy, steamy relati
Among The Muses
Being that The Seven Year Witch is my second Jodi Redford title I've had the pleasure of reading, I think that I can confidently state that this is one author who knows how to write fun and creative plot lines, humorous dialogue and witty quips, dynamic characters with unique personalities, heart-tugging moments, and some seriously scorchin' hot sex scenes!

What would you do if you knew you had only seven years to live? What would you do with the final seven days of your life? Witch and head mist
Kyla Holt
Aug 25, 2011 Kyla Holt rated it it was amazing
This series has me convinced that Jodi Redford has some serious talent. It’s not just that she crafts the steamiest romantic scenes—many, hot, romantic interactions—she manages to create intriguing characters with life-kinks that she drags us into from her opening lines.

Griffin Trudeau didn’t know it, but he was about to have his bones jumped.
Opening of That Voodoo You Do

This book had me at “bones jumped” in line one. That’s talent right there. I did a double take. With the next book:

Nothing suc
Bea
***This review contains spoilers for book 1***

This one is very different from the first book. Although the events occur in a shorter time, the pace of the story is slower, and there's less action. Well, less overall action, and almost no fighting, but there's lots of sexual action. Lots and lots of sexual action. Lots. :D The first book was a paranormal romance with the two genres pretty well evenly blended. This one is an erotic romance set within a paranormal world. Since I wasn't expecting th
Dahlia (yadkny)
Jun 09, 2011 Dahlia (yadkny) rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Paranormal Romance Lovers
Shelves: favorites
Clarissa is sorely misunderstood by everyone around her. Being decisive and for the most part in control of her surroundings has earned her many unflattering titles. As coven mistress it is important for the safety and security of the coven to regulate and be prioritized. If this comes across as some sort of complex to others then so be it. Such is the price that comes with such great responsibility.

Logan, however, isn't scared off by her icy reserve and instead becomes intent upon bringing thi
Judy & Marianne from Long and Short Reviews
This is Jodi Redford’s second visit to this wonderful world, filled with witches, their familiars and all kinds of beings we don’t often see.

What would you do to protect those you care about? That is the decision Clarissa Miles had to make, and now the payment for that safety is coming due. Seven years ago, Clarissa sold her soul to protect her father, and now the demon that holds the contract is calling it in. She has just seven days left to put her affairs in order, before leaving all she hol
Kendra
Sep 05, 2011 Kendra rated it really liked it
Favorite Quote:
“You know it’s true, Rissa. You’re the queen of my everything. You have me. All of me. Heart, body and soul.”

Review:
I was pleasantly surprised with this book; Book 2 in the That Old Black Magic series. Sometime a follow-up novel falls short, or seems a bit too much like the first one. Not in this case! Redford kept up the action once again from start to finish. Constant excitement in both overcoming obstacles and hot, steamy sex scenes.

In Book 1, That Voodoo You Do, we were intr
Kelly
This series is pretty much rocking my socks off. I mean, book 1 was good what with the zombies and the clueless witches and the shapeshifting threesome... no, wait. Shapeshifter threesome. Well, two shapeshifters and a witch. Do you think a shapeshifting threesome would involve changing shapes in the middle of the lovin'. That would be weird. Although, now that I'm thinking about it, I kinda want to read something like that. Which is totally not the point I'm trying to make, mind you. I'm trying ...more
Jess the Romanceaholic
Jul 01, 2011 Jess the Romanceaholic rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kindle-lendable
This is a Quickie Review. For the full review, please visit The Romanceaholic.

Expected Release Date: June 21, 2011 (Available Now!)
Publisher: Samhain
Imprint: N/A
Author’s Website: http://www.jodiredford.com/
My Source for This Book: Amazon.com
Part of a Series: Yes, Book 2, That Old Black Magic
Series Best Read In Order: Works well as a standalone
Steam Level: Scorching

Until very recently, any kind of love — physical or emotional — has been strictly forbidden between witches and their familiars. Now
Shirley
Nov 01, 2011 Shirley rated it really liked it
The Seven Year Witch is the second book in Jodi Redford’s That Old Black Magic series. It pretty much takes up where the first book in the series, That Voodoo You Do, left off.

I love the mix of paranormals that Jodi has created. The concept of witches and familiars isn’t a new one, but the connection that Jodi’s witches have with their shape shifting familiars is a unique spin. It also leaves the door wide open for territorial, alpha male possessiveness that the author takes full advantage of ~
Kelly
Jan 22, 2012 Kelly rated it liked it
Shelves: 2012
First I must say that I didn't know that this was a second book in a series so my issues may have been resolved if I had read book one.

I really really wanted to love this book and I did truly loved parts but not enough that I can give this novel more than 3 stars. Both Clarissa and Logan's characters were way under developed and for me that was so disappointing because they had potential to be ranked in the all time favorite h/h category.

One minute Clarissa is never sleeping with Logan he is re
Jenny Engler
Jan 13, 2012 Jenny Engler rated it really liked it
Shelves: i-own, e-book
After just finishing That Voodoo You Do, I got the pleasure of reading the next book in the series.

Bravo, Jodi Redford!
You did it again.
I read this book in less then 10 waking hours.
Couldn't. Put. It. Down.

In this book, Clarissa and Logan are falling in love. Logan knows it. Clarissa is avoiding it.
After getting a note from Seven, the person she sold her soul to seven years ago, Clarissa is faced with the fact that she has 7 days left to live.

I love the interaction with Clarissa's father
and the
Mara
Jun 27, 2011 Mara rated it it was ok
Shelves: urban-fantasy
I agree with Jessica's review.

If, like me, you haven't read the first book in the series, it probably will be difficult to understand all the hype regarding The Seven Year Witch.

You know this book has all the right "things" to be an interesting UF. But at the end it's rather bland.
T.
Jun 08, 2013 T. rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is the second disappointing story I've read by this author. The book was good, but I was glad when the book was over and I could read something else. There is a lot of fun and good lines in the story, but I was burned out in the first 100 pages. Worth a read, but get it from the library instead of paying anything for it.
Willa Edwards
Mar 19, 2012 Willa Edwards rated it really liked it
Great book. It had me questioning the whole way through what was going to happen next and how they were going to get out of this predicament. The characters were tough, but completely understandable in that way. And who couldn't love Logan, equal parts alpha and persistance. I definitely recommend this book to anyone who likes a hot, emotional and compelling paranormal read.
Cristi
Apr 06, 2013 Cristi rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: hawt, urban-fantasy
Blew through book one and devoured book two. Nope, the humor is not in this book but then Clarissa and Logan just aren't the funny couple. Holy heck are they hot and intense. I liked Jemma and Griff but Logan - mmmmmm liking that wolf lots!!
Paws
Feb 27, 2012 Paws rated it liked it
Shelves: dirty-talk
Loved Logan's dirty talk!
Crystal
I really wanted to like this book, but I felt that the story could have been better developed. Plot choices were interesting, but overall not engaging enough.
Deane Lingenfelter
May 11, 2014 Deane Lingenfelter rated it it was amazing
Scott Logan is yummy and I would read this book just to imagine him... So Calrissa needs to just relax and let Logan do his magic. Happy Reading
Archer
Not a bad book, and Logan's just yummy.. It did drag a bit, Hopefully the next one will be better.
Amanda
Feb 19, 2012 Amanda rated it really liked it
#insixwords: Jodi Redford writes the best stories.
Naomi
Naomi rated it really liked it
Jan 29, 2014
Nancy
Nancy rated it it was amazing
Sep 28, 2011
Racheal
Racheal rated it really liked it
Jan 25, 2013
Page
Page rated it really liked it
May 22, 2012
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
A Shifter/Witch Romance From Jodi Redford 1 2 Jun 22, 2011 07:19AM
  • Angel's Wolf (Westervelt Wolves, #6)
  • Embrace the Night (Night #1)
  • Crossroads (Southern Arcana, #2)
  • Kiss of Darkness (Dark Bonds, #1)
  • The Witch and the Wolf
  • Chosen by Fate (Para-Ops, #2)
  • Chance's Game (The Realm, #3)
  • Mists of Velvet (Annwyn Chronicles, #2)
  • Follow the Night (Bewitch the Dark, #0.5)
  • A Secret Life (Alias, #2)
  • Blood Bought (Cruentus Dragons, #2)
  • Hunting Human (Prime Legacy, #1)
  • Hecate's Own (Heart's Desire, #2)
  • Unwrapped
  • Silver Mine (Takhini Wolves, #2)
  • Magick Ignited (Pentacles of Magick, #2)
  • Apocalyptic Moon (After the Bane, #1)
  • Were She Belongs (Were Trilogy, #1)
At the ripe age of seven, I penned my first epic, complete with stick figure illustrations. Sadly, my drawing skills haven't improved much, but my love of creating fantasy worlds is still going strong.
Yep, I still love writing about fairies, ghosts, and other supernatural creatures, only my stories pack a little more heat these days.

I currently reside in Michigan with my husband and overgrown lapd
More about Jodi Redford...

That Old Black Magic (4 books)
  • That Voodoo You Do (That Old Black Magic, #1)
  • Maximum Witch (That Old Black Magic, #3)
  • Getting Familiar with Your Demon (That Old Black Magic, #4)