Start by marking “Vanishing Point (Miss Silver, #25)” as Want to Read:
Vanishing Point (Miss Silver, #25)

Vanishing Point (Miss Silver #25)

3.9 of 5 stars 3.90  ·  rating details  ·  203 ratings  ·  10 reviews
When a girl goes out for a walk in Hazel Green and disappears, there are suspicions that her disappearance is linked to security leaks at the nearby Air Ministry experimental station. Luckily, Miss Silver is at hand to find out.
Published 1998 by New English Library (first published 1953)

To ask other readers questions about Vanishing Point, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Vanishing Point

Micii
It is interesting and holds the attention. I want to read more. :)
Nancy Oakes
First published in 1955, Vanishing Point is still a fun read. In fact,
#24 in the Miss Silver series
I really like these old mysteries. They have lots of suspects, lots of motives and are really good in the detecting department.

In this installment of the series, Miss Silver is asked to go and do some surreptitious investigating in a small town where 2 women have disappeared and some spying is being investigated. Whether the two are related is what Miss Silver is to find out. When she gets to the
Shauna
I think this is the best of Wentworth's 'Miss Silver' series. A more in-depth plot and very good characterisation meant that I couldn't stop reading until I found out who the murderer was.
Les Wilson
Another good read from the pen of Patricia Wentworth. Recommended.
Katie
If I ever see the word "hortatory" again, it'll be too soon. Except that there are at least a few more of these books to go and I'm determined to read the whole series, so I'm sure to see it again.
Julie_ian_curtis
when i started to read this i didnt like it at all. i thought it would be crap but it was excellent. it seems dull at first we are introduced to Miss Rosamund and Miss Jenny Maxwell, two sisters whose parents died leaving them to be raised with their domineering aunt, Lydia Crewe. u feel sorry for them but nothing happens for ages. but stick with it things pick up with the arrival of miss silver.
Nicole
Marvelous. Not like the others, and intricately plotted. Miss Silver comes in early, which is always a good thing. It seems in the early going that there are just far too many people in it, and no way to remember how they are all related or what importance each is meant to have. By halfway, though, it is so suspenseful that it's impossible to stop reading until you know the whole of it.
Sara
One of my favorite Wentworths, largely because of Lady Lydia Crewe, a real Cruella de Vil type!
Young Jenny is delightful too, and the working out of the plot is nicely paced.
Karen
Read this yet again; one of favorites of her mysteries.
Jessica
Miss Silver, need I say more.
Joyce
Joyce is currently reading it
May 13, 2015
Liisa Acord
Liisa Acord marked it as to-read
May 10, 2015
Bettie☯
Bettie☯ marked it as to-read
May 10, 2015
Avril
Avril added it
May 05, 2015
Donna Byrnes
Donna Byrnes marked it as to-read
Apr 28, 2015
Julia Scarf
Julia Scarf marked it as to-read
Apr 15, 2015
Angelia
Angelia marked it as to-read
Apr 14, 2015
Kathy Kyzer
Kathy Kyzer marked it as to-read
Apr 01, 2015
Pat
Pat added it
Apr 01, 2015
carolyn merriman
carolyn merriman is currently reading it
Mar 24, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
  • The Beckoning Lady (Albert Campion Mystery #15)
  • Death in Kenya
  • Tied Up In Tinsel (Roderick Alleyn, #27)
  • Murder on the Flying Scotsman (Daisy Dalrymple, #4)
  • Duplicate Death (Inspector Hemingway Mystery #3)
  • Asking For The Moon (Dalziel & Pascoe, #16)
Patricia Wentworth--born Dora Amy Elles--was a British crime fiction writer.

She was educated privately and at Blackheath High School in London. After the death of her first husband, George F. Dillon, in 1906, she settled in Camberley, Surrey. She married George Oliver Turnbull in 1920 and they had one daughter.

She wrote a series of 32 classic-style whodunnits featuring Miss Silver, the first of wh
More about Patricia Wentworth...

Miss Silver (1 - 10 of 32 books)
  • Grey Mask (Miss Silver, #1)
  • The Case Is Closed (Miss Silver, #2)
  • Lonesome Road (Miss Silver, #3)
  • Danger Point (Miss Silver, #4)
  • The Chinese Shawl (Miss Silver, #5)
  • Miss Silver Deals With Death (Miss Silver, #6)
  • The Clock Strikes Twelve (Miss Silver, #7)
  • The Key (Miss Silver, #8)
  • She Came Back (Miss Silver, #9)
  • Pilgrim's Rest (Miss Silver, #10)
Grey Mask (Miss Silver, #1) Miss Silver Comes to Stay (Miss Silver, #16) The Case Is Closed (Miss Silver, #2) Poison in the Pen (Miss Silver, #29) The Catherine Wheel (Miss Silver, #15)