Start by marking “Now or Never (Wizards of Nevermore, #2)” as Want to Read:
Now or Never (Wizards of Nevermore, #2)

Now or Never (Wizards of Nevermore #2)

3.84  ·  Rating Details  ·  471 Ratings  ·  51 Reviews
Tormented by nightmares of a woman's death, Sheriff Taylor Mooreland is shocked to find the woman from his visions chained to an altar in the woods. He barely knows her, but something compels Taylor to protect the mysterious Lenore Whyte no matter what. Even if it means dealing with magic.

Mass Market Paperback, 296 pages
Published March 6th 2012 by Signet (first published March 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Now or Never, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Now or Never

Can't Wait Books of 2012
417th out of 2,493 books — 15,892 voters
Accidental Leigh by Melanie  JamesSerious Leigh by Melanie  JamesThe Witches of Snyder Farms by Lenora HensonThrough Time-Compulsion by Claudy ConnThe Wicked Garden by Lenora Henson
Magicians, Sorcerers, Witches In PNR/UF/FR
83rd out of 255 books — 277 voters

More lists with this book...

Catherine
I have one simple question to ask after finishing the book: Where was the romance? Oh, there was a hero and heroine who hooked up at the end of the book, but there was no relationship that would require, you know, actual interaction between them.

Although I had issues with the first book in the series, Never Again, I liked it. I found the story's 'voice' very readable and really liked the cast of characters the author assembled. The paranormal aspects of it were interesting, and I liked the small
Kari Chapman
I just couldn't get into this book. I re-read book 1 before reading this book, since it had been so long since I read book 1. I enjoyed my re-read of book 1 and was really looking forward to reading this book. However, while we spent a lot of time with the male leads POV, we didn't get much time with the female lead. And most of her POV time was before the two characters met. And that's the big problem for me. By the time I stopped reading, the two lead characters had only just actually interact ...more
Mandi Schreiner
Feb 16, 2012 Mandi Schreiner rated it it was ok
Shelves: pnr
As with the first book, I like this world. It interests me. However, in this book - the romance is SO underdeveloped. As in - THERE ISN'T ONE. I mean, there is one..but wow. Not much is really done with it.

But I like the small town feel for a pnr. I'm conflicted.

Review to come.
Dianne
Oct 20, 2012 Dianne rated it it was ok
Now or Never by Michele Bardsley

MAY CONTAIN SLIGHT SPOILERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!--------------------------------->
I love mysteries. Usually the more complicated they are, the happier I am. But have you ever read a mystery that had so many different mysteries going on at one time that you couldn't keep a line on all of them? Unfortunately, that is what seems to happening to this series. It is only two book in and I’m wondering just how Ms. Bardsley is going to be able to keep up this nearly manic
Lora
Apr 10, 2012 Lora rated it it was amazing
Molly Smith
Feb 18, 2015 Molly Smith rated it it was amazing
Taken from my review posted at That's What I'm Talking About Blog by myself and my review partner, Gikany.

Wow. Just wow. Gikany and Una are in love with this new series. Luckily for us we have discovered it early – Now or Never, the second book in the Wizards of Nevermore series is fantastic. This is how world-building should be done.
Ms. Bardsley has perfectly woven romance, mystery, detective drama, the paranormal, urban fantasy and world-building fluidly into this fantastic series. Gikany and
Betty Lambert
Sep 16, 2014 Betty Lambert rated it it was amazing
This book was truly an amazing read. Kept my attention riveted right from the beginning. Lots of characters , new and old, and the drama unfolding in Nevermore is gripping. Highly recommend though that you read the first book..this one is the 2nd book. The first book, Never Again, introduces a lot of the characters and background that you need. You could read this book as a stand alone, but I think you miss too much.
Al
Aug 12, 2015 Al rated it it was amazing
Very, very good read. However, even though this 2nd book in the series can be read as a stand alone novel, had I read the 1st book before this one it would have allowed me to appreciate characters better. That being said, great book. MIchele Bardsley leaves you waiting for the next book in the series.
Margaret
Mar 10, 2014 Margaret rated it really liked it

And when an investigation into a series of suicides leads Taylor deep into the town's past, he discovers that the key to saving Lenore and the town of Nevermore may have a surprising connection...

About the A
Barbara ★
I absolutely loved the first book in the series. This one, not so much. There were just too many things going on and way too many POVs (everyone seemed to be in a starring role). I really liked the characters but I just think that none of them had enough of a center stage to really shine. And where was the romance? There was more romancy angst between Ant and Happy than the hero and heroine, Taylor and Lenore. I think the hero and heroine shared exactly one kiss towards the end of the book and t ...more
Bookaholics
Apr 03, 2012 Bookaholics rated it really liked it
Now or Never by Michele Bardsley
Paranormal Romance -March 6th, 2012
4 stars

Now or Never continues the fascinating series in the author’s new Wizards of Nevermore books. The various Houses of magic with various powers and personalities easily pulled in this reader. In this story, the devious, avaricious and amoral Raven House prey on a unsuspecting young woman in their bid for power.

Lenore Whyte’s life has been a hard one. Although she loved her mother, her paranoia kept her on the move and preven
Michelle
Apr 15, 2012 Michelle rated it really liked it
Michele Bardsley takes us back to her fun new series and the town of Nevermore, Texas in her newest installment Now or Never. Previously we were introduced to a world where some people have magical talent, some don’t, but when living in the town of Nevermore any type of magical talent can be amplified. This story follows Sheriff Taylor Mooreland as he tries to keep the citizen of Nevermore safe. But he’s continuously plagued by dreams of a young woman screaming for help. When late one night Tayl ...more
Jo (My House of Books)
I liked the first book of this series, Never Again, so I had hoped I would enjoy this new take on paranormal romance. Now or Never, I think, just had too many aspects pulling the narrative in varying directions.

We are reintroduced to Sheriff Taylor Mooreland, who has murder and/or suicide to solve. He's irritated because (1) the gun found at the scene of the crime should be under lock and key and (2) he's the man with the key. Add to this mystery the strange dreams he's been having, and Taylor
Darcy
Apr 09, 2012 Darcy rated it liked it
Shelves: 2012, pnr, magic, ghosts
So much of the appeal of this series is the town of Nevermore, itself. The whole magical town where people who use magic and those that don't get along. It does seem like there is something about Nevermore that makes it ground zero for a lot of crazy things that seem to be happening in the magical world.

From the start I really liked Norie, you knew there was more to her than what meets the eye. As we learned more and more of just what happened in her life I wanted to cry for her. She lost so muc
Shauni
Jul 10, 2012 Shauni rated it really liked it
Now or Never is the second book in Michele Bardsley's Wizards of Nevermore series and boy is Nevermore heating up.

Nevermore is a town in Texas under Dragon Rule.. it also happens to host a goddess fountain and we learn a nemetin. The Ravens have joined forces with the Demons and have decided to withdraw from the grand council an unheard of concept. Never in the two thousand years since the council was created has a house withdrawn.

In order to do so they must find a way to free Kahl.. they have c
Ellie
Mar 26, 2012 Ellie rated it liked it
Now or Never, Wizards of Nevermore #2, by Michele Bardsley
Grade: B-

“They had, maybe, a couple of days to figure out everything, save Norie, save Nevermore, and of yeah, save the world. And if it could all be done without telling his mother, that would be even better.”

Taylor Mooreland is the Sheriff of Nevermore, Texas and although he himself has no magic he is used to being around those who do. For the last month Taylor has been dreaming of an unknown woman, who he desperately tries to save and
Michelle the Romance Witch
Ummm... that was a bit of a disappointment.
The story in itself was interesting with lots of plot twists and the premise behind the plot was Awesome and had so much potential to be great.
Unfortunately there was just too much going on at one time. Though the story required a lot of different POVs to get everything explained that part was at least done well. The little side love stories were fun too. My biggest problem was the romance angle. The romance was all in the background. You could see so
Amanda
Mycoton32
Aug 14, 2015 Mycoton32 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
17/20
En bref, j'ai adoré retrouver le monde de l'auteur même si je regrette un peu un final trop rapide. Mais le reste de l'histoire est prenant, les personnages de Lenore et Taylor vraiment bien campés, on s'imagine sans peine vivant cette aventure avec eux. Les rebondissements sont nombreux et nous réservent quelques belles surprises ! Et étant donné le dénouement, il me tarde de lire la suite pour voir de quelle manière les choses évoluent !

Melissa
Sep 07, 2014 Melissa rated it liked it
Fun read!! I enjoy the world the author has created. I love when a series draws me in and I want to know what is going on with all the characters. Her storyline keeps things hopping and she adds a little romance to keep is invested. I am eagerly awaiting the next in the series. In the meantime, :) I am going to read her other books out there. :)
Donna Campbell
Feb 18, 2015 Donna Campbell rated it liked it
Considering this is the first one I have read of the series & it seems like a lot has gone on--it still could stand alone and had interesting themes. Lenore was interesting & Sheriff Taylor HOT. Story good and makes you want to know what happens next--so see next book.
Diana
Nov 14, 2011 Diana rated it liked it
Nevermore's sheriff, Taylor Mooreland, is driven by nightmares and a ghostly voice to find Leonore Whyte, chained and naked to an altar. Leonore is without memories of her past, and doesn't know why a mysterious group is intent on sacrificing her to a demon. Together, the two must unravel her past and protect her from harm.

For a supernatural book, this was great. Wonderful tension, a fast clip with believable discoveries, and a fairly menacing threat. Where it fell short, however, was the romanc
Tehrene
Dec 10, 2012 Tehrene rated it really liked it
I read a lot of the other reviews and they complained about to much going on in the book. I thought it felt like a soap opera, many different POVs. It was definitely different from the first book. But in that book all the different avenues converged into one a lot sooner in the book.
I enjoyed where the story went but I also though the ending was a bit rushed. The last chapter was a cliffhanger I absolutely didn't see coming and I can't say that I am overjoyed with it.
I like Taylor, Ant and Tre
Vanyer
Jun 12, 2013 Vanyer rated it liked it
While I still love the world Michele built in this series, I am not sure I loved this book. There was a lot of switching characters, which I don't really care for. It seemed choppy, like the main characters were being shortchanged plot time in favor of getting in these short vignettes featuring other characters. I felt shortchanged in getting to know the lead couple, like their relationship was merely a short story within the book. I will still read the next book because I want to know what happ ...more
Taylor Rice
Aug 18, 2015 Taylor Rice rated it liked it
Dark. Vibrant. Sexy.
Nancy Huff
Jul 22, 2014 Nancy Huff rated it really liked it
A pretty good read if somewhat predictable. There are a lot of characters that made me distracted about their own story lines.
MostlyDelores
Sep 27, 2012 MostlyDelores rated it liked it
Not so much a book as connector between books -- this little wafer offered a continuation of the story arc and a peek at several new characters, but it was hardly a self-contained entity and it barely had a story of it's own. I like the world and the style of this series, but I'm now tempted to wait until it's all over and read them later rather than these piecemeal updates.
Eva (TXBookjunkie)
I think there was too much going on in this book. There are a ton of people involved (including those from the previous story), multiple story lines, and even more questions. The relationship between the hero and heroine ended up falling into the background. The story was interesting but this felt like a bridge for the next book and not a romance book.
Maria
May 14, 2012 Maria rated it really liked it
Marie
Sep 05, 2012 Marie rated it it was ok
Shelves: michele-bardsley
  • Darkness Undone (Marked Souls, #4)
  • Demons Are a Girl's Best Friend (Hex, #5)
  • Sin's Dark Caress (Dark Brethren, #3)
  • Waltz This Way (Ex Trophy Wives #3)
  • Charmed & Ready (Bronwyn the Witch, #2)
  • Dating the Undead
  • Embraced by Blood (Sweetblood, #2)
  • Utterly Charming (Fates, #1)
  • Eternity's Mark
  • Halfway Hexed (Southern Witch, #3)
  • Dark and Disorderly (The Adventures of Lillie St. Claire, #1)
  • The Shifting Price of Prey (Spellcrackers.com, #4)
  • Vampire Dragon (Works Like Magick, #3)
  • Wicked Lies (Dark Mission #4.5)
  • Wanted: Undead or Alive (Love at Stake, #12)
  • Evernight: Romance in a World of Darkness, Volume 1
  • I Dream of Dragons, Volume 1
  • Howl For Me (True Destiny, #3)
New York Times and USA Today bestselling author Michele Bardsley writes about Oklahoma vampires, small-town romance, sexy alpha shifters, and smokin' hot heroes. She lives in Texas with her Viking and their fur babies.

Visit her website!

Join her newsletter!
More about Michele Bardsley...

Wizards of Nevermore (3 books)
  • Never Again (Wizards of Nevermore, #1)
  • Never Say Die (Wizards of Nevermore #3)