Start by marking “The Fathomless Fire (Perilous Realm, #2)” as Want to Read:
The Fathomless Fire (Perilous Realm, #2)

The Fathomless Fire (Perilous Realm #2)

3.85 of 5 stars 3.85  ·  rating details  ·  39 ratings  ·  7 reviews
"The Perilous Realm is not just a world with stories in it. This world is Story. Whatever you might find in a story, you will find here. Adventures, strange encounters, riddles. Heroes and monsters. Bravery, goodness and terrible evil."

Will has returned from his exhilarating adventure in the Realm and is back at home with his family trying to go through the motions of ordi
Published January 10th 2012 by Doubleday Canada

To ask other readers questions about The Fathomless Fire, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Fathomless Fire

Betty
My only regret is that I never discovered this series, The Perilous Realm sooner so I would have read the first episode earlier. The Fathomless Fire is the second of this trilogy. But for excitement and fascination, we are quickly whisked away into the current realm and all its secrets.

What happens to a story when it never ends, when for some reason the telling of the story is never finished? This is the heart of this trilogy and what makes it so interesting. Though this is the second book of 'T
Nicola Mansfield
Reason for Reading: Next in the series.

The first book in this trilogy was published in 2008 and I read it at that time. That book had ended with the conclusion of it's main plot although leaving it open for a next book to carry on with an overall arching plot. I had basically forgotten about this series when I saw the second volume was finally out and vaguely remembering a fondness for the story decided to carry on with it. I barely remembered any of the plot of book one as I went into this but
Nicole Luiken
This is book two and it shows. While some cool stuff happened (I especially enjoyed the skyships), there was little resolution. Most of the plot is building towards book three.
Charity
Amber
Jan 23, 2014 Amber added it
Not as good as the first but still really great!!! I love this series! Thomas Wharton is a great writer!
Lucy
Feb 07, 2012 Lucy added it
Read for professional review.
PWRL
Feb 11, 2013 PWRL marked it as to-read
Shelves: 2013-new
SM
Jocey Asnong
Jocey Asnong marked it as to-read
Dec 08, 2014
Corrine
Corrine marked it as to-read
Nov 17, 2014
Ann Camille Libre
Ann Camille Libre marked it as to-read
Nov 14, 2014
Nick
Nick marked it as to-read
Nov 09, 2014
Beatriz López
Beatriz López marked it as to-read
Oct 25, 2014
Melissa Nofzinger
Melissa Nofzinger marked it as to-read
Oct 20, 2014
C G
C G marked it as to-read
Sep 24, 2014
Erica
Erica marked it as to-read
Sep 15, 2014
Kristi
Kristi marked it as to-read
Sep 12, 2014
Matt
Matt marked it as to-read
Aug 23, 2014
Alexia Polasky
Alexia Polasky marked it as to-read
Aug 20, 2014
Elsa
Elsa added it
Aug 19, 2014
Twila Jowers
Twila Jowers marked it as to-read
Aug 07, 2014
Marie-Josee Larouche
Marie-Josee Larouche marked it as to-read
Aug 05, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
About Me
I live in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada and I write books for grown-ups and kids. The Shadow of Malabron, the first volume in my trilogy The Perilous Realm, is available now in Canada, the UK, and the US.
More about Thomas Wharton...
Salamander Icefields The Shadow of Malabron (Perilous Realm, #1) The Logogryph: A Bibliography of Imaginary Books The Tree of Story