Start by marking “Spell Bound (Hex Hall, #3)” as Want to Read:
Spell Bound (Hex Hall, #3)

Spell Bound (Hex Hall #3)

4.09  ·  Rating Details ·  49,469 Ratings  ·  3,730 Reviews
Hailed as “impossible to put down,” the Hex Hall series has both critics and teens cheering. With a winning combination of romance, action, magic and humor, this third volume will leave readers enchanted.

Just as Sophie Mercer has come to accept her extraordinary magical powers as a demon, the Prodigium Council strips them away. Now Sophie is defenseless, alone, and at the
Published March 13th 2012 by Hyperion Book CH

To ask other readers questions about Spell Bound, please sign up.

This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)
Anusha Omg I know right! Honestly, sorry, but I was on Archer's side. I never wanted Cal to die! At least the book had a happy ending and Cal was haunting…moreOmg I know right! Honestly, sorry, but I was on Archer's side. I never wanted Cal to die! At least the book had a happy ending and Cal was haunting Graymalkin Island. Hopefully, he liked Elodie later, so at least he had someone.(less)
Can't Wait Books of 2012
2,453 books — 15,837 voters
YA Novels of 2012
1,326 books — 10,644 voters

More lists with this book...

Wendy Darling
**Please be aware that the spoilers in this review are real, so don't click on them unless you've read the book. There are mild spoilers in the visible text, but they're not anything that you haven't already guessed if you're already a fan of the series. And since three people have done this already, please DO NOT discuss spoilers in this book without spoiler-tagging your comments since you will absolutely ruin the book for people who haven't read the book yet. If you don't know how to do this, ...more
Jessica
Feb 14, 2011 Jessica rated it really liked it
Shelves: own, 2012
Review, March 15:

As much as it literally hurts rating this book four stars, I have to do it. I will admit to anyone who wants to hear that I have pretty much been obsessively waiting for this ending since I read Hex Hall on my birthday two years ago. Really. I have waited so long, and as much as I want to say it was perfect it wasn't.

Not to say it wasn't enjoyable. In fact, I absolutly love it. I love the humor, I love the twist in Part two. I adore Sophie, Archer, Jenna, and Cal, and I so wish
Jillian -always aspiring-
Jan 30, 2011 Jillian -always aspiring- marked it as maybe-reads
Are you trying to make me insane, Ms. Hawkins? What happens if I die before this book comes out, huh? I will have been left with the cliffhanger of Demonglass as an ending. I hope you're happy with yourself.

. . .Okay, okay, I am bordering on the melodramatic, I know. I just can't believe this book's release is so far away! That ending was evil. Not demon evil, but evil enough.
Aj the Ravenous Reader

I am Spellbound. Every time I read a book by a Rachel, it seems I am instantly captivated. Let me just recall some of these lovelies. Rachel E. Carter, Rachel Higginson and now Rachel Hawkins. Maybe it also has a lot to do with my awesome big sister being Rachel too.

Now, now, let’s go to the review.

As much as I would like to say this is the best book in the series, I could not do that because honestly, compared to the first two, this is not as great but...there’s a BIG BUT (no pun intended. s
Carolina
Jun 20, 2011 Carolina marked it as to-read
Is someone having fun conspiring against me?
2012?!
Is this some kind of joke?
Should I be laughing?
Probably I should, but no, I will kill somebody and then I'll feel better.

*Thinks about killing some certain author but what if that certain author has a fourth book? Who would write it then, right? Kills a mosquito instead*

No, I don't fell better.

I WANT Spell Bound!

*Starts creating a diabolic plan to, somehow (time machine?), drop in 2012 and come back with the book*
Mariama
Mar 27, 2011 Mariama marked it as to-read
Normally I read books about three years after they come out which would've been perfect for Demonglass because then I wouldn't have to WAIT for the third book to come out. I wouldn't care usually, I'd just add this to my to-read list and get on with life but WTF WAS THAT CLIFFHANGER? IT MADE ME WANT TO TEAR THE BOOK APART? AHHH ASDJHNWFNLAESIUGNLD.

Please, Rachel Hawkins, have some mercy. My poor soul is dying here.
Cait
Apr 28, 2011 Cait marked it as to-read
I need this book soooooo bad! After that ultimate cliffhanger I was like what...what.....woah...no...that couldn't have been it....
I actually kept on turning the page to see if there was a secret couple of pages that I was missing.
WHY ,HAWKINS, WHYYY?!
This is just cruel. :((( I think all of my favorite authors are conspiring against me to have totally awful cliffhangers and not publish their books for extended periods of time. Sighhh

Edit: Ohhh I do like the name of the book. Spell Bound! Woot!
Cassi aka Snow White Haggard
Mar 01, 2011 Cassi aka Snow White Haggard rated it really liked it
Shelves: ya, read-in-2012
I want this like Sophie Mercer wants Archer Cross. (In my bed with me now! Because that's where I read books)

The above is my pre-reading review. Liked it! I always need more Archer though. Wonder what the spin-off series is going to be about. (view spoiler)

PSA Unrelated to the book but important.

photo Goodreads_zpsfd34dfc1.jpg
Katy
Mar 15, 2012 Katy rated it it was ok
Was it just me or was anyone else truly and utterly disappointed with this book? I really, really, really liked the first two, but this one just didn't do it for me - not because Sophie didn't choose the guy I was rooting for but becasue the whole book itself was pretty blah.

First of all, I LOVED Sophie in the first two books. This one, not so much. She was just downright annoying. "Hellalicious? Duck, duck, demon? Brannicks, magic and hell, ohmy?" Really?!?! I know Hawkins was writing Sophie as
Diane ϟ [ Lestrange ]
D' Epic Battles

Harry's version...

Aragorn's version...

Sophie's version...

There are lots of reasons why I gave it two stars or what we called OK stars rather than the Liked stars.

The Hex Hall has been highlighted or well known for its being fluffy, charming and funny. And that’s why I liked this series. This third book on the other hand is too darn dark to be neither these three. sigh!

Initially I had problems with the "whole book". I never felt fully immersed with it. I felt like a ping pong ball
Amy-beth
Mar 06, 2011 Amy-beth rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2012-reads
Want it... Need it!!! I kept hitting next page on my kindle at the last page.... that's just plain old evil!!! >.< I should protest the next book, but I WANT IT!!! and for some reason, I'm rooting for Cal... Archer... I trust him as far as i can throw him.

4/5/12- finished the book in one sitting.... I was suspious at first with the begining but...it all turned out beautifully besides one part....curse you Archer! Curse you! Lol (team cal always!!)
Mizuki
Pre-review:

Am I the only one who have grown to dislike Sophie and think she's becoming increasingly annoying during the first two books?

Am I the only one to think Ms. Hawkins' supposed 'humor' and witty remarks are getting old?

Am I the only one who thinks witty remarks are nice, but if they were spoon-fed to us in almost every single page of a novel, then I will have to say 'enough is enough'?

In another words, I don't have much high hope for that third book of the series.

Short Review:

1.5 star.

I
jade
Oct 13, 2013 jade rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: pnr
The series has been losing steam since the second book. Scenes, actions and plots in this book feel overly simplified and rushed.
(view spoiler)
Irena
Nov 02, 2013 Irena rated it really liked it
I'm not sure how long has it been since I've read Demonglass, but while reading this one, it felt like it has been too long.
It's like my brain lost it's ability to remember details from previous books and at some times, I was lost.
I forgot names, relationships and some pretty big events that happened before this book.
However, page by page, I remebered most of it.

This was an okay last book in the series. It was not an epic finale and I can't even call it a conclusion since it left open door for a
Andis/Slytherin
May 11, 2015 Andis/Slytherin rated it really liked it
This book was really good!
But it is my least favorite book in the trilogy, and it's not because it was bad, it's because everything in this book was just so fast pace I had trouble grasping onto what was going on.
Still a great book though!
Jonababez
Apr 20, 2012 Jonababez rated it liked it
Shelves: e-book
I finished reading this book last night, and I needed to calm down before I write a review. (This contains few spoilers, so watch out!) I'm too depressed, too sad, and too frustrated. I know I should have not taken this book so personally, but I've grown to really like Cal, and it has hurt me damn much on what has happened to him. He didn't deserve it. It was too much. I hate Hawkins for doing it to him, she didn't even give him a chance to be happy. And I also hate myself because I'm so affecte ...more
Katherine
RATING: 2 Out Of 5

Major. Let. Down.

How un-surprising that the last novel in the Hex Hall series would be a major let down and be utterly disappointing. Eghh its infuriating some of the events that transpired in the novel and readers you’ll know exactly what I’m talking about when you read it.

The novel is un-funny – though it does try very hard to be so, but I’m afraid it falls short in the funny department. Looks like Hawkins used up all her cans of funny in the previous two books, and these bo
Rachel Maniacup
Wow! This series really is enchanting!No wonder,I was also bewitched in Rachel Hawkins' School Spirits which is clearly btw not a sequel to Hex Hall,nor Hex Hall is a sequel to School Spirits.But both have a different kind of entertaining stories where in the other series,you'll find the story of Izzy(Isolde) while the other is about Sophie.

I can't believe that the newly introduced characters here were actually the characters I was missing in School Spirits,(though they were already mentioned in
Elena
Apr 04, 2015 Elena rated it really liked it
Rachel Hawkins knows how to make me smile !
Mel
May 05, 2016 Mel rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Solid ending to this series. I liked how it concluded.
Emir Ibañez
Mar 16, 2017 Emir Ibañez rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Esta serie definitivamente y NO SÉ POR QUÉ se transformó en un guilty pleasure impresionante. Sé que es mala, sé que es cliché y sé que es olvidable, pero algo me enganchó y me encantó. Este tomo, el desenlace de la saga, fue más interesante y dinámico que el segundo y las escenas finales fueron muy emocionantes. Se la super recomiendo a chixs que estén comenzando a meterse en la lectura.
Neil (or bleed)
First thing first. I love the ending. (view spoiler)

The story has started when Sophie enter the Itineris and came up in the Brannicks homestead and in just that particular beginning, a revelation has shocked Sophie. Me too. I re
Mimi Valentine
Rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars!

I don't want to write this review. Instead, I want to hide in the corner with a blanket and some tissues so I can read this book all over again because: It. Was. AMAZING!

Taking place right where Demonglass left off, Spell Bound starts off running and doesn't slow down at all. Every time you think that something is going right and the cast will finally get a break, something else goes wrong that leaves you flipping pages faster than before. Hawkins knows how to write a
~Tina~
Popcorn! If I had to pick a mood-food to go with these books it would have to be a big buttery bowl of popcorn.
It just goes so nicely with the theme of entertaining and fun as hell!

I'm gonna keep this brief since really all I have to say is that I freaken love this series!!
It's fun and funny, it's exciting and completely consuming. It doesn't have one dry moment. I love the writing and the zingy dialog. The characters are incredibly easy to love, the romance is giggly swoon-worthy and the story
Angigames
Carino!
Fresco e simpatico, questo libro mi ci voleva proprio in questo periodo!
Sophie è una protagonista che sa prendersi in giro, che trasforma, grazie a delle battute mirate, le situazioni più difficili in qualcosa di molto più simpatico. Certo, mi aspettavo un pochino di più da questo ultimo volume, e si, sono acida, ma lo pseudo triangolo tra Cal, la stessa Sophie e Archer mi è sembrato, lasciatemelo dire, INUTILE, così come il sacrificio di Cal alla fine.
Cioè no, non ci sto.
E si, c’era d
Mitch
Mar 14, 2012 Mitch rated it it was ok
Raeleen Lemay
Dec 22, 2011 Raeleen Lemay rated it really liked it
This book was a crazy ride, and I loved it! It was a great end to the trilogy, but I'm going to miss the series!

Check out my video review! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uMbHME...
Jodi Meadows
Jun 28, 2011 Jodi Meadows rated it it was amazing
*flail flail flail*

Also:

*flail*
Silvy Herondale
Nov 02, 2015 Silvy Herondale rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Un degno finale per una bellissima trilogia <3
Archer, mi mancherai!!
Recensione: http://wefoundwonderlandinbooks.blogs...
YA Buddy Readers'...: Spell Bound(Hex Hall#3) by Rachel Hawkins - Restarting May 1st 2016 30 90 Apr 28, 2016 02:33AM
Bookreads :): Spell Bound 1 1 Jan 10, 2016 02:57PM
A Million More Pages: 3 - Spell Bound (Hex Hall): May 3 3 11 May 06, 2015 07:30PM
En Español, Please!: Embrujo (Hex Hall #3) - (Diciembre 2014) 1 3 Dec 17, 2014 07:38AM
Cal or Archer? 117 457 Dec 02, 2014 05:27AM
What's up with Torin and Izzy? 12 204 Nov 12, 2014 08:28PM
  • Chosen at Nightfall (Shadow Falls, #5)
  • Kiss of Frost (Mythos Academy, #2)
  • Queen of the Dead (The Ghost and the Goth, #2)
  • Losing Lila (Lila, #2)
  • Shine (Shade, #3)
  • Perception (Clarity, #2)
  • Forgiven (The Demon Trappers, #3)
  • Endlessly (Paranormalcy, #3)
  • Before I Wake (Soul Screamers, #6)
  • Spellcaster (Spellbound, #2)
  • Social Suicide (Deadly Cool, #2)
  • The Last Echo (The Body Finder, #3)
  • The Savage Grace (The Dark Divine, #3)
  • Jessica Rules the Dark Side (Jessica, #2)
  • Last Rite (Personal Demons, #3)
  • Covet (The Clann, #2)
  • Goddess Interrupted (Goddess Test, #2)
  • Darkness Falls (Immortal Beloved, #2)

Hex Hall (3 books)
  • Hex Hall (Hex Hall, #1)
  • Demonglass (Hex Hall, #2)

“Whoa, I'm your girlfriend now?"
Archer shrugged. "We've tried to kill each other, fought ghouls, and kissed a lot. I'm pretty sure we're married in some cultures.”
437 likes