Wicked Pleasure (Castle of Dark Dreams, #2)

Wicked Pleasure (Castle of Dark Dreams #2)

4.06 of 5 stars 4.06  ·  rating details  ·  1,132 ratings  ·  44 reviews
View our feature on Nina Bangs's Wicked Pleasure.

Second in the sizzling supernatural trilogy from the USA Today bestselling author.

In an adult theme park, the Castle of Dark Dreams is home to three powerful brothers-each with a special gift for the woman bold enough to live out her secret fantasies.

Published February 6th 2007 by Berkley

The Perfect Play by Jaci BurtonLover Avenged by J.R. WardLover Mine by J.R. WardInsatiable by Lauren DaneCity of Bones by Cassandra Clare
Hottest Guy on a Cover
280th out of 1,119 books — 1,606 voters
Dark Lover by J.R. WardLover Awakened by J.R. WardLover Eternal by J.R. WardLover Unbound by J.R. WardHalfway to the Grave by Jeaniene Frost
Hot Paranormal Romance
261st out of 1,072 books — 1,387 voters

More lists with this book...

Patti
Brynn McNair is cursed whenever he is around a woman for more than an hour she owns his body for the night. Kim Vaughn just wants to find an ordinary man with ordinary problems and live an ordinary life. So naturally cosmic trouble maker Sparkle Stardust steps in to give them both what they need. But not necessarily what they asked for.

Nina Bangs delivers another story of love and fun with a little chaos thrown in for good measure. I definitely enjoyed it.
Barbara M.
During the first 50 pages or so I had very high hopes for "Wicked Pleasure", for indeed it did start out wickedly good...but it fizzled really quick, and in record time everything seemed crazy repetitive. I tried real hard to stay into it, but in the end my imagination and interest gave up completely.
Kelex
Feb 25, 2010 Kelex rated it 5 of 5 stars
Shelves: owned
Definitely a step up from other mind-candy romance novels, this adds in a few refreshing twists.

The supernatural element is mostly welcome, but there is also a definite change in the overall language to the books as well, far less purple than other novels in the genre. While there's not a quivering member or a honeyed anything to be found, it makes the reader feel a lot more at ease reading the book because the actual details don't make you cringe or feel like you're wading through metaphors.

T...more
Krista Bunny
I had to stop 65% through this book because it just drove me nuts. Here was this big build up -he's so hot and has been pleasing women for 500 years, she's hot for him- and it was nothing... Call me wrong for judging a book by it's first sex scene, but it was so lacking I couldn't stay interested anymore.
The world was really flimsily constructed, but I stuck through. The heroine was lackluster (she just wants an ORDINARY LIFE - gimme a break and grow a backbone) and her family so far-fetched (h...more
Sharon
A host of fun characters in this book. Kept me smiling to the last page.

Second in a series, but my 1st book by Nina Bangs. (Like that name she gave herself :D

The h is summoned to an interview at the Castle of Dark Dreams, takes place in Texas. She is a Vaughn, the notorious Demon Slaying family, but she really wants to be an architect. She can't spot a demon so she carries her side kick, a sentient cell phone type demon destroyer, who can't differentiate a demon either. To her (Flo, the demon de...more
Carolyn F.
I'd give this book a 3.5. It was sometimes really good. What I find surprising about Bangs' books is that you would think with all of her titles there's sex from the get-go and all throughout the books, but I was halfway done with the book before the romance started and there really wasn't that many scenes in the rest of the book. Not that I'm complaining, just an observation. The story itself was okay. I didn't really believe the romance between Kim and Brynn. It seemed like an initial attracti...more
Taylor
Mar 13, 2012 Taylor rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Women with a sense of humour
This book was entertainng, I loved how Fo and Gabriel were sentient beings. And how sympathetic and caring Kim is, similar to Donna, but not as kick ass and more cool and collected. The humour in parts of this book were unforutnately lost on me, but I enjoyed reading it anyway, especially with all the superhero references. Also, Ganymedes' addition to the group is interesting... I can't help but picture him as a fat cat, with cheeks like the cat from the kitty litter commercial. People should re...more
Mz. Billie Bookz
nina bangs adds a corky sense of humor to this paranormal series!!..luv it!!
Alexis
I did not read the first book in this series, but I was still able to understand the story. I love the idea of a Castle fantasy like themepark for Adults, it is def different. Overall it was a good read for me. A supposen demon falls in love with a supposen demon hunter, I loved it! I thought the ending could have been a little better though, I felt like the final fight was hyped up to nothing special. I would read the next book just to read about the next character's story.
P.S. FAVORITE WORD -...more
July
Brynn McNair has been a Demon with a compuslion to fulfill a women's sexual pleasure after being in her prescence of an hour because of a ancient curse. He hates his this so much that he feels destate and remorse afterwards. When he meets Kim Vaughn an architect who comes to the the Castle of the Dark Dreams at the request of the owner to upgrade the castle, he actually feels something for a woman for the first time. But, Kim is a Demon Hunter. There is alot of players in this book that make for...more
Amy
Okay, I REALLY liked the concept of this book. Frankly, it was pretty refreshing to read about a guy who can't say no and a girl who refuses to say yes. I did kinda have my suspicions about who the baddie bad was and I did have that nailed, but it didn't distract from the book at all. Didn't realize this was a 2nd in a series, but now, I want the rest.

On a side note, for all of you Dresden fans...Did you watch the TV series? I seriously had the Bob from the TV series pictured as Holgarth.
Angie
This is the 2nd in the series (the first is wicked nights)and it continues to entertain. This one involves a demon of sensual desire who if after 1 hour must offer himself to the woman he is with. If they deny him then the curse stops until the next time. Brynn has lived this way for hundreds of years and doesn't believe he will ever be rid of the curse... Again this series is fun and sexy and I can't wait until the next book-which I already have :)
Erika  Badass
The book was ok. It felt a bit lackluster and forced. What I like about Nina Bangs and her Castle men is the simplicity of the world. It's not hard to understand. It's not complicated and the plot is fairly easy to follow.

All that being said, the book got a bit boring the last hundred pages or so and I thought the end was anticlimactic. I was like... that's it? That's how the big bad get's dead? erm... could have been better
Natalie
Nina Bangs once again does a great job of mixing humor (ironic and slapstick) into an action-filled paranormal romance, heavy on the romance. As expected, there are several hot sex scenes. The well-developed side romances going on are carried on throughout the series - some never get their own book but you see it progress. Certainly a fun and fairly quick read. LOVE the Galveston setting!
Melissa Villano
This one was by far one of my favorites!!! I re-read all of them... This one though... Fell apart
Melissa
I am love, love, loving this series. It is not just a vampire series. It has other immortals involved. It has an immortal warrior, and a NOT evil demon. This story was about the demon and I loved how it turned out. These books are keeping me going. I have grown attached to these characters. I do recommend this to anyone!
Cindy
Can't get enough of this series!
What a little cosmic trouble making? Well when your dealing with another person life, it can add up to all kinds of problems. Take Brynn the demon who just wants to be wanted for who he is and nothing more. Second in the series Castle of Dark Dreams.
Imjstgr8
I would give this book 3.5 stars. Its not as bad as a 3 but not as good as a 4. But I definitely enjoyed it. It had lots of funny lines and a pretty good plot even if it wasn't as hot as the cover and title portrays. But I still enjoyed it and am really looking forward to the next one.
Christy
This one is about the love slave and his struggle finding love. Another supporting character is introduced in this one. It took me a little bit to get into this book that is why I didn't give it a 5 star but It was pretty good and definately funny. I can't read the 3rd book.
Sarita
Oh man....I could not get into this one.

I'm usually all about paranormal, but this one gave me a headache. (I think it may have been due to the incredibly itsy-bitsy tpye)

I tried to read it two different times, and I've decided to give up.
Netanella
What a struggle to get through this book...no tension, no passion, just straight line boring. The most exciting moment was trying to figure out what type of candy the characters would buy in the candy shop. Bah!
SAHMwIssues
Just didn't dig this series. Read it because a friend of mine did/does. It was super corny. Plants that thrive off of others having sex, etc. I know I read paranormal craziness, but this was too much for me.
Rebecca Nolan
I really did enjoy this book it was funny, and easy to read. I loved the idea of the castle and the men in this book seem WOW. The characters are unique and easy to picture. just loved it!
Cindyg
Good read. Although I did not get in to as much as I have the others. Don't really know why, it was fast paced, I loved the characters and it was satisfying. I like the series.
Kirsten
Jun 02, 2014 Kirsten rated it 5 of 5 stars
Shelves: own
Fantastic book! I always love reading books that make me laugh, and I loved the humor and romance in this book. I look forward to reading more from Ms. Bangs.
Rexanna
I love Ms. Bangs books. She has a way with words and odd characters that keeps me entertained way into the night.
Cher
Somewhat dull in parts because it didn't reflect what I think of as sexy, but good internal consistency and plotting.
Meghan
I meant to purchase a book of the same name by a different author...guess I'll have to read this one too, now...oops!
This is an "odd" series. When I get my thoughts together, I'll write more.......
Izabela Malan
Brynn and Kim are pretty damn boring compared to Donna and Eric the Evil. Meh.
  • Throne of Oak (Maggie's Grove, #2)
  • Night's Master (Children of The Night, #3)
  • Master of Darkness (Primes, #4)
  • A Girl's Guide to Guns and Monsters
  • Men at Work
  • The Forever Kiss
  • The Vampire's Kiss (Savannah Vampire, #3)
  • The Hunter's Prey: Erotic Tales of Texas Vampires
  • Wolf Mates
  • Crouching Vampire, Hidden Fang (Dark Ones, #7)
  • Absolutely Captivated (Fates #5)
  • Broken Heart Tails (Broken Heart, #8.5)
  • Passionate Thirst (Candace Steele Vampire Killer #1)
  • Realm Of Shadows (Vampire, #4)
Talk about misspent youth. What did I do during those lazy summer days of childhood when I could’ve been honing my writing skills? Nothing. Okay, so I spent a lot of time dreaming I was a cowgirl with a trusty black stallion. Oh, and I read every Walter Farley horse novel. I was an only child so I relied on my imagination to supply the excitement in my life.

By high school, I’d decided to trade in...more
More about Nina Bangs...
Eternal Pleasure (Gods of the Night, #1) Wicked Nights (Castle of Dark Dreams, #1) Master of Ecstasy (Mackenzie Vampires, #1) Eternal Craving (Gods of the Night, #2) Night Bites (Mackenzie Vampires, #2)