Start by marking “Center Court Sting” as Want to Read:
Center Court Sting

Center Court Sting

3.76  ·  Rating Details  ·  50 Ratings  ·  12 Reviews
CENTER COURT STING Trash talking leads to trouble on the basketball court.... Forward Daren McCall is quick with an insult, quick to take offense, and quick to blame anyone but himself for his troubles. So when center Lou Bettman accuses him first of bad-mouthing him, then of vandalism, Daren turns the tables and insists that Lou is out to get him. The team splits into two ...more
Published December 19th 2009 by Little, Brown Books for Young Readers (first published October 1st 1998)

To ask other readers questions about Center Court Sting, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Center Court Sting

Max N
Mar 02, 2015 Max N rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
In the book Center Court Sting, Daren is having friendship issues with everyone on the basketball team. The Rangers have a tough schedule ahead of them and they need teamwork to win the games. Can Daren stay on the team? Daren’s neighbor Judy comes and asks if Daren can teach her little brother Gary some basketball. While Daren is trying to teach Gary he starts to be mean to Gary. Its a great comeback story and I recommend reading it. Andy said “Way to go Dar” (pg. 10) after Daren got his techni ...more
Cooper W
Jan 13, 2015 Cooper W rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book Center Court Sting is a very exiting good sports book. I believe that if your are a kids that enjoys sports and is very competitive you would love this book. I my self would give this book a 9 out of ten because I can highly relate to this because i'm competitive and love sports especially basketball. So I recommend reading center court sting and also Matt Christopher he is very good childs sports author. So go read center Court Sting. It will blow you away.
Larry Asiedu
Jan 03, 2013 Larry Asiedu rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I think this book is amazing.I picked it because it is about basketball and it is about a guy called Daren who has a big mouth,he will insult anyone who did something to him even his own best friend.Daren,Lynn,Shawn,Lou are players on the Rangers basketball team.Alone the line,Daren stay on Lou's case and insults him,one day someone took Daren lucky towel out of his locker,Daren thought it was Lou,but it wasn't Lou,it was their assistant Andy,who picks up their towels and wash their jerseys.No o ...more
Blake Huston
Sep 27, 2010 Blake Huston rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I read Center Court Sting. It is a good book about a kid that is not very popular at his school, he made the basketball team and he has a temper. When his team is in need of him to make a free throw, he misses. His whole team gets really mad at him. Just his luck, later in the season he gets another chance to make the game winning free throw later in the season! He makes it and he is the hero of his team. He fastly becomes very popular at his school!
I do not know any quotes from the book because
Jordy
Feb 22, 2015 Jordy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It Was a great book! Just like the others .So I give this a five star
Isdlions
Dec 01, 2010 Isdlions rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I think the book is great. I give it five stars. I think it is cool because it has a lot of details and he went through a lot of things.

Brandon
Bailey H
Oct 20, 2011 Bailey H rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I gave this book 2 stars because it talk about 2 kids fighting on the team. Lou helps a neighbor named Gary help because hes goin out for basketball. at the begining he misses a shot and the team gets mad at him and at the end he makes a key shot and helps his team win and hes the hero. I would of liked this book better if there wasnt as much fighting and more about basketball there was some basketball but not much.
Christopher Guinto
The book was about a kid on a basketball team that's all ways trash talking. I liked the book because its about basketball and I like basketball. I would recommend this book to people who like basketball.
Chase
Nov 01, 2011 Chase rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I gave this book 4 stars because it had a lot of drama and you always wanted to know what was going to happen.This book had a lot of blaime and it was very suspencful and that is why i gave it 4 stars.
Vestal Public Library
i would definetly read this book or any other book by Matt Christopher. I liked him since second grade so any grade level that or above should read this book or any of his books for sure.
Ayanna
Jun 08, 2009 Ayanna is currently reading it  ·  review of another edition
This Book Was About How He Was Center To Blame To The Offence.When lou Bettrem Accuses Him Abut First To Come And To Blame.Daren's Turns On Him And Try To Do What They always Like To Do.
Ian Rhines
Apr 25, 2013 Ian Rhines rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a great book! I like all Matt Christopher books because they are about sports and I love sports!
Jake
Jake added it
Jul 23, 2016
Aden Jamal
Aden Jamal rated it really liked it
Jul 20, 2016
Susan Rafferty
Susan Rafferty rated it really liked it
Jun 02, 2016
Joseph
Joseph rated it really liked it
Apr 13, 2016
Justin
Justin rated it really liked it
Mar 06, 2016
Tiffany
Tiffany marked it as to-read
Mar 02, 2016
Metz_Molly
Metz_Molly marked it as to-read
Nov 15, 2015
Dylan
Dylan is currently reading it
Oct 18, 2015
Ansh Gandhi
Ansh Gandhi marked it as to-read
Aug 21, 2015
Jasmine
Jasmine rated it really liked it
Jul 25, 2015
Dale Dobbs
Dale Dobbs rated it liked it
Jul 11, 2015
KN
KN added it
Jul 02, 2015
wjkb
wjkb rated it it was amazing
Jun 28, 2015
Kumar Ealom
Kumar Ealom marked it as to-read
Jun 22, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Matt Christopher is the writer young readers turn to when they're looking for fast-paced, action-packed sports novels. He is the best-selling author of more than one hundred sports books for young readers.

Matt Christopher is America's bestselling sports writer for children, with more than 100 books and sales approaching six million copies. In 1992, Matt Christopher talked about being a children's
More about Matt Christopher...