Start by marking “The First Bride” as Want to Read:
The First Bride

The First Bride (Brides of Bachelor Bay #1)

3.64 of 5 stars 3.64  ·  rating details  ·  103 ratings  ·  7 reviews
Determined to protect her sisters from a murderous uncle, Lizzie Prescott answers a "brides wanted" ad. She and her sisters journey to 1860s Washington Territory, a wild land of towering cedar trees and brawny lumberjacks.

Logan Gallagher brought the brides out west for his crew, not for himself, but he can’t get the red-haired beauty out of his mind. His brother, Gage, har
ebook
Published May 30th 2011

To ask other readers questions about The First Bride, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The First Bride

Galina Sulaiman
This is a historical erotic book with some BDSM elements in it. Lizzie is a woman on the run with her sister from her evil uncle that she believes murdered her parents. He is also the uncle that married her off to a very old man that would verbally abuse her and bring other woman sometimes more than one and have her watch him have sex with them. Her self esteem is low when she agrees to become a mail order bride. Logan, Gage are brothers own a timber business, they pay for a boat load of woman t ...more
Dianne Owens
GIST
The scenario begins with Lizzie Prescott arriving in Port Steele with her younger sisters, in the hope of escaping her diabolical Uncle and the perverse interest of her rather disgusting former brother-in-law. All of the women on board the ship have signed a contract to marry one of the workers within a year otherwise they will have to pay for the trip, but Lizzie doesn't intent to lose her freedom again, having been tormented by her now deceased husband.
Logan Gallagher and his younger bro
Lavada Dee
This the first time I've read one of this author's erotic books however I have read her mainstream. In the past I've followed an author into a different genre once and wasn't real happy with the new one. And, true to form I bemoaned that The First Bride wasn't a mainstream simply because I prefer sensuous over erotic. However this is really a good story. One I'm glad I didn't miss because of the genre. It is sizzling so hang onto your hat. Or put on another one.

Set in the Pacific NW in a loggin
*TheWrittenWord*Mo
I liked the general idea and plot of this novel. obviously it's not the world's greatest novel but it was an excellent little story that makes you smile and enjoy reading it.
LoveRomance
This one was just okay. Nice was to spend an hour, but the shift from clinical contract enforcement to red-hot menage sex was SO abrupt. Because we didn't feel any gradual build-up of heat, the sex read as a little contrived. Probably won't read the other two in this series.
Vivian
Loved the concept of mail order brides and menage. The story was a bit rushed in places, but the characters were good and overall mildly entertaining read.
Anne
Not a bad story....I might have given it 4 stars if not for a couple of glaring editorial errors.
Noel
Noel marked it as to-read
Aug 30, 2015
Lisa
Lisa marked it as to-read
Aug 24, 2015
Sarah marked it as to-read
Aug 09, 2015
Janice
Janice marked it as to-read
Jul 20, 2015
Trisha
Trisha marked it as to-read
May 17, 2015
Missi
Missi marked it as to-read
Feb 16, 2015
Teresa Cranner
Teresa Cranner marked it as to-read
Feb 04, 2015
Ana Trampert
Ana Trampert marked it as to-read
Jan 30, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
Siren Menage Everlasting author.
More about Sofia Hunt...

Brides of Bachelor Bay (5 books)
  • The Husband Contract
  • Patience is Their Virtue
  • The Bride Bargain
  • The Banished Bride
Brides of Bachelor Bay Collection [Box Set 5] The Bride Bargain The Cowboys Ride Again (Delectable Bad Boys, #3) Winner Takes All Riding the Circuit (Rodeo Riders, #1)