Start by marking “Marcel Marceau: Master of Mime” as Want to Read:
Marcel Marceau: Master of Mime

Marcel Marceau: Master of Mime

3.97  ·  Rating Details  ·  35 Ratings  ·  9 Reviews

Book Details: Format: Paperback Publication Date: 9/1/2011 Pages: 32 Reading Level: Age 7 and Up
Library Binding, 32 pages
Published September 1st 2011 by Kar-Ben Publishing (first published January 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Marcel Marceau, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Marcel Marceau

Cathy Smith
Jan 10, 2016 Cathy Smith rated it really liked it
I received the book for free through Goodreads Giveaways. I wanted to know more about him, and this book explains a great deal of how he grew up and the reasons he became the greatest mime. I now admire him more than I ever did. To help others during the war, and save their lives, as a young man, was so amazing. This is a great book for young people and old. A absolutely wonderful read!
Amy Carr
Jun 24, 2012 Amy Carr rated it really liked it
Another wonderful biography book about a person I knew virtually nothing about! This man is a wonderful role model for bravery, standing up for what you believe, and not being afraid to do the right thing even though it may be hard. I loved the character traits they focused on in this story and was fascinated to read about who he was and what he accomplished in his life...even if mimes are still a little scary to me!
Karen
In my mind I see Marcel Marceau in black and white since that's how I saw when he performed on TV in the 1960s. Never knew his background, and so this was fascinating to me - that he was jewish, worked for the French resistance,etc. How this fed his art. Good job of presenting Marceau's early life.
kate
Dec 19, 2011 kate rated it it was amazing
A very quick read about Marcel Marceau's life.

While there was a heavy focus on Marceau's early life, I learned quite a bit about the man that I did not know before. He was not just a mime, but a forger for the French Resistance, and helped smuggle children out of France to safety.
Alyson (Kid Lit Frenzy)
Simple picture book biography but does present some interesting information about this fascinating man.
Jill Ratzan
I knew Marcel Marceau was a mime, but I didn't know about his role in the French Resistance in WWII!
Linda Atkinson
Aug 02, 2011 Linda Atkinson rated it really liked it
I loved reading the story of Marcel especially the part about him as a young boy in Nazi occupied France.
Angel B
Just okay for me. I'm sure some of my fourth graders would enjoy it though.
Edward Sullivan
Great introduction to Marceau's life for younger readers.
Daiana
Daiana marked it as to-read
Apr 16, 2016
Olivia
Olivia rated it really liked it
Feb 13, 2016
Martha Hill
Martha Hill rated it it was amazing
Dec 28, 2015
Crse
Crse rated it really liked it
Jul 17, 2015
Gabe
Gabe rated it really liked it
Jun 24, 2015
Greg Garza
Greg Garza marked it as to-read
Apr 19, 2015
Becky
Becky marked it as to-read
Mar 29, 2015
Chris Patterson
Chris Patterson rated it really liked it
Jan 25, 2015
Joseph Edwardson
Joseph Edwardson rated it it was amazing
Jan 06, 2015
Monica
Monica rated it really liked it
Dec 15, 2014
frank
frank rated it really liked it
Jun 20, 2014
Kim
Kim added it
Jun 07, 2014
Vicky Kennard
Vicky Kennard rated it it was amazing
May 19, 2014
N Riphagen
N Riphagen rated it liked it
May 05, 2014
Kelly
Kelly rated it liked it
Aug 29, 2014
Samantha
Samantha rated it liked it
Aug 05, 2014
Sezin Mutlutürk
Sezin Mutlutürk marked it as to-read
Oct 02, 2013
Daniel
Daniel marked it as to-read
Jun 25, 2013