Start by marking “Raad eens hoeveel ik van je hou” as Want to Read:
Raad eens hoeveel ik van je hou

Raad eens hoeveel ik van je hou (Little Nutbrown Hare / Mały brązowy zajączek)

4.34 of 5 stars 4.34  ·  rating details  ·  86,388 ratings  ·  1,055 reviews
Hazeltje vertelt Grote Haas hoeveel hij van hem houdt door o.a. zijn armen zo ver mogelijk te spreiden, zijn handen zo hoog mogelijk boven zijn hoofd te reiken en zo hoog mogelijk te springen. Maar natuurlijk overtreft Grote Haas hem in alles.
Published April 2006 by Uitgeverij Lemniscaat (first published January 1st 1994)

Tracy
This is THE best bedtime story, in my opinion. It was a nightly ritual for my first daughter, and it holds a very special place in our hearts. When it says that the dad bunny leans down and kisses the little one's head, Leah would always lean down and kiss the picture. The page became a little scummy from kiddie goo, and it's PRECIOUS! I will forever cherish my little girl's kisses in the book.
Chad
May 02, 2008 Chad rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Fathers
One of the only books I can read to my daughter where the adult in the book is a male. Most of the books have no men or relegate the father to support-staff roles.

Having said that, the book is really a testosterone-fueled look at the competitive indoctrination of little boys.

Paraphrase of text:

Kid: I love you as million.

Dad: I love you a billion.

Kid: Can't you let me win once?

Dad: Only when you surpass my strength, then I will live vicariously through you.

Despite this shortcoming, the illustr
G Miller
Okay this is my favorite book in the whole wide world, so I was surprised to see the number of less than favorable reviews.

To the guy that thinks (and I use that word liberally) that this book is a allegory for socialism, really? I mean really???? Really?????

To everyone else that thinks this book is about a "game of one-upsmanship" or it has a "undercurrent of competition between the parent and the child", You guys could not be more wrong.

Is upsmanship even really a word?

This book is about the n
Katrina
Can't the parent just let the kid win one? Even after kid falls asleep, the parent has to one-up the frustrated, exhausted child. Go pick on someone your own size!
Mia Queen
Setiap ayah yang punya anak harus membaca buku ini! Sweet bahkan saat saya menceritakan inti cerita kepada ayah, sampai berkaca-kaca sendiri :p

Intinya tentang percakapan anak kelinci yang ingin memamerkan dirinya kepada sang ayah betapa ia mencintainya. Sang anak melompat. Cintaku sebesar lompatanku! Ayah melompat lebih tinggi. Anak tidak kehilangan akal ia membentangkan tangannya, eh ternyata tangan ayah lebih panjang juga. Begitu terus sampai malam menjelang dan sang anak selalu kalah. Akhirny
Mike Spinak
This may be my least favorite children's book that I've read to the kids. Even worse than the highly commercialized children's books devoid of any value which are made for nothing but the tie-ins to TV shows and toy sales. Guess How Much I Love You turns loving each other into a competition - and one where the child can never win against the parent. I like the idea of parent and child loving each other a lot, but this is so, so wrong of a way to communicate that theme. I found it unpleasant and ...more
Airiz C
A shot of insulin, please! Sam McBratney's Guess How Much I Love You has lots of saccharine in it—but not to a point it’s cloying, just something that a dreamland-bound kid would surely enjoy. See, there’s no plot of any kind, just a pair of adorable, furry hares (I think they’re father and son) engaging in an equally cute contest on who loves the other more. Anita Jeram’s illustrations are perfectly endearing. I heard there’s a collection of this, and kid or not—geez I just turned twenty!—I’ll ...more
Angela
Nice illustrations. But the tone of the book doesn't strike me as particularly nice. I've known people who always have to win, and they're generally not pleasant to be around. The father figure's need to get in the last word even after the son is asleep reminds me of those unpleasant people, and makes me want to avoid this book.
Ryan
I love this book to the moon and back. Also I love my mommy as much as the moon and back.
Kathryn
This is a sweet story where the big bunny (maybe a daddy bunny?--nice touch as there are relatively few books with dads) and the little bunny try to express how much they love one another. The ending phrase seemed a bit trite but perhaps it's because I have heard the phrase so much now, on everything from t-shirts to wall art, that it seems cliche. Not sure if this book was the first one to use it...?
Emma
At risk of offending, I kind of really hate this smug Daddy trying to compete with his son the whole time. Why is it so important to him to show his son that he's bigger and more powerful (at loving, I know, I know, but the point stands) all the time? Just let the kid love you big and give him right back atcha. How frustrated that little nutbrown hare must feel. I think this is a book for parents not for children. And it's fucking sappy. However, Anita Jeram's illustrations are absolutely lovely ...more
Amber
OK--I don't get this book. I just picked it up at a thrift store, feeling like Jackson is probably missing out on a major rite of passage if he doesn't read this as a toddler, but I don't get it. So the big nutbrown hare has to outdo the little nutbrown hare every time? It's a competition, is it? Sure, it's pretty and all, but someone needs to explain to me why this is a classic. Is my Mom card going to be revoked for saying that?
Jessica Cain
Summary and Critique:
This book was about big nutbrown hare and little nutbrown hare. They are father and son. When little nutbrown asks big nutbrown "Guess how much i love you?" they go through large measures to tell each other how much they love each other. The story is short and simple but i love how they are competing on who loves each other more, it really shows an awesome loving relationship between the two.

Classroom Use: I would do a writing assignment (short one for young students) to wr
Denine Benedetto
I HATE this book. What is the message? No matter what the little bunny tries to do, the father bunny has to one-better it. ARGH. I refuse to read this to my child anymore.
Lea
Although I understand this is supposed to be a sweet story, the overall effect is of an adult trying to out-do a child in a way that comes across as creepy to me.
Edward Creter
This is number 600 in my readers' project for this year and boy has it been a journey, so before I do this review, thanks to all a Goodreads for your kind words of support. THIS is how much I love you all...lovalways, as I like to say. This Polish kids' classic has two rabbits, promising each other to love unconditionally, one, the rabbit father, outdoing the other with more love than the little one can properly understand, but, oh yes, he soon will. It's sweet and beautiful and my gift to every ...more
Melinda Johnson
I don't like this book. The parent figure is one-upping the child's expression of love. Not cool.
Anke
I hated it that the parent always loved the child more...just stupid
Tara Mullan
Oct 20, 2011 Tara Mullan added it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: 5-7 year olds
There was a little hare called Nut brown. He wanted to make sure that big Nutbrown hare was always listening to how much he loved him . Guess how much i love you he said, as big Nutbrown could not guess little nutbrown showed him as he stretched his arms out as wide as he could. Big nutbrown stretched his arms out longer showing how much he loved him. Little nutbrown wished he had arms that long.
So little Nutbrown stretched up high showing how much he loved big Nutbrown. Big Nutbrown did the sa
PurplyCookie
Little Nutbrown Hare, enjoying a ride on his Papa's back, wants to be sure that his father is listening--so he says, "Guess how much I love you!" the result is a sweet, lighthearted, loving banter as father and son strive to describe the size of their love for each other--thinking bigger and bigger as the book goes on! The father and son bounce off of each other and encourage each other to be increasingly imaginative. Big Nutbrown Hare is quietly amazed by his son's big thinking and his counter ...more
Margaretann
Jul 21, 2014 Margaretann rated it 1 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: someone in search of a gift for a mom-to-be they don't know very well.
Shelves: alana, children-s, library
I'm underwhelmed. I think if Alana knew what that word meant she would concur.

I agree with the reviewers who felt put off by the competitive nature of the dad bunny . . . and I also agree with those who wrote that the character names ("Big Nutbrown Hare" and "Little Nutbrown Hare") are a mouthful to say out loud over and over . . . but really the downfall of this book is that it just feels really shallow and commercial to me.

I think it's gained widespread appeal because you can find it EVERYWH
Liam Mernagh
‘Guess How Much I Love You’ is an illustrated book written by Sam McBratney about two Nutbrown hares, little Nutbrown Hare and Big Nutbrown Hare. Little Nutbrown Hare poses the intriguing question to Big Nutbrown Hare, ‘Guess how much I love you.’ This results in the two hares using larger and larger measures to assert how much they love each other. This is a great read for all children ranging from 2 to 8. This book can be read as a reading exercise for some children in class with teachers but ...more
Mairi
The sinister tale of a dysfunctional father son relationship. In the intense family unit at the heart of this narrative, the natural bond of love between parent and offspring becomes twisted into a subject ripe for competition. This can only be described as a masterpiece of the misery memoir, meticulously detailing the pain of early childhood with narcissistic care givers.
Ricki
We read this three times today because Henry seemed to really love it. It is a warm story about a mama rabbit and baby rabbit discussing how much they love each other. :)
Susan
Katelyn says, "Awesome! I think it reminds me of my beautiful mother."
Asalyn Holliday
This is such a sweet book. I think it would be good between teaching the differences between big and small and short and tall. It would also be good for talking about both family and animals. I would do a read aloud with this book and then encourage students to write a story about or draw a picture of the people that they love.
Nikita Naran
This is the story of two Nutbrown Hares, Big Nutbrown Hare and Little Nutbrown Hare. The two are never stated to be father and son in the original storybooks, though are referred to as such in the narration for the animated television series. Little Nutbrown Hare asks Big Nutbrown Hare the titular question, "Guess how much I love you?", and the book continues as the two use larger and larger measures to quantify how much they love each other in answer to the question. The story is simple, but ef ...more
Holly Sulak
Summary: Guess how much I love you," is about a Little Nutbrown Hare who shows his daddy how much he loves him. He tells him as wide as he can reach and as far as he can hop. But Big Nutbrown Hare, who can reach farther and hop higher, loves him back just as much. Well then Little Nutbrown Hare loves him right up to the moon, but that's just halfway to Big Nutbrown Hare's love for him.

Theme: The theme of "Guess how much I love you" is love. Little Nutbrown Hare expresses how much he loves his d
Madison
This book is a wonderful bedtime story for children all ages. The story is about two hare a papa hare and a baby hare discussing how much they love each other. The author uses many comparisons between the baby hare and the papa hare to prove how much they love each other. Although it is a rather simple story line it is a short sweet book that carries a lot of meaning. As the baby hare tries to show his unconditional love towards his father , papa hare always "beats" his magnitude of love. For th ...more
Kim
A beautiful story about loving someone so much that you love them to the moon. /[
Guess How Much I Love You 1 20 Dec 02, 2013 03:20PM
  • We're Going on a Bear Hunt
  • The Runaway Bunny
  • Olivia Saves the Circus
  • It's Time to Sleep, My Love
  • Does a Kangaroo Have a Mother, Too?
  • I Love You As Much...
The Northern Ireland native started writing children's books when he was a teacher in his thirties, with the aim of helping out students who had trouble reading. But he continued writing for a more-personal reason: "the act of imagining simply makes me feel good," he says. The fifty-seventh book of Sam McBratney's career, and his first book with Candlewick Press, was the much-loved GUESS HOW MUCH ...more
More about Sam McBratney...

Little Nutbrown Hare / Mały brązowy zajączek (1 - 10 of 19 books)
  • I Love It When You Smile
  • When I'm Big: A Guess How Much I Love You Storybook
  • Guess How Much I Love You All Year Round
  • The Adventures of Little Nutbrown Hare
  • My Baby Book: Based on Guess How Much I Love You
  • Colors Everywhere (Guess How Much I Love You)
  • Let's Play in the Snow: A Guess How Much I Love You Storybook
  • Guess How Much I Love You In The Spring
  • A Surprise for the Nutbrown Hares: A Guess How Much I Love You Storybook
  • Guess How Much I Love You: Colors
You're All My Favorites I Love It When You Smile Yes We Can! When I'm Big: A Guess How Much I Love You Storybook The Adventures of Little Nutbrown Hare