Start by marking “Doctor Who: The Eye of the Jungle” as Want to Read:
Doctor Who: The Eye of the Jungle

Doctor Who: The Eye of the Jungle (BBC Doctor Who: New Series Audio Exclusives #13)

3.27 of 5 stars 3.27  ·  rating details  ·  94 ratings  ·  15 reviews
The Amazon rainforest, 1827. The Doctor, Amy and Rory arrive in the jungle near a hurriedly abandoned campsite, where they are surrounded by hungry black caiman - huge lizards. Only the arrival of a man with a rifle sees off the giant beasts. Oliver Blazington has come to the forest to bag big game, and his companion Garrett is a naturalist, collecting exotic creatures for ...more
Audio CD
Published July 2011 by AudioGo Ltd

To ask other readers questions about Doctor Who, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Doctor Who

Doctor Who by Jonathan MorrisDoctor Who by Jacqueline RaynerDoctor Who by Trevor BaxendaleDoctor Who by Justin RichardsDoctor Who by Gary Russell
Doctor Who Books
94th out of 276 books — 106 voters
Dead Until Dark by Charlaine HarrisPretty Little Liars by Sara ShepardA Game of Thrones by George R.R. MartinThe Awakening / The Struggle by L.J. SmithThe Walking Dead, Vol. 01 by Robert Kirkman
Books that are also tv shows
261st out of 278 books — 130 voters

More lists with this book...

Kimberley doruyter
i don't know how to dislike more, the pet collecter or the mad scientist aliens.
A decent little story. I liked the setting in the early 19th Century Amazon. A familiar enough tale of dabbling in genetic stuff with ugly results. What helped this to stand out was the ex-solider struggling to find a new purpose in life and his attitude to hunting.
Wow. Après avoir une 15aine de Big Finish à la queue leu leu, revenir au BBC audiobooks ça fait un choc. D'un seul coup, ça nous parait très mou du genou. Au delà des histoires grandement simplifiées et des personnages beaucoup moins creusés et aboutis, on a aussi l'inévitable retour au narrateur unique qui, aussi bon qu'il puisse être, sera forcément beaucoup plus plat qu'un full cast.

Et surtout je dois avouer qu'entre les livres et les audiolivres, j'en ai un peu marre que la nouvelle série s
Simple and obvious action adventure story. The narration was good and the audio effects added to the story. but the chase and fight scenes were hard to follow
Callie Rose Tyler
Very enjoyable! It's the early 19th century and The Doctor, Rory, and Amy find themselves in the Amazon. This story had a lot of layers which I really enjoyed. The narration by David Troughton was very nice and he did his best to capture the essense of the characters. I think the writing of the characters could have been a bit better and there was a definite lack of the 11th Doctor's humor. Still, I great plot that seemed to have a good amount of symbolism considering the medium.
Jul 08, 2015 Nancy rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: To Dr. Who fans
The narrator was very good. There were good sound effects, and music from the Dr. Who shows. There were only two parts to this book, so it went very fast. I listened to half the book as I did the laundry, and made the bed. I listened to the other half in bed, before going to sleep.

I check this book out again, and only finished half of it, before going on vacation. The book was zapped off my kindle before I finished it for the second time.
Nicholas Whyte

A decent enough audiobook read very effectively by David Troughton; aliens intrude into an 1827 British expedition on the Amazon, with some fairly horrific experiments being carried out on their captives - not really one for the younger listener!
Enjoyable short adventure with Amy, Rory, and the Doctor. Unlike some of the other audio Doctor Who titles I've listened to, this one focuses more on the Doctor and his companions, which I greatly appreciated, since that is why I had picked this up from the library in the first place.
I enjoyed this fun, short Doctor Who story. The concept and aliens were interesting and it was well writen. The character of Blazington in particular stood out as compelling. (view spoiler).
As always, I'm a sucker for biopunk, and I think this is about as close as Doctor Who can get to it.

The eye of the jungle is a unique adventure that I highly recommend.
This was a fine little tale of the Doctor that thinks it's cleverer than it is. Nothing great, nothing terrible. Popcorn fiction.
Thinking about the Doctor as a genetically engineered biological weapon was what made this book so awesome!
Heidi Willis
Listened to this on a long car trip. It passed the time but wasn't my favorite of the books.
I really liked the additional sound effects.
Я не знаю, как можно было придумать такую откровенную хрень, да еще и всучить ее офису БиБиСи. Для этого надо обладать нехилым убеждением.
А мне в последнее время везет на генетические мутации.

Доктор, Эми и Рори приземляются в самом сердце амазонских джунглей образца 19 века. Даже не успев поблудить по лесу, они натыкаются на брошенную стоянку с палатками, а чуть позже на них нападают довольно смышленые крокодилы (считаю их окружение мастерским). Совершенно случайно их спасает вожатый экспедиции
Stefan Grønvik
Stefan Grønvik marked it as to-read
Oct 02, 2015
Hazel Cussons
Hazel Cussons marked it as to-read
Sep 24, 2015
Grace marked it as to-read
Sep 13, 2015
Linnea marked it as to-read
Aug 25, 2015
F. R. B.
F. R. B. marked it as to-read
Aug 12, 2015
Guess Again
Guess Again marked it as to-read
Sep 05, 2015
Destiny marked it as to-read
Jul 23, 2015
Aryel marked it as to-read
Jul 21, 2015
BR Hudgens
BR Hudgens marked it as to-read
Jul 12, 2015
Zuli Bryan
Zuli Bryan marked it as to-read
Jul 08, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • Doctor Who: The Hounds of Artemis
  • Doctor Who: The Jade Pyramid
  • Doctor Who: The Gemini Contagion
  • Doctor Who: The Ring of Steel
  • Doctor Who: The Day of the Troll (BBC Audio)
  • Doctor Who: The Rising Night (Audio Original)
  • Doctor Who: The Forever Trap
  • Doctor Who: The Taking of Chelsea 426
  • Doctor Who: Snowglobe 7
  • Doctor Who: Made of Steel
  • Doctor Who: Pest Control
  • Doctor Who: The Forgotten Army (Doctor Who)

BBC Doctor Who: New Series Audio Exclusives (1 - 10 of 21 books)
  • Doctor Who: Pest Control
  • Doctor Who: The Forever Trap
  • Doctor Who: The Nemonite Invasion
  • Doctor Who: The Rising Night (Audio Original)
  • Doctor Who: The Day of the Troll (BBC Audio)
  • Doctor Who: The Last Voyage (BBC Audio)
  • Doctor Who: Dead Air
  • Doctor Who: The Ring of Steel
  • Doctor Who: The Runaway Train
  • Doctor Who: The Jade Pyramid
Doctor Who: Death's Deal (Destiny of the Doctor, #10) Doctor Who: Sleepers in the Dust Jump Start Sinatra Doctor Who: The Sleepers in the Dust & Snake Bite: Two Exclusive Audio Adventures Starring the 11th Doctor Music Technology A-Level