Doctor Who: The Eye of the Jungle

Doctor Who: The Eye of the Jungle (BBC Doctor Who: New Series Audio Exclusives #13)

3.21 of 5 stars 3.21  ·  rating details  ·  68 ratings  ·  14 reviews
In the exclusive audio adventure, written by Darren Jones, the Doctor, Amy and Rory find themselves embroiled in an adventure in the Amazon Rainforest in the early 1800s. A pioneering naturalist wants to capture a jaguar for London’s new zoological gardens, but soon the hunter has become the hunted, as a far higher grade of species plans to prey on the human race…
Audio CD
Published July 2011 by AudioGo Ltd

Doctor Who by Jonathan MorrisDoctor Who by Jacqueline RaynerDoctor Who by Trevor BaxendaleDoctor Who by Justin RichardsDoctor Who by Stephen Cole
Doctor Who Books
87th out of 195 books — 71 voters
Dead Until Dark by Charlaine HarrisPretty Little Liars by Sara ShepardThe Awakening and The Struggle by L.J. SmithA Game of Thrones by George R.R. MartinThe Walking Dead, Vol. 01 by Robert Kirkman
Books that are also tv shows
223rd out of 240 books — 115 voters

More lists with this book...

annik
Я не знаю, как можно было придумать такую откровенную хрень, да еще и всучить ее офису БиБиСи. Для этого надо обладать нехилым убеждением.
А мне в последнее время везет на генетические мутации.

Доктор, Эми и Рори приземляются в самом сердце амазонских джунглей образца 19 века. Даже не успев поблудить по лесу, они натыкаются на брошенную стоянку с палатками, а чуть позже на них нападают довольно смышленые крокодилы (считаю их окружение мастерским). Совершенно случайно их спасает вожатый экспедиции...more
A decent little story. I liked the setting in the early 19th Century Amazon. A familiar enough tale of dabbling in genetic stuff with ugly results. What helped this to stand out was the ex-solider struggling to find a new purpose in life and his attitude to hunting.
Melyssa
Wow. Après avoir une 15aine de Big Finish à la queue leu leu, revenir au BBC audiobooks ça fait un choc. D'un seul coup, ça nous parait très mou du genou. Au delà des histoires grandement simplifiées et des personnages beaucoup moins creusés et aboutis, on a aussi l'inévitable retour au narrateur unique qui, aussi bon qu'il puisse être, sera forcément beaucoup plus plat qu'un full cast.

Et surtout je dois avouer qu'entre les livres et les audiolivres, j'en ai un peu marre que la nouvelle série s...more
Tom
Jul 25, 2014 Tom rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Fans of the eleventh doctor and Amy
I really enjoyed this fun, short Doctor Who story. The concept and aliens were interesting and it was well writen. The character of Blazington in particular stood out as compelling. (view spoiler).
SF_Fangirl
Simple and obvious action adventure story. The narration was good and the audio effects added to the story. but the chase and fight scenes were hard to follow
Callie Rose Tyler
Very enjoyable! It's the early 19th century and The Doctor, Rory, and Amy find themselves in the Amazon. This story had a lot of layers which I really enjoyed. The narration by David Troughton was very nice and he did his best to capture the essense of the characters. I think the writing of the characters could have been a bit better and there was a definite lack of the 11th Doctor's humor. Still, I great plot that seemed to have a good amount of symbolism considering the medium.
Nicholas Whyte

A decent enough audiobook read very effectively by David Troughton; aliens intrude into an 1827 British expedition on the Amazon, with some fairly horrific experiments being carried out on their captives - not really one for the younger listener!
Enjoyable short adventure with Amy, Rory, and the Doctor. Unlike some of the other audio Doctor Who titles I've listened to, this one focuses more on the Doctor and his companions, which I greatly appreciated, since that is why I had picked this up from the library in the first place.
Nancy
Mar 08, 2013 Nancy rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: To Dr. Who fans
The narrator was very good. There were good sound effects, and music from the Dr. Who shows. There were only two parts to this book, so it went very fast. I listened to half the book as I did the laundry, and made the bed. I listened to the other half in bed, before going to sleep.
Trent
As always, I'm a sucker for biopunk, and I think this is about as close as Doctor Who can get to it.

The eye of the jungle is a unique adventure that I highly recommend.
Anna
Thinking about the Doctor as a genetically engineered biological weapon was what made this book so awesome!
Heidi Willis
Listened to this on a long car trip. It passed the time but wasn't my favorite of the books.
StarWarsFans
I really liked the additional sound effects.
Kimberley doruyter
Kimberley doruyter marked it as to-read
Jul 16, 2014
Sean Flood
Sean Flood marked it as to-read
Jul 12, 2014
Jordan
Jordan marked it as to-read
Jul 10, 2014
Rhianna Neel
Rhianna Neel marked it as to-read
Jul 03, 2014
Kjrstin
Kjrstin marked it as to-read
Jul 02, 2014
Natalie
Natalie marked it as to-read
Apr 30, 2014
Antonie Kristensen
Antonie Kristensen marked it as to-read
Apr 23, 2014
Isha
Isha marked it as to-read
Apr 23, 2014
Shelby Smith
Shelby Smith marked it as to-read
Apr 15, 2014
Rachel
Rachel marked it as to-read
Apr 13, 2014
Krystal
Krystal marked it as to-read
Apr 01, 2014
Anna-Marie
Anna-Marie marked it as to-read
Mar 31, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Doctor Who: Death's Deal (Destiny of the Doctor, #10) Doctor Who: Sleepers in the Dust Jump Start Sinatra Doctor Who: The Sleepers in the Dust & Snake Bite: Two Exclusive Audio Adventures Starring the 11th Doctor Music Technology A-Level