Start by marking “Doctor Who: The Eye of the Jungle” as Want to Read:
Doctor Who: The Eye of the Jungle

Doctor Who: The Eye of the Jungle (BBC Doctor Who: New Series Audio Exclusives #13)

3.29  ·  Rating Details  ·  107 Ratings  ·  18 Reviews
The Amazon rainforest, 1827. The Doctor, Amy and Rory arrive in the jungle near a hurriedly abandoned campsite, where they are surrounded by hungry black caiman - huge lizards. Only the arrival of a man with a rifle sees off the giant beasts. Oliver Blazington has come to the forest to bag big game, and his companion Garrett is a naturalist, collecting exotic creatures for ...more
Audio CD
Published July 2011 by AudioGo Ltd

To ask other readers questions about Doctor Who, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Doctor Who

Doctor Who by Jonathan    MorrisDoctor Who by Jacqueline RaynerDoctor Who by Trevor BaxendaleDoctor Who by Justin RichardsDoctor Who by Gary Russell
Doctor Who Books
101st out of 288 books — 112 voters
Doctor Who by Jonathan    MorrisDoctor Who by Oli SmithDoctor Who by Gary RussellDoctor Who by Naomi AldermanDoctor Who by Justin Richards
Doctor Who: New Series Adventures
69th out of 75 books — 20 voters

More lists with this book...

Kimberley doruyter
Jun 22, 2015 Kimberley doruyter rated it liked it
i don't know how to dislike more, the pet collecter or the mad scientist aliens.
April Duclos
Apr 19, 2016 April Duclos rated it liked it
This was good. David Troughton is a good reader though some of his few attempts at character voices were not great.

The Doctor, Amy, and Rory land in the Amazon in 1827. Saved by a nearby hunting group after a group of huge black caiman (big lizards) attack; the group discover there are numerous people in a local village going missing; as well as many creatures. Locals fear it is "The Eye of the Jungle" taking them...

The plot is simple (view spoiler)
May 12, 2013 Jennifer rated it liked it
A decent little story. I liked the setting in the early 19th Century Amazon. A familiar enough tale of dabbling in genetic stuff with ugly results. What helped this to stand out was the ex-solider struggling to find a new purpose in life and his attitude to hunting.
annik
Feb 02, 2016 annik rated it did not like it
Я не знаю, как можно было придумать такую откровенную хрень, да еще и всучить ее офису БиБиСи. Для этого надо обладать нехилым убеждением.
А мне в последнее время везет на генетические мутации.

Доктор, Эми и Рори приземляются в самом сердце амазонских джунглей образца 19 века. Даже не успев поблудить по лесу, они натыкаются на брошенную стоянку с палатками, а чуть позже на них нападают довольно смышленые крокодилы (считаю их окружение мастерским). Совершенно случайно их спасает вожатый экспедиции
Melyssa
Oct 21, 2012 Melyssa rated it it was ok
Shelves: vo, doctorwho-audios
Wow. Après avoir une 15aine de Big Finish à la queue leu leu, revenir au BBC audiobooks ça fait un choc. D'un seul coup, ça nous parait très mou du genou. Au delà des histoires grandement simplifiées et des personnages beaucoup moins creusés et aboutis, on a aussi l'inévitable retour au narrateur unique qui, aussi bon qu'il puisse être, sera forcément beaucoup plus plat qu'un full cast.

Et surtout je dois avouer qu'entre les livres et les audiolivres, j'en ai un peu marre que la nouvelle série s
Jeff
Feb 20, 2016 Jeff rated it liked it
A short listen. It was Doctor Who. It spoke a little to genetic engineering and the challenges of military personnel getting back into normal society although I'm not sure I liked how either were resolved. Still, it was Doctor Who. I'd listen to more of these.
SF_Fangirl
Jun 29, 2014 SF_Fangirl rated it it was ok
Shelves: audio-book, own, sci-fi, short
Simple and obvious action adventure story. The narration was good and the audio effects added to the story. but the chase and fight scenes were hard to follow
Callie Rose Tyler
Aug 22, 2013 Callie Rose Tyler rated it really liked it
Very enjoyable! It's the early 19th century and The Doctor, Rory, and Amy find themselves in the Amazon. This story had a lot of layers which I really enjoyed. The narration by David Troughton was very nice and he did his best to capture the essense of the characters. I think the writing of the characters could have been a bit better and there was a definite lack of the 11th Doctor's humor. Still, I great plot that seemed to have a good amount of symbolism considering the medium.
Nancy
Jul 08, 2015 Nancy rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: To Dr. Who fans
The narrator was very good. There were good sound effects, and music from the Dr. Who shows. There were only two parts to this book, so it went very fast. I listened to half the book as I did the laundry, and made the bed. I listened to the other half in bed, before going to sleep.

I check this book out again, and only finished half of it, before going on vacation. The book was zapped off my kindle before I finished it for the second time.
Nicholas Whyte
Jan 17, 2012 Nicholas Whyte rated it it was ok

A decent enough audiobook read very effectively by David Troughton; aliens intrude into an 1827 British expedition on the Amazon, with some fairly horrific experiments being carried out on their captives - not really one for the younger listener!
Oct 29, 2013 Laura rated it really liked it
Shelves: tv-tie-in, doctor-who
Enjoyable short adventure with Amy, Rory, and the Doctor. Unlike some of the other audio Doctor Who titles I've listened to, this one focuses more on the Doctor and his companions, which I greatly appreciated, since that is why I had picked this up from the library in the first place.
Tom
Jan 03, 2015 Tom rated it liked it
I enjoyed this fun, short Doctor Who story. The concept and aliens were interesting and it was well writen. The character of Blazington in particular stood out as compelling. (view spoiler).
Trent
Mar 27, 2012 Trent rated it really liked it
As always, I'm a sucker for biopunk, and I think this is about as close as Doctor Who can get to it.

The eye of the jungle is a unique adventure that I highly recommend.
Stewart
Sep 28, 2014 Stewart rated it liked it
Shelves:
This was a fine little tale of the Doctor that thinks it's cleverer than it is. Nothing great, nothing terrible. Popcorn fiction.
Anna
Thinking about the Doctor as a genetically engineered biological weapon was what made this book so awesome!
Heidi Willis
May 27, 2013 Heidi Willis rated it liked it
Listened to this on a long car trip. It passed the time but wasn't my favorite of the books.
StarWarsFans
Apr 28, 2013 StarWarsFans rated it really liked it
Shelves: science-fiction
I really liked the additional sound effects.
Jerry Cheney
Jerry Cheney rated it it was amazing
May 24, 2016
Andrew Hinkinson
Andrew Hinkinson rated it it was amazing
May 15, 2016
Msgtv
Msgtv rated it really liked it
May 13, 2016
Krzysztof
Krzysztof rated it it was ok
Apr 16, 2016
Huyvu
Huyvu rated it it was amazing
Apr 13, 2016
Ashley
Ashley marked it as to-read
Apr 11, 2016
Denise Martins
Denise Martins marked it as to-read
Mar 21, 2016
Aidan
Aidan rated it liked it
Mar 12, 2016
Noelle Walsh
Noelle Walsh marked it as to-read
Mar 07, 2016
Kaire
Kaire marked it as to-read
Feb 27, 2016
  • Doctor Who: The Hounds of Artemis
  • Doctor Who: The Jade Pyramid
  • Doctor Who: The Gemini Contagion
  • Doctor Who: The Ring of Steel
  • Doctor Who: Day of the Cockroach
  • Doctor Who: The Day of the Troll
  • Doctor Who: The Rising Night (Audio Original)
  • Doctor Who: The Forever Trap
  • Doctor Who: Snowglobe 7
  • Doctor Who: Made of Steel
  • Doctor Who: Blackout
  • Doctor Who: The Sontaran Games

BBC Doctor Who: New Series Audio Exclusives (1 - 10 of 21 books)
  • Doctor Who: Pest Control
  • Doctor Who: The Forever Trap
  • Doctor Who: The Nemonite Invasion
  • Doctor Who: The Rising Night (Audio Original)
  • Doctor Who: The Day of the Troll