Start by marking “Love, Love, Love: Language of Love; Cupidity” as Want to Read:
Love, Love, Love: Language of Love; Cupidity

Love, Love, Love: Language of Love; Cupidity

3.26 of 5 stars 3.26  ·  rating details  ·  242 ratings  ·  33 reviews
In Love Off-Limits, Natalie has the perfect boyfriend, or so everyone thinks. But Natalie knows she wants more. When she discovers that more equals Matt, her boyfriend’s best friend, Natalie finds herself in quite the dilemma.
Published June 28th 2011 by Simon Pulse (first published June 8th 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Love, Love, Love, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Love, Love, Love

Erica
Language of Love - 3.5 stars

Predictable and fun, Language of Love is an adorable read that will be sure to entice readers. The plot was a bit elementary, as any girl should realize pretending to be someone you are not never ends up well. The plot was quite predictable, but that's part of the charm of the romantic story.

The plot was very cute, despite the initial drawbacks I had. The story was very easy to get caught up in, and it was a lot of fun. Deborah Reber does a really great job transport
(;Lucy.Lala;) (;Book-A-Holic;)
Kathy
two stories in one Cupidity and Language of love
Language of Love is the first story in the book, its about a girl Janna who has to pretend to be someone she is not because she was talking in an accent with her friend and 2 boys went up to them and just started to talk to them. After that they went on a few dates and after the few dates Janna realizes taht she doesnt fell right lying to Julian the guy that thinks shes from a foreign country, but sooner or later he does finds out and everything ju
Heidi
This 452-page tome include two stories from Simon Pulse, Simon & Shuster's divison for contemporary teen fiction. The first story, Language of Love, finds Janna in a bind after she puts on a foreign accent to impress a boy, then finds that she must keep up the accent and supposed lifestyle of a foreign exchange students if she is to keep the interest of that boy. Or does she? Janna has been somewhat of a shy wallflower so having a boy want to be with her is thrilling. Her confidence soars an ...more
Panda
Well this is just a quick note about the cover. While it is cute enough (although has nothing to do with the story) i hate the fact that Simon pulse gave up the cute cartoon style covers and started grouping books. Which half the time have nothing in common. Especially when I look at the gorgeous cover we could of had.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Not to mention the title of love, love, love is so generalised that it took me months before I actually picked it up at the library and only brought it home when I realised that
Mesa
In Love, Love, Love, you get 2 books for the price of 1. Deborah Reber’s, Language of Love, is book 1. Caroline Goode’s, Cupidity, is book 2.

Language of Love: I gave it 3 stars.
It’s Deborah’s first debut novel and I really liked it. It was nice, cute and fun read for sure. This book has good lesson in it for teens about self discovery and influence by those who are around you.

Cupidity: I gave it 2 stars.
I was really excited to read the second book because I really liked Language of Love. I guess
Christie
It's interesting to read that most reviewers preferred the first story, Language of Love, over the second, Cupidity.
I didn't care for the first story at all. Whether because it was trite, stereotypical teenage angst or because I get too much of that teenage angst on a regular basis, I can't say. But I do know that the characters were annoying and the storyline completely predictable.
The second story was more interesting because of the modernization of the mythological figures. Despite being be
~Ro~
Language of Love: 3.5 Stars

Language of Love was such a light and adorable read! It reminded me of a Candy Apple book—just aimed for an older audience, though. The characters were adorable (like Julian and his green-gray eyes), the plot simple but fun, and the basic (albeit, overused) moral of being yourself skillfully established.

Overall, I got an overwhelming feeling of familiarity when reading this Candy Apple-like book! It's a definite read if you're feeling down and need something fluffy.

Brandi Kosiner (Brandi Breathes Books)
So far I have only read Language of Love, so that is what I am reviewing.
Janna is a shy and outgoing person until she starts pretending to be an exchange student from Hungary. It is a twisting journey to see how she got herself into it, and learned a lot about herself in the process. I can see how the lie could continue and sympathize with her since I have often wished for a chance for a fresh start, to be someone else.
Her best friends Molly and Emm are well written and play great supporting
Emma
I had already read the second novel, but Language of Love is really cute and a super quick read.
Dory
I liked both books, though Cupidity took a while for me to get into. I love the Greek mythology part of it - so unique! Cupid becoming Cupidity was a little weird and unrealistic, especially the name and her/his behavior. Like, Cupid's a guy - shouldn't he be at least a little uncomfortable acting like a girl?
Jiliane NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS
LANGUAGE OF LOVE - 5 stars!!!!
Cupidity - 1 star
Whole book - 3 stars

I only read "language of love" for this review. I loved language of love. But cupidity didnt interest me. So I had to give this book only 3 stars. If I could review the stories separately is give language of love 5 stars.
Sarah Erickson
It took me forever to get through this. I couldn't get into the plot and I hated the characters I just-ugh. I skipped words and then sentences and then whole paragraphs just to get to the end. I rarely ever stop reading a book but I came close for this one.
Alena C.
It was funny and interesting!
Carissa
I only read Language of Love so far and it was great. Janna pretends to be someone she isn't . 5 stars.

Cupidity is about Laura wanting a boyfriend. So Cupid pretends to be a girl, to help Laura. 4 stars...
Dawn Thompson
I only read the first part, "Language of Love", but all I can say about that book was that it was fantastic! The author's way of words made me want to get in there and help Janna with all of her problems (:
Muyi
it is on of my favorite book now,its because it has drama with the whole best friend in love with you situation and the fake accent its a really good book i am sure you will like it if you are into drama
Ratforce
This new teen romance contains two separate stories by two different authors, but both stories are light and fun explorations of teen love, and without some of the graphic content you don’t enjoy.
Aditi
I loved the first story: Language of Love. It was a cute short story that you can relate to. Cupidity was okay-ish but I didn't find it as interesting as Language of Love.
Carolyn
The first story was ok, pretty predictable. So 2 stars for that one. The second one had some really funny moments so 3 stars for that one. Over all they were cute, not too deep.
Yekaterina
The second story appealed to me a lot more than the first. I enjoyed both and they were a quick and easy read. I was glad that the second story had some fantasy in it!
Jia Hui
Gave the book 3 stars because of the first story. The second story was weird what with all the mythology references and cupidity was a bit twisted as well.
Allie
The first book was slightly better... the second seemed a little different- it was sort of all over the place
Bay Vinix
Cupidity had some not-so-solid points. They both did, actually, but I liked Language Of Love better.
Jayla Johnson
Not the best stories but still likeable. A good read if you're bored.
Amber Bird
first one was good.....and the second story was to cheesy for me
Dezaree

This rating is for Language of Love only.
Rachael
The first bok is good. the 2nd book {not so good}
karly
Feb 12, 2011 karly marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
i cant wait to read this book :)
Drew Francine Nemeno
this is one of my favorite books!
  • A Funny Thing About Love: Dancing Queen; Prom Crashers; Drive Me Crazy
  • Hard to Get
  • Perfect Shot
  • Love on Cue
  • Animal Attraction
  • In the Stars
  • Royally Crushed (Royally Jacked, #1-3)
  • Party Games (Simon Romantic Comedies)
  • Crush du Jour (Simon Romantic Comedies)
  • Hating Olivia: A Love Story
  • Love, Hollywood Style
  • The Secret Life of a Teenage Siren (Simon Romantic Comedies)
  • She's Got the Beat
  • Struck: Stupid Cupid; Flirting with Disaster; Pucker Up
  • Getting to Third Date
  • ChocoMimi, Volume 3
Debbie is a a bestselling author, sought-after speaker, and life coach who is passionate about giving girls practical tools to help them rock their lives.

She is the author of multiple books for young adults and women, including "Doable: The Girl’s Guide to Accomplishing Just About Anything," "Language of Love," "Chill: Stress Reducing Techniques for a More Balanced, Peaceful You," "In Their Shoes
More about Deborah Reber...
In Their Shoes: Extraordinary Women Describe Their Amazing Careers Chill: Stress-Reducing Techniques for a More Balanced, Peaceful You Run For Your Life: A Book For Beginning Women Runners Doable: The Girls' Guide to Accomplishing Just About Anything Blue's Egg Hunt (Blue's Clues)