Start by marking “The Source Of My Strength” as Want to Read:
The Source Of My Strength

The Source Of My Strength

For those who grieve, he offers comfort. For those who struggle, he offers rest. For those overcome by pain, he offers hope and healing. To those who carry emotional burdens too large for them to bear, Christ offers his strength.

In The Source of My Strength, Dr. Charles Stanley talks honestly about his own journey through emotional pain and points readers toward the wells

Published February 29th 2000 by Nelson, Thomas, Inc. (first published March 1st 1994)

To ask other readers questions about The Source Of My Strength, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Source Of My Strength

Medenna Walton
May 20, 2010 Medenna Walton rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The simple, easy to understand language of this book brought me to a new level of understanding my walk with Jesus Christ. It seemed as though God had a plan for what I would read and when. I didn't just pick it up and finish it quickly. He would have me lay it aside, and just when I needed the next chapter, I would open it, and the topic I was dealing with either personally, or a loved one was dealing with that very thing, would be the next chapter. I drove all over town and into the next town ...more
Amy Walker
Aug 28, 2012 Amy Walker rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Charles Stanley is a name I've often heard over the years but this was the first book of his that I have read. I was very impressed. Each and every chapter was laiden with nuggets of wisdom and realistically helpful advice. This read was timely for my own spiritual walk and I would highly recommend it to any believer that is or has ever dealt with loneliness, frustration, burnout, etc. His own personal stories really engage the reader and make the author's points relatable. A must read for any b ...more
KDNH
Jan 12, 2012 KDNH rated it really liked it
I love Charles Stanley's writings. One of the best things about his writing is the amount of personal application and real-life examples of the principle he is teaching. So often it is easy to generalize and share a "surface" message. But Stanely really dives in deeper and helps you apply what he is telling you by offering from his own experiences.
Chenvael
I like this:

"If LORD asks you to run to a wall, just do it! When you're there at the wall, HE will make a hole for you."

I learn a lot from this book. I learn that HE won't compare me. HE is provider of my whole life. HE provides in His Way. HE doesn't care whether other already has what I want. HE only cares what best for me.
Nathan Parker
Jul 20, 2015 Nathan Parker rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A practical, Biblical, edifying resource that helps Christians overcome their emotional baggage and pain and find rest and strength in the Lord Jesus Christ. It is perfect for either a counseling setting or simply to be used in one's devotional time.
Colleen Mertens
Aug 05, 2014 Colleen Mertens rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book had some great words of comfort. At times I felt it working on my heart. It is written just like Charles Stanley preaches and is compiled from several sermon series. Very good to read if you seek peace and healing.
Jason , etc.
Great pastor. This, though....it's as if he owed a book to his publisher and just spit something out hoping it would sell on his name alone. Well, mission accomplished. Not awful, but it's all recycled platitudes.
Sandy
Feb 29, 2008 Sandy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
All of us make mistakes but we can rest assured that God is concerned about our lives and we have love and support from him.
Jannie
This book is so Awesome, Charles Stanley shared his experience in hearing from God. This is his living testimony, not something he heard.
Sue
Jan 19, 2010 Sue rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wonderful
Dj Wells
Jul 24, 2012 Dj Wells rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
In this Dr. Stanley reveals and leads us through the ways God works in our lives healing our wounds and comforting our sorrows.
Lawrence Merritt
By sharing his story of healing from past painful experiences, Charles Stanley gives great insight into how God uses our pain to show us His love.
Loveleah
Mar 20, 2010 Loveleah rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I have many pending books to read.. =)
Debra
Feb 02, 2010 Debra rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another great book to give as a gift.
Nancy
Aug 12, 2012 Nancy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Larry Marshall
Larry Marshall rated it really liked it
Sep 06, 2012
Joyce Oliver stahle
Joyce Oliver stahle rated it really liked it
Aug 12, 2012
Robert Spradling
Robert Spradling rated it it was amazing
Jan 03, 2012
Nate Allen
Nate Allen rated it really liked it
Sep 25, 2014
Mike Rowe
Mike Rowe rated it really liked it
Jan 24, 2016
Beth Ann
Beth Ann rated it really liked it
Jul 15, 2012
Amber Elizabeth
Amber Elizabeth rated it really liked it
Nov 27, 2015
Dee Raymond
Dee Raymond rated it really liked it
Feb 14, 2015
Donya
Donya rated it it was amazing
Jan 25, 2009
Lora Lynch
Lora Lynch rated it it was amazing
Sep 05, 2014
Steve Beilharz
Steve Beilharz rated it it was amazing
Jan 25, 2013
Rich Brown
Rich Brown rated it really liked it
Dec 03, 2014
Russ Bell
Russ Bell rated it it was amazing
Jun 25, 2013
Emoree
Emoree rated it it was ok
Mar 29, 2011
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
  • Captured by Grace: No One Is Beyond the Reach of a Loving God
  • The Power Of Praying Together
  • Every Day Deserves a Chance: Wake Up to the Gift of 24 Hours
  • Faith and Doubt
  • Love Is a Choice: The Definitive Book on Letting Go of Unhealthy Relationships
  • Growing Deep in the Christian Life
  • Pathway to Freedom: How God's Law Guides Our Lives
  • The Good Life: Seeking Purpose, Meaning, and Truth in Your Life
  • Transforming Grace: Living Confidently in God's Unfailing Love
  • The Lie: Evolution
  • God's Guidance: A Slow and Certain Light
  • Taming the Tiger from the Depths of Hell to the Heights of Glory: The Remarkable True Story of a Kung Fu World Champion
  • When God Doesn't Make Sense
  • Daddy Loves His Girls
  • The Feasts of the Lord: God's Prophetic Calendar From Calvary to the Kingdom
  • First We Have Coffee
  • Hard to Believe: The High Cost and Infinite Value of Following Jesus
  • Classic Christianity: Life's Too Short to Miss the Real Thing
Dr. Charles F. Stanley is the senior pastor of First Baptist Church Atlanta, founder of In Touch Ministries, and a New York Times best-selling author who has written more than fifty books, and has sold more than nine million copies. He demonstrates a keen awareness of people's needs and provides Christ-centered, biblically-based principles for everyday life.

Charles Frazier Stanley was born Septem
More about Charles F. Stanley...